Getting To The British Embassy

ThaiLife

I have to go to the British Embassy in Bangkok

I will be arriving by bus at Ekamai Bus station and then I need to get to the Embassy for around 8 am , I am wondering what would be the best / easiest way to get from the bus station to the Embassy taking into consideration the Traffic around that time, any advice / tips / comments most welcome

You could get a skytrain from Ekkamai station to Ploenchit and then walk to the embassy from there. Trains start running at 6am as I recall so you will have plenty of time. The whole journey (once you are on the train) shouldn't take any longer than 20-25 minutes, including the short walk to the embassy (about half a kilometre).

Edited by inthepink

You need to get to Ploen Chit BTS station which is on the same line as Ekamai BTS station next door to the bus station, when I went the bus stopped at On Nut station on the way to Ekamai, and we got off and got on BTS there. This is a couple of stations further away from Ploen Chit but maybe is quicker than sitting on the bus to Ekamai from On Nut.

The Embassy is about 20 mins walk from Ploen Chit Station but allow 30mins.

20 minutes?! More like 2 minutes. BTS is definitely the quickest and easiest way to go.

For sure, it's only a couple of minutes, leave the station in the direction of travel and exit to the right and you just cross the road to the embassy compound - or you can walk through the shopping centre on the right, think it's called Blue Wave, it's a Home Pro, down the escalator, turn left and entrance to the embassy is across the road, it's easier to cross there.

The Embassy is about 20 mins walk from Ploen Chit Station but allow 30mins.

20 minutes?! More like 2 minutes. BTS is definitely the quickest and easiest way to go.

Yep as above, I work at NZ Embassy which is the same distance in opposite direction to UK Embassy from Ploenchit BTS Station, will only take you 2-3 mins max to walk it.