Uk Settlement Waiting

hi everyone waiting, no news as yet but my wife got fone call on monday from embassy asking a few questions but not about our relationship it was all to do with kids?, now we are only applying for her and not kids so i dont really understand why they not ask about our relationship, and the 2nd time they call they ask about who the kids will stay with if she is given visa, but we have heard nothing since, does anyone know if this is common practice? please, thanks, john

Sorry I don't have a definitive answer John but perhaps they are querying whether the kids were intending to try and get visas for the UK as well, albeit at a later date. I'm presuming here that the kids are not biologically yours and would thus need visas (sorry if previously explained).

As I guess this would have been one of their first questions, it would seem that they only picked up your file on Monday 9th August, making it 8 weeks and 3 days for your paperwork to get to the front of the queue. That gives me about another 3 weeks and 3 days !

Best of luck for an SMS tomorrow.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi everyone waiting, no news as yet but my wife got fone call on monday from embassy asking a few questions but not about our relationship it was all to do with kids?, now we are only applying for her and not kids so i dont really understand why they not ask about our relationship, and the 2nd time they call they ask about who the kids will stay with if she is given visa, but we have heard nothing since, does anyone know if this is common practice? please, thanks, john

Sorry I don't have a definitive answer John but perhaps they are querying whether the kids were intending to try and get visas for the UK as well, albeit at a later date. I'm presuming here that the kids are not biologically yours and would thus need visas (sorry if previously explained).

As I guess this would have been one of their first questions, it would seem that they only picked up your file on Monday 9th August, making it 8 weeks and 3 days for your paperwork to get to the front of the queue. That gives me about another 3 weeks and 3 days !

Best of luck for an SMS tomorrow.

yes your right they asked my wife if we intended taking the kids and how long did she think she would be in the uk before going back for them?, i must admit it freaks me a bit, thanks mercury and hope i get the answer i want very soon this waiting is just terrible,

Hi All

Wife just called and YES,YES,YES...settlement visa succesful,my wait is now over and we can plan for the future.I am overjoyed as the waiting game is not a nice place to be.Now i just have to look for a flight for her to the UK one way next week..Can i book a flight with my credit card for her travelling alone? and if so does anyone know of some good travel agents/operators.

I would like to wish everybody in the settlement waiting game good luck and hope the wait is not to long.

Hi Miikeee

Great new, good luck to both of you.

I use Travelbag for my flights, they are good.

Best regards

Dubar

Well Done on the VISA !!

I used jet airways via Mumbai, was very pleased with the service and the airline, and where very cheap also :)

Good Luck

well folks my wait is almost over, wife got the sms this morning so now im in for the worst few hours of my life until it can be picked up after 3-o-clock, will inform everyone asap, john

all the best john,

i know the feeling, had the same one for the visitor visa wait, just waiting on the big one now.

you'll be fine mate.

cheers

Wishing you the best of luck tigerjohn

Welcome to the list incy and skeets

Waiting times from applications that have completed.

26 Feb, 08 Apr, 5 weeks and 6 days, weaver93, successful

03 Mar, 22 Apr, 7 weeks and 1 day, kp86, successful

04 Mar, 26 Apr, 7 weeks and 4 days, rinbury, unknown

08 Mar, 04 May, 8 weeks and 1 day, lostforwords, successful

08 Mar, 05 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, harrydash, successful

10 Mar, 06 May, 8 weeks and 1 day, samuzza, successful

19 Mar, 12 May, 7 weeks and 5 days, , refused

26 Mar, 25 May, 8 weeks and 4 days, andyandythai, unknown

30 Mar, 27 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, HowardJohnson, successful

30 Mar, 03 Jun, 9 weeks and 2 days, , refused

30 Apr, 04 May, 0 weeks and 4 days, bwalker1973, successful

07 May, 29 Jun, 7 weeks and 4 days, craiggm16, successful

11 May, 02 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, Phil_nu_uk and nongbkk, both successful

24 May, 09 Jul, 6 weeks and 4 days, friend of catch245uk, unknown

25 May, 12 Jul, 6 weeks and 6 days, candledinner79, successful

25 May, 15 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, sanook2me, successful

26 May, 16 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, catch245UK, successful

31 May, 21 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, Matty1243, successful

01 Jun, 23 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, billymalky and esoteric, both successful

02 Jun, 02 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, Kaks and mikeee, both successful

08 Jun, 06 Aug, 8 weeks and 3 days, kevozman1, unknown

11 Jun, 11 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, tigerjohn, unknown at the moment

Still waiting (11/08/10)

18 Jun, Dubar, has been waiting for 7 weeks and 5 days to date

21 Jun, incy, has been waiting for 7 weeks and 2 days to date

24 Jun, jasonr3255 and chiang mai, have been waiting for 6 weeks and 6 days to date

25 Jun, stament, has been waiting for 6 weeks and 5 days to date

28 Jun, TiggerFish and Skeets, have been waiting for 6 weeks and 2 days to date

06 Jul, Mercury and lonnie41, have been waiting for 5 weeks and 1 days to date

23 Jul, yumster, has been waiting for 2 weeks and 5 days to date

30 Jul, liveforever, has been waiting 1 weeks and 5 days to date

03 Aug, silverdales, has been waiting 1 weeks and 1 days to date

Hi, Does anyone know if the waiting time for a child settlement visa request to join her mother in the UK is the same as an adult or not, seems adults are taking around 6 weeks and we are hoping to get the daughters visa all sorted in a 3 week window when we will be in Thailand, or can I get the ball rolling now from UK. Thanks in advance

All settlement applications (spouse, child and fiancée) seem to be taking about the same time, assuming no complications.

