Uk Settlement Waiting

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Kaks, all the best for the future and thanks for letting us know.

Lets hope we hear from mikee soon.

Welcome to the world of waiting lonnie41.

Waiting times from applications that have completed.

26 Feb, 08 Apr, 5 weeks and 6 days, weaver93, successful

03 Mar, 22 Apr, 7 weeks and 1 day, kp86, successful

04 Mar, 26 Apr, 7 weeks and 4 days, rinbury, unknown

08 Mar, 04 May, 8 weeks and 1 day, lostforwords, successful

08 Mar, 05 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, harrydash, successful

10 Mar, 06 May, 8 weeks and 1 day, samuzza, successful

19 Mar, 12 May, 7 weeks and 5 days, , refused

26 Mar, 25 May, 8 weeks and 4 days, andyandythai, unknown

30 Mar, 27 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, HowardJohnson, successful

30 Mar, 03 Jun, 9 weeks and 2 days, , refused

30 Apr, 04 May, 0 weeks and 4 days, bwalker1973, successful

07 May, 29 Jun, 7 weeks and 4 days, craiggm16, successful

11 May, 02 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, Phil_nu_uk and nongbkk, both successful

24 May, 09 Jul, 6 weeks and 4 days, friend of catch245uk, unknown

25 May, 12 Jul, 6 weeks and 6 days, candledinner79, successful

25 May, 15 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, sanook2me, successful

26 May, 16 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, catch245UK, successful

31 May, 21 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, Matty1243, successful

01 Jun, 23 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, billymalky and esoteric, both successful

02 Jun, 02 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, Kaks, successful

Still waiting (03/08/10)

02 Jun, mikee, has been waiting for 8 weeks and 6 days to date

06 Jun, kevozman1, has been waiting for 8 weeks and 2 days to date

11 Jun, tigerjohn, has been waiting for 7 weeks and 4 day to date

18 Jun, Dubar, has been waiting for 6 weeks and 4 day to date

24 Jun, jasonr3255 and chiang mai, have been waiting for 5 weeks and 5 days to date

25 Jun, stament, has been waiting for 5 weeks and 4 days to date

28 Jun, TiggerFish, has been waiting for 5 weeks and 1 day to date

06 Jul, Mercury and lonnie41, have been waiting for 4 weeks and 0 days to date

23 Jul, yumster, has been waiting for 1 weeks and 4 days to date

30 Jul, liveforever, has been waiting 0 weeks and 4 days to date

Hi Guys, My wife has received her Settlement Visa today. To say I'm chuffed is a huge understatement, she submitted the application on the 2nd of June so it's taken 8 weeks and 5 days.

I thought I was gonna lose the plot so it's arrived just in the nick of time! Cheers guys for keeping this thread going, it helped maintain my sanity.

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Kaks

Hello Kaks

Great news, well done for holding on for nearly 9 weeks, it will be worth it :D

Best regards

Dubar

Hi all, My wife received a text message yesterday to say that her passport is ready for collection at regents house.She is getting the 6 hour bus journey this evening,so i will let you all know Wednesday the outcome,the wait is nearly over for me and wish all fellow members all the best in getting their Settlement Visas.... GREAT work Tigerfish thankyou.

Hi All

Wife just called and YES,YES,YES...settlement visa succesful,my wait is now over and we can plan for the future.I am overjoyed as the waiting game is not a nice place to be.Now i just have to look for a flight for her to the UK one way next week..Can i book a flight with my credit card for her travelling alone? and if so does anyone know of some good travel agents/operators.

I would like to wish everybody in the settlement waiting game good luck and hope the wait is not to long.

Hi All

Wife just called and YES,YES,YES...settlement visa succesful,my wait is now over and we can plan for the future.I am overjoyed as the waiting game is not a nice place to be.Now i just have to look for a flight for her to the UK one way next week..Can i book a flight with my credit card for her travelling alone? and if so does anyone know of some good travel agents/operators.

