New Silencer For My Bike

pete600

Hi Guys

I am looking for a new silencer for my bike. I have searched the web and asked in a few local bike shops but with no joy.

I sent a email to motosport.com who stock FMF exhausts and got this reply.

Unfortunately I do not stock or have access to any exhaust system for the 250Xl's. I researched with some of my suppliers and also on the web to see if I can find something or at least point you in a direction and came back with nothing.

If i could buy it locally would be great but of the web is no problem

The Bike

1995 HONDA 250 DEGREE (MD26)

Thanks

Pete

Pete. where are you?

do you want it louder or quiet. Is it ok to modify the downpipe? waht size and type of attachment is it? etc etc etc

Hi

I am in Phuket would like it a bit louder. if i can keep the down pipe standard would be better. Not sure what you mean about the size of the attachment.

I was hoping to find something that is a direct replacement for the factory exhausts.

<br><br>I am in Phuket would like it a bit louder. if i can keep the down pipe standard would be better.

Have you looked at replacement pipes for Honda Waves etc. There are lots available, some with bigger inlets than std Wave. One of them might fit? You'll have to take the pipe off and measure the inlet.

endu1.jpg

10005c1.jpgSomething like this? The silencer not the pipe!

There must be loads on places in Puckett City. If you don't want to look too hard ask a Motocy taxi rider they all know, just follow him. I found a digital tach there the same way

Good Luck

Edited by VocalNeal

<br><br>I am in Phuket would like it a bit louder. if i can keep the down pipe standard would be better.

Have you looked at replacement pipes for Honda Waves etc. There are lots available, some with bigger inlets than std Wave. One of them might fit? You'll have to take the pipe off and measure the inlet.

endu1.jpg

10005c1.jpgSomething like this? The silencer not the pipe!

There must be loads on places in Puckett City. If you don't want to look too hard ask a Motocy taxi rider they all know, just follow him. I found a digital tach there the same way

Good Luck

I did think of the endurance can but it sounds bloody horrible.

I was looking at a FMF can but the only list for a XR250R 1996. Not sure if there would be much difference.

Thanks

Pete

Still looking

I have emailed 6 different shop but all saying the same thing. Sorry we don't stock that exhaust for your bike annoyed.gif

If i bought a exhaust for a 1996 Honda xr 250r pretty much the same bike. Could i get a exhaust/ metal shop to make it fit.

Or will this be more trouble than it 's worth