Currently the experience of those using this forum is that the waiting time is between 8-9 weeks.

Here is a link to the UKBA guide to processing times.

You can do some of the preparation from the UK but the application has to be submitted in Thailand.

hello everyone waiting, just thought id keep you up to date, i know nothing seems to be happening on our board but speaking to my wife today and on the forum she is on in thailand (sorry dont know what its called, lady inter or sumething like that) well the girls on there are just as anxious as we fellas are here, maybe you know someone on there?, my good wife informs me today the girl who put her app in on the 8th june got the message yesterday (thurs) although they seem to have forgot to sms her when she got home and checked vfs tracker there it was, she picked it up today and was a success, so she waited 8wk 2days, anyway just thought id let you know so the hope is still there, im hoping next wk for our answer, please haha

Good luck. Crossing my fingers for you.

They all seem to be taking about 8 weeks according to the stats so that's comforting for everyone waiting!

Hi, Does anyone know if the waiting time for a child settlement visa request to join her mother in the UK is the same as an adult or not, seems adults are taking around 6 weeks and we are hoping to get the daughters visa all sorted in a 3 week window when we will be in Thailand, or can I get the ball rolling now from UK. Thanks in advance

I am waiting for child settlement to join Mother in UK, Submitted 24 June so 6 Weeks and 6 days to date, Keep your eye on this thread I am in the list as Jasonr3255

Good Luck and I'll keep you posted 1

yessssssssssssssssssssssssss, my wait is finally over, thankyou to everyone especially tiggerfish for doing all the work for me on here keeping all the data up to date so keep up the good work for everyone else tigger, and want to wish all still waiting the best of luck and hope you dont suffer the agony ive been feeling these last few weeks, it is such a relief now, so good luck everyone your times will come soon i hope, thanks, john

yessssssssssssssssssssssssss, my wait is finally over, thankyou to everyone especially tiggerfish for doing all the work for me on here keeping all the data up to date so keep up the good work for everyone else tigger, and want to wish all still waiting the best of luck and hope you dont suffer the agony ive been feeling these last few weeks, it is such a relief now, so good luck everyone your times will come soon i hope, thanks, john

Congratulations John. I,m happy it all worked out for you. Me and the wife have been back in the UK now for two weeks already and she seems to be loving it.

Good luck to everybody else waiting as Well Paul

Well done John !

To add another statistic, my missus sent me an sms to say that someone on this website, Lady Inter or whatever, received her visa today after waiting 60 days or 8 weeks and 4 days. Could that be John's wife ?

hehe thanks, yes i would imagine it was mrs mahoney thats the site she been communicating on, good luck to u all, its the best feeling in the world as i hope you will all find out, john

great news :-) I've been thinking about you all day, hopefully not to long for me now.

Best regards

Dubar

Congratulations John. I,m happy it all worked out for you. Me and the wife have been back in the UK now for two weeks already and she seems to be loving it.

Good luck to everybody else waiting as Well Paul

Firstly well done, many congratulations Tigerjohn. Very pleased for you.

Secondly Paul - I'm curious to know what exactly your wife's loving in the U.K. Surely not the British food?!! Will she be loving the dark winter nights that's the real test I guess

well done john,

must be a great relief mate, all the very best for the future.

steve

Edited by liveforever

Hello,

My step grandaughters settlement papers were placed on July 3rd-----still waiting.Their parents are waiting in Thailand now,but it does seem to take an age.We reckon between 7 and 9 weeks!!--good luck anyway

Lonnie

Fantastic News John,

Good Luck for the future, First things first, get yourself a rice cooker for the good lady upon arrival :lol: lol.!!

Congratulations, I take it after the SMS saying just collect your passport from VFS either a Visa in the passport or a letter saying why not? - I dont like the sound of this wait, we are pulling our hair out after only a week....Good luck everyone .. Thanks Tigger keeping list up to date it helps !

Cheers

Is it normal to get an email from the agency informing an applicant that their application has now been passed over to the British Embassy? If so, I wonder what the average wait is for this "second leg" of the process?

Is it normal to get an email from the agency informing an applicant that their application has now been passed over to the British Embassy? If so, I wonder what the average wait is for this "second leg" of the process?

yes its quite normal and if you read the rest of this topic you will find at the moment the wait is 8/9 weeks????

yes its quite normal and if you read the rest of this topic you will find at the moment the wait is 8/9 weeks????

and increasing !

My wifes visa app went in 9th june we got the ok on 9th aug cant wait till she is here the visa wont start untill 9th sep we did put that date on app thinking it would take 3 months but all is good many thanks to all the knowlage on here

My wifes visa app went in 9th june we got the ok on 9th aug cant wait till she is here the visa wont start untill 9th sep we did put that date on app thinking it would take 3 months but all is good many thanks to all the knowlage on here

Congratulations nice to see another success. There seems to have been a lot of those lately. It would be interesting to know the % success rate for all visa apps based on the applications made (sadly they don't publish this).