OK to put my laptop through the xray machine at the airport?

tominthat

Just make sure that there are not too many people ahead of you in the queue when you do it.

There is a scam whereby a travelling group will block the processing

leaving you at the back submitting your laptop

which happens fairly quickly

then when it emerges far away at the other end one of them picks it up "by mistake"

and walks off with it.

I had it done to me in Singapore.

I spoke to the airline staff who allowed me to inspect all of the overhead lockers on the flight.

Before I found it the Malaysian thieves handed it back to me.

I could not pursue the matter because it was an "accident".

Edited by jobsworth

Just make sure that there are not too many people ahead of you in the queue when you do it.

There is a scam whereby a travelling group will block the processing

leaving you at the back submitting your laptop

which happens fairly quickly

then when it emerges far away at the other end one of them picks it up "by mistake"

and walks off with it.

I had it done to me in Singapore.

I spoke to the airline staff who allowed me to inspect all of the overhead lockers on the flight.

Before I found it the Malaysian thieves handed it back to me.

I could not pursue the matter because it was an "accident".

Man you are so very lucky you got your computer back!... I take that this was only because the x ray was right at the plane boarding gate.

So. if the x-ray machine can look 'through' bags and see whats inside, why do they insist you take out your computer from the bag ?. And they know its a laptop coz most laptop bags look the same - what if it was inside -say a flight trolley bag or a backpack for example?

So. if the x-ray machine can look 'through' bags and see whats inside, why do they insist you take out your computer from the bag ?. And they know its a laptop coz most laptop bags look the same - what if it was inside -say a flight trolley bag or a backpack for example?

While its in the bag its much more difficult to get a clear view because of the other items people tend to store in laptop bags. If you keep it inside any other bag you will still be asked to remove it when its been spotted and it will then have to go back through the x ray.