I would like to wish everybody in the settlement waiting game good luck and hope the wait is not to long.

hello mikee well done and all the best to you both mate, yes you can book her a flight but you will need her passport num and all her details i think, if i was you i would try wefly.co.uk, ebookers or asiatravel, these you can get instant confirmation and im sure you will find a decent one, i was looking and thai airways direct to heathrow was £371, try them pal, good luck,

That's fantastic news mikeee congratulations and good luck for all the years to come.

I've been waiting on your news to post an update.

Regarding flights, This was posted the other day, it may be of some help.

Welcome to the list silverdales.

Good luck everyone.

02 Jun, 02 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, Kaks and mikeee, both successful

Still waiting (04/08/10)

06 Jun, kevozman1, has been waiting for 8 weeks and 3 days to date

11 Jun, tigerjohn, has been waiting for 7 weeks and 5 day to date

18 Jun, Dubar, has been waiting for 6 weeks and 5 day to date

24 Jun, jasonr3255 and chiang mai, have been waiting for 5 weeks and 6 days to date

25 Jun, stament, has been waiting for 5 weeks and 5 days to date

28 Jun, TiggerFish, has been waiting for 5 weeks and 2 day to date

06 Jul, Mercury and lonnie41, have been waiting for 4 weeks and 1 day to date

23 Jul, yumster, has been waiting for 1 weeks and 5 days to date

30 Jul, liveforever, has been waiting 0 weeks and 5 days to date

03 Aug, silverdales, has been waiting 0 weeks and 1 day to date

Hi All

Hi Miikeee

Great new, good luck to both of you.

I use Travelbag for my flights, they are good.

Best regards

Dubar

Hi Mikeee

Congratulations on your news, I wish it was me. The waiting game is not nice, this yes or no is biggest one I've ever waited for, with my girlfriend being 15 weeks pregnant already a no is a complete disaster and a yes would make me ecstatic.

With regards to the flight, I paid for my girlfriend to fly alone in January using my credit card with British Airways. When she came to check in they wanted confirmation of the credit card number so my girlfriend called me and passed me over to the lady on the check in desk who took my details and there were no problems.

Good luck

Yumster

Thanks I have heard that Westeast Travel are quite OK (google them) and my friend paid here for a one way BKK - LHR no problem, the other thing I was thinking that may help people is that most of the listings above are successful (thank god) but of the ones that are turned down ... is there a pattern therefore future applicants could be stronger in these fields?

Just wondering....

Thanks I have heard that Westeast Travel are quite OK (google them) and my friend paid here for a one way BKK - LHR no problem, the other thing I was thinking that may help people is that most of the listings above are successful (thank god) but of the ones that are turned down ... is there a pattern therefore future applicants could be stronger in these fields?

Just wondering....

hi silverdales, yes good idea but when this topic was started tiggerfish kindly went back through previous posts and collected all the data as we see it today, so we do not know why they were refused apart from jasons and if you look back on this topic you will see his answer why he was refused, but i can see where you are coming from but on the other hand im sure if there were refusals then it is up to the individual whether or not he wants to say why they were refused, good luck mate,

Just wondering....

While it is promising that these application are successful it is also important to remember that this is just a handful of the actual number submitted, and I would guess there is a significant amount that are refused who have never graced the boards of TV however, it is encouraging that the helpful information from the likes of 7by7, Scouser, and the old git but to mention a few, have been instrumental in advising applicants on there applications and TV members appear to be well informed and ready before submitting there partners Visa apps..!

In fact, most applications are successful. The figures for 2009/10 have yet to be published, but in 2008/09 in Thailand out of 2,775 settlement applications, 2,385 were granted; thats 87%.

See Entry Clearance Statistics 2008/09; Thailand's settlement applications are on page 75.

The success rate for family visits (page 37) was 90% and for other visits (page 52) it was 91%.

A look in the archives (2001/02 to 2004/05 and 2005/06 onwards) will show similar results.

Which indicates, to me at least, that provided one prepares properly, obtaining a UK visa, visit or settlement, is not as difficult as some would have people believe.

In fact, most applications are successful. The figures for 2009/10 have yet to be published, but in 2008/09 in Thailand out of 2,775 settlement applications, 2,385 were granted; thats 87%.

See Entry Clearance Statistics 2008/09; Thailand's settlement applications are on page 75.

