Where Is Police Station

biplrbr

As above.

Drive along the flower market (along side the Ping river), you will come up to the Traffic Police Station is along the way, on the Ping River side.

When you get there, go up the steps, take your ticket to the desk opposite the door and leave it with the officers. Take a seat and wait for your name to be called. When they call you, you sign and pay the fee. Take your paper to the hole in the wall office area next to the door. Hand it in and wait for the guy to give you your license back. Voila. Done.

Not a bad thing, surely??

It shows the police do want to do something about the deaths/injuries suffered on the road, that they're not using it as a salary supplement, and it's all above board.

Incidentally, how much is the fine, or don't you know until you pay?

Edited by F4UCorsair

200 baht

Guess they have dropped the price as it was 500 baht several years ago. Also read on one of the other TV subforums recently about 500 baht and if the passenger isn't wearing one also then 1000 Baht. But may not be nationwide.

its just south of Wororot market and along the ping river. It's just north of the Narawat Bridge. West side of the ping river.

interactive map

The police station is not listed in this map but does show a post office. Find warorot market and follow the river south.

Thanks for the map link.

I have walked past it many times.

The Post office is nearby too.

thanks guys <BR><BR>all went well except the fine which was 500 baht!<BR><BR>no english being spoken he indicated vroom vroom meaning my bike was too loud<BR>but i was clearly pulled over for no helmet and nothing was said at the arrest site about<BR>my muffler being too loud - i'll never know since i am putting the stock mufler back on<BR>oh well - TIT<BR><BR>biplrbr

A word of advice for future infractions.... TAKE A THAI WOMAN TO DO YOUR NEGOTIATING!

The two times I had to go to the police station on the river I brought along a Thai girl friend. They negotiated my fine down from 400 baht to 200 baht.

As i said, both times i paid 200 baht. However, i have a Thai license. NO idea if that makes a difference. Also i spoke Thai with them at those times too.

Smarty-pants. Of course it made a difference. :lol:

As i said, both times i paid 200 baht. However, i have a Thai license. NO idea if that makes a difference. Also i spoke Thai with them at those times too.

It must be added that wearing Smart pants also is a very smart when you have to go for a Riperian entertainment at the riverside .(

Smarty-pants, in smart pants,with a Thai license):D

I havent been able to pay my no helmet tickets to the officer for over 2 years. So i used to make regular trips to the station to pay my fine. The fine changed from time to time between 500, 400 and 200 baht. True that bringing a cute thai girl can help to bring the price down. I once went there on the way to a nice dinner with a lovely girl and cause of here the fine was only 100 baht.

Be aware on mornings when the sun is not up and about from 7 o clock, those mornings when it's still very pleasant outside and not hot at all... That's when they are all over town. I were my helmet about 50% of the time, but since I discovered that it has to do with the weather, i never had a single ticket anymore.

:P I dunno!

But, I just recalled something else. The 2nd stop had a HUGE queue..seems to have been mainly foreigners. I think it was people without a license. I should have asked. At least with a (Thai?) license, you just hand it over and take the paperwork. So i advise getting a Thai license, its worth it.

..and maybe I was only charged 200 baht because both times the officers flirted with me. :D No idea. I thought that 200 baht was the norm price. Maybe if i was cuter it would have only been 100 baht. :lol: