China Visa

It is likely that I will need to go to China on 5th July 2005. I will apply for either an 'L' type or an 'F' type visa. Does anyone know if the application can be posted to the China Embassy? It will save me having to spend 2 days in BKK prior to leaving.

Edited by jayenram

It is likely that I will need to go to China on 5th July 2005. I will apply for either an 'L' type or an 'F' type visa. Does anyone know if the application can be posted to the China Embassy? It will save me having to spend 2 days in BKK prior to leaving.

Visas will take up to ten days if you post them.

Go to the nearest Chinese Embassy in your country, early in the morning to avoid long cues.

Embassies usually issue 30 or 60 day single-entry and double-entry L and F visas. Usually takes four days if you drop off and pick up. Two days is the rush service: you pay more and you might end up disappointed if you are betting on connecting flights.

If you need more time, Hong Kong and Macau offer a variety of short and long term visas at reasonable prices, and there are similar services in Shanghai and Beijing. (Be careful. Use common sense and whereever possible accompany all applications, especially if your passport is leaving mainland China without you.)

You can also skip services and just do it yourself at the HK or Macau immigration border crossings. (Macau is cheaper than HK.)

If you want some websites for services in HK, BJ, SH, etc...PM me.

:o

Pity your not in Chiang Mai J , apply one day ,pick up next day

I think the HK rout use to be the best way to go. But now I think it is best/easiest to get the visa at the nearest Chinese Embassy. Typically I can get one in two days – Day one drop off forms, day 2 pick-up and pay. You have to pay extra for this “express” service otherwise it will take a few days.

If you will be traveling thru Bangkok pretty easy to go a little early and get the visa at the Embassy in Bangkok, and less expensive than the extra leg and hotel in HK.

Also note most of the Chinese Embassies only offer visa services in the AM. So not only is it a good idea to go early do to crowds it is also necessary to make sure you can file in general.

In regard to posting it – the best alternative here is to use a visa service. I do not have any experience with any services in Bangkok. The company we use in the US can turn around a Chinese visa for us in three days.

I cannot afford 10 days. My previous experience of the China embassy in BKK (and KL) is that you apply personally the morning of the first day and pick up the next day. I will have an invitation from the Chinese National Offshore Oil Company (CNOOC) so that may oil the wheels a little (but maybe not).

Anyway, looks like the overnight train to BKK on Sunday (missing the end of the French GP) and an overnight until flying on Tuesday. I suppose there are worse places to spend overnight than BKK. :o

• 1 year later...

OK ....Know its not the info you need but just for reference:

Got mine from the Chinese Embassy in London for last brief visit to PRC and for UK/US passport holders the fee is £30 but put for "others" it is only £20...duel pricing in UK...(used wifes Thai PP this time)

Same day "service"was available for believe another £50 each(communist/capitalist philosophy?) otherwise it took 3 days....no rush. :o

Shanghai great place ..... :D

• 4 weeks later...

It is impossible to actually talk to a person when calling the embassy, you jsut keep pressing buttons and getting greeted with recorded messages. I figured out it is 1,500 Baht per entry now I just need to know the office hours so i can figure out when to go there. Can anyone help me?

It is impossible to actually talk to a person when calling the embassy, you jsut keep pressing buttons and getting greeted with recorded messages. I figured out it is 1,500 Baht per entry now I just need to know the office hours so i can figure out when to go there. Can anyone help me?

It's actually 1100 THB, and the office hours is between 9-11am.

Just back from Bangkok with my Chinese visa.

Can get it on the same day when asking for a RUSH visa.

Need 2X 2 inch passport photo's, Application form, Baht 3,000(just under as visa fee and rush fee), and of course your passport with completely blank page (no blank page = no visa). This for a dual entry 6 month visa. Of course can get single entry and multiple. Apparently multiples not issued if first visit to China.

Get off BTS at Asoke station (Sukumvit) and get on underground train to Phra Ram 9 (Rama 9) station (better to get off here than the "Thailand Culteral Centre" stop usually stated on general websites for the Chinese Embassy as you don't go to the actual embassy). After exit walk down road towards Tesco Lotus and it's on the same side of the road. Not the actual embassy, but Building AA, 2nd floor. Opens between 9am and 11am and can return to pick up passport at 3pm the same day, if asked to do so.

Check 082 245 0088 (other numbers usually a recording) in case embassy closed Otherwise not much point ringing embassy really as rude man may answer 1 or 2 questions and then hang up or only get a recording. My 2 emails were never answered either. Process was easy and straightforward. At 9am the doors are opened and everyone rushes up the stairs to take a ticket and wait.

Can get application form off internet at www.chinaembassy.or.th and choose English (found it loaded quicker this way)

This is all 100% accurate as I just went this last Monday, 4 days ago.

From Pattaya to Bangkok and back in 1 day by bus with an early start, all done.

Edited by twix38

I bought a Chinese visa in Hong Kong once, never again. It was from the Chinese Tourist Centre big red sign to a building on the corner a couple blocks back from Nathon road in Mong Kok Kawloon. It cost the equivalent of 70 GBP. There was no other option if i wanted to go into China the next day. This was the express service. Not many places to stay under 50 GBP's in Hong Kong so....What was i gonna do.

For the last 3 years now, I have acquired a one year visa from the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok.

Its a formality I do annually. There is a small problem. They always refuse and say its because I don't have a work permit for Thailand. I tell them until I'm blue in the face that as a British Citizen, my work status in Thailand has nothing to do with application for a Chinese Visa. We go on and on like this until I get the visa. It gets easier each year as i can say "See look you gave me one last year"

If it wasn't for this I would send a courier but the Thai staff do like me to pop in for a fight once a year.

I normally take my wifes and my sister in laws instead of a courier (both Thai Chinese with Thai passports) now as we all travel to China regularly. i am the Chinese visa man of the family. its my job.

The price for Thai nationals was about 4500 Thai Baht the Price for English is a little cheaper 4000 Baht.

This is for the 4 day service. To go the express route add 500 baht per day until you get to the 'one day service'. Which cost about 6000 baht something like that.

You must go in the morning 9:00am so do not waste a journey.

Turn to the left where you see the motorcycle taxi's don't go all the way on to the embassy or you'll need to walk back.

Soi 3, Ratchadapisake Road

http://www.chinaembassy.or.th/eng/