The success rate for family visits (page 37) was 90% and for other visits (page 52) it was 91%.

A look in the archives (2001/02 to 2004/05 and 2005/06 onwards) will show similar results.

Which indicates, to me at least, that provided one prepares properly, obtaining a UK visa, visit or settlement, is not as difficult as some would have people believe.

I think you are right and that many of those who fail are either unrealistic, do not cover the requirements or have a poorly prepared application. If that assumption is true or near true, then it begs the question as to why the waiting time is so long. More staff needed perhaps ?

From what I have read on this and similar forums and elsewhere, the FTTIAC website and that of it's predecessor the AIT, I would say that, in descending order, refusals are because:-

1) The applicant qualified, but failed to show that they did.

2) The applicant did not qualify for some reason.

3) Errors by the ECO.

In 2008/09, 210 settlement appeals were lodged in Thailand, of which 80 were allowed and 65 dismissed; the rest had not been resolved when the year ended (page 121). Globally, 61% were dismissed (page 17). This does seem to support my theory; although I accept that were one to transpose 1 and 3 the appeal results would be similar!

As for processing times, a lot of it is due purely and simply to when one applies. Do so at a quiet time and the application will be processed more quickly than if one applies at a busy time.

As can bee seen from the graph on page 15, global demand starts to rise in March and peaks in July; probably due to student applications. There is no reason to suppose that Thailand is significantly different.

From my, admittedly long ago, experience of being a civil servant, staffing levels are set according to the average workload; at busy times we were definitely understaffed, at quieter times possibly overstaffed!

hello everyone waiting, just thought id keep you up to date, i know nothing seems to be happening on our board but speaking to my wife today and on the forum she is on in thailand (sorry dont know what its called, lady inter or sumething like that) well the girls on there are just as anxious as we fellas are here, maybe you know someone on there?, my good wife informs me today the girl who put her app in on the 8th june got the message yesterday (thurs) although they seem to have forgot to sms her when she got home and checked vfs tracker there it was, she picked it up today and was a success, so she waited 8wk 2days, anyway just thought id let you know so the hope is still there, im hoping next wk for our answer, please haha

Girlfriend got message today that pasport has been issued to

company who assisted our application. Will let everybody know

outcome, probably be on monday.

Good job Tiggerfish, just like to point out that visa was submitted

on 8th June.

on 8th June.

thanks for keeping us informed kevozman and good luck pal

7 by 7 thanks for the links to the stats, you seem to know these websites and the rules/regs inside out.

kevozman1 thanks for the correction (I'll get me coat). I hope it all works out for you, keeping fingers crossed.

tigerjohn, that puts you at the top of the list now.

Have a great weekend folks.

02 Jun, 02 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, Kaks and mikeee, both successful

08 Jun, 06 Aug, 8 weeks and 3 days, kevozman1, unknown at the moment

Still waiting (06/08/10)

11 Jun, tigerjohn, has been waiting for 8 weeks and 0 days to date

18 Jun, Dubar, has been waiting for 7 weeks and 0 days to date

24 Jun, jasonr3255 and chiang mai, have been waiting for 6 weeks and 1 days to date

25 Jun, stament, has been waiting for 6 weeks and 0 days to date

28 Jun, TiggerFish and Skeets, have been waiting for 5 weeks and 4 days to date

06 Jul, Mercury and lonnie41, have been waiting for 4 weeks and 3 days to date

23 Jul, yumster, has been waiting for 2 weeks and 0 days to date

30 Jul, liveforever, has been waiting 1 weeks and 0 days to date

03 Aug, silverdales, has been waiting 0 weeks and 3 days to date

on 8th June.

good luck to you, hope you get good news monday.

cheers.

on 8th June.

Hi Kevozman

Good luck for Monday

Best regards

Dubar

hi everyone waiting, no news as yet but my wife got fone call on monday from embassy asking a few questions but not about our relationship it was all to do with kids?, now we are only applying for her and not kids so i dont really understand why they not ask about our relationship, and the 2nd time they call they ask about who the kids will stay with if she is given visa, but we have heard nothing since, does anyone know if this is common practice? please, thanks, john