Is This A Local Product?

sceadugenga

Seems to be sugar free, very refreshing when a dash is added to soda or bottled water.

I buy it in the local market, but then I haven't looked anywhere else.

I'm trying to wean myself off Coke Lite and it seems like a good alternative.

post-38081-094931700 1278739203_thumb.jp

• Like 1

The label says 30% lime juice with 6.9% lime something, mrs wasn't sure, could be solids or "zest".

No sugar on the label.

I was going to say the local fruits seem full of natural sugar, but if its lime you could be onto something.

Sour I suspect though :bah:

I'm not a big fan of coke, I used to drink it for a change on a night out and felt terrible the next day.

Kids have stopped drinking it also, I don't know wether it was the teacher or Television that told them it causes cancer.

Do the light & zero still have the chemicals to replace the sugar taste ?

The label says 30% lime juice with 6.9% lime something, mrs wasn't sure, could be solids or "zest".

No sugar on the label.

I was going to say the local fruits seem full of natural sugar, but if its lime you could be onto something.

Sour I suspect though :bah:

I'm not a big fan of coke, I used to drink it for a change on a night out and felt terrible the next day.

Kids have stopped drinking it also, I don't know wether it was the teacher or Television that told them it causes cancer.

Do the light & zero still have the chemicals to replace the sugar taste ?

Sure do Jubbski, lots and lots of aspartame which some people claim is the devil's sperm.

We use this product for salad dressings and for that matter anything that calls for lemon or lime juice.

It is definably a sour citric juice that is table friendly.

We bought a case (12 bottles) at the local fruit wholesale market last March (near Hwy 1 &1020 intersection - Off Hwy 1 just south of Hwy 1020 on the east side).

I was a bit dubious at first but was back for another case inside of 2 months.

The cost is nominal at 100 Tb. for the case.

The zesty citrus flavor is a compliment to fish as well as salads.

We use it with chili peppers - garlic - water - sugar & fish sauce as a dipping sauce.

As far as a drink we have yet to try that so let me know how that works out for you.

To the OP, that's a good tip. I keep an ear open for "no sugar added" drinking products. There are some (expensive) ones at 7-11 from Tipco and Malee, although they

are still way too sweet. And I like sour so the lime based one you found looks like it would fit the bill.

What I do with juices here in the home country is mix three parts soda or sparkling water to one part juice. Keeps the taste, lowers the sugar intake and adds a bit of fizz.

I buy two South African all-juice (not from concentrate) products here in Canada, Ceres and Wilde brands. I found Ceres at a Villa market in BKK. The cranberry-kiwi that I like here at home was appallingly sweet in Thailand. They used cherry juice as base juice. Ugh, it was undrinkable.

At 10baht a bottle it's certainly economic drinking. It's great with soda or, as I said, just a dash in bottled water.

I would imagine it has some sort of preservative in it.

I agree it is a good alternative to wean off Coke with me its Pepsi Max and Red Cordial lmao :)

Its so hard to kick the habit sugar dependence.:(