Toyota Expanding Production Capacity

Toyota Samrung plant is currently running at full capasity of 230.000 units a year. Toyota LOS is consulting with Toyota Japan to invest 4bn baht in Ban Pho plant to increase from todays full capacity of 120.000 to 200.000 units a year. Due to strong combined domestic and international demand of Vigo and Fortuner and limited capacity in LOS, Toyota in addition assembles Fortuners from mainly LOS made parts in Indonesia to serve exportmarkets.

and to ad to this very exciting thread, Toyota LOS on thursday celebrated EXPORTING 1 million Vigo and Fortuners in addition to the ones sold domestically. Toyota LOS has also exported 138 billion baht of parts for Vigo and Fortuner. Toyota LOS is proud of their success. I would be too:jap:

In the spirit of your exciting news thread, the next generation Colorado pickup will be getting a front-end styled like that of the current Captiva. Riveting stuff :)

Cannot afford a Fortuner! but is this the new GM pickup with the 2.8L lump??, Where is that engine being developed ? - USA, as I understand they will not be using Isuzu again!.

GM have just spent a tidy sum on refitting their dealership here, big party etc so confidence is on the up!

In the spirit of your exciting news thread, the next generation Colorado pickup will be getting a front-end styled like that of the current Captiva. Riveting stuff :)

Cannot afford a Fortuner! but is this the new GM pickup with the 2.8L lump??, Where is that engine being developed ? - USA, as I understand they will not be using Isuzu again!.

GM have just spent a tidy sum on refitting their dealership here, big party etc so confidence is on the up!

Correct, Isuzu will be based off the Chev Colorado this time around (end of next year, that is).

Facelifting dealerships is one thing, but I doubt that will fix their customer support issues, as that's all policy / attitude related. I also doubt they'll ever get above 10% market share here in LOS no matter how hard their marketing go at it, but Aussies will keep the Holden badged version of the Thai-built Colorado battling the Hilux for top-spot in that market - and that's almost enough to justify the investment alone.

huh?! Didn't they push production of the Fortuner to Indonesia and closed off a factory here in Thailand not too long ago (a few weeks ago)?

seems like they increased Fortuner production capacity by assembling 2000 more of them a month in Indonesia. From Thai made parts.

BTW, my source is Toyota LOS president Kyoichi Tanada