Internet Banking

Hi all,

I registered for internet banking with two banks - Bangkok Bank and TMB. I registered with TMB over a week ago, and the Bangkok Bank nearly three weeks ago, giving them photocopies of my passport, bank book and previous bank statements, along with all the forms (I even went over the application with someone in the bank). I still haven't got the user name and password, even though I've been calling periodically and dropping in to the branch over the past week.

Anyone know what's going on here?

At the BB they said that my old passport had expired, so I showed them my bank book, a photocopy of which I signed. They said all would be ok, but they'd call me the next day to let me know what was happening either way. The TMB said this too. Still I haven't heard anything.

This is really annoying. Does it really take this long to do something so simple as registering for a bank service with a bank I already hold an account with? Anyone know how I can speed the process up a bit?

:angry:

Edited by myauq

Hi,

I don't know about TMB but you can register for Bangkok Bank's internet banking from their ATM machines. I did it recently and it's very quick and simple - no need for any documents. I'd recommend just doing it that way.

See here.

Edited by josephbloggs

Hi,

I don't know about TMB but you can register for Bangkok Bank's internet banking from their ATM machines. I did it recently and it's very quick and simple - no need for any documents. I'd recommend just doing it that way.

See here.

priceless!

fantastic bit of information right there :jap:

just got back from the atm, registered online with the atm reciept and temp pin - all up 25 mins work... whilst the bank are still working on it, three weeks later :ph34r:

Edited by myauq

Bangkok Bank Internet banking, does it have to be current account holders only?

I tried at at an ATM in our town but could not complete the set up. It said "Some account information missing" on the screen.

I have two passbook savings accounts, one with BE 1st ATM card and both in my name only.

UPDATE

TMB

- first, i went to register with the atm slip after waiting for almost 2 weeks for the paper registration. great idea, but unfortunately it rendered my paper application invalid. this caused lots of problems with verifying my identity, which the call center people didn't understand at all. i had to go to the bank at least 5 times to get a new password, send in the form for a new passport, after being given the wrong login id and password by the folks at the branch... arrghh! anyway, i finally got there, and now i have the TMB internet banking working.

BKK BANK

- after going to the atm last week, i got the details and logged on straight away. easy. but the problem i've got now is not being able to transfer between accounts (local and international). i went back to the branch where i submitted the international funds transfer form, and they said they'd send it asap (they've already had it for 3 weeks!). it's now 4 days later and still the international account doesn't show on my ibanking. this is dragging on a bit now

all this faffing around has got me thinking i should just use my card overseas, and forget the internet banking option. sad really, because it's designed to be the easiest most convenient method of transfering MY OWN MONEY :ph34r:

There are two key types of customer accounts that won't be registered via ATM at BKK Bank. The first is joint accounts, the second is customers they have recorded as tourists. If you were a tourist when you opened your accounts but are no longer in that category then get your branch to update your info.

Hi,

See here.

Thanks for the link JB, worked like a charm.

I've just spent the best part of an hour going through Bangkok Bank's website and downloading the pdf application form for this before stumbling on the great tip above that you can do it from the ATM. You'd think they'd make it a bit more obvious, wouldn't you?

We have taken two trips from Oz to Thailand and still have no internet banking ,bangkok bank is a JOKE .when we go back soon the wife is going to change banks .drives me insane .You can walk into the bank here and set it up in ten minutes .

over there they say they will send the password in one week by mail but it never comes .

Makes you wonder if the left hand knows what the right hand is doing at Bangkok Bank...and I'm an account holder.

We have taken two trips from Oz to Thailand and still have no internet banking ,bangkok bank is a JOKE .when we go back soon the wife is going to change banks .drives me insane .You can walk into the bank here and set it up in ten minutes .

over there they say they will send the password in one week by mail but it never comes .

Makes you wonder if the left hand knows what the right hand is doing at Bangkok Bank...and I'm an account holder.

yes, and yes...

it's totally ridiculous. i just got everything set up, finally, after an entire month of waiting!

but now there are two more issues... 1 - the display is in Australian dollars, which means I have to do the calculating (i.e. fees and exchange rate) myself - i can live with this though. 2 - my account for international transfers has a fuc_king expiry date attached to it (the end of this year), so i take it that means i'll need to renew (in other words give them another mountain of papers in person) again in 5 months time!

it's also quite ridiculous when you consider that i just renewed my australian driver's licence, and transfered some money to my paypal account, and to thailand, all within 10 minutes with different financial institutions overseas. easy :)

convenience - that's the whole the point of joining the digital age thailand !!!!!