Bus To Bkk From Pattaya

Jayroo

Hi there,

I know this has probably been asked a zillion times but the 'search' is not working, just wondering if the buses are taken from the North Pattaya bus station? and are there many companies that go to BKK or just one? like are the option between private and government buses? As I've heard some private ones have thieves that steal your luggage, is that true?? thanks in advance...

I dont think you get to choose between companies when buying tickets at the counter. You only have an option between buying a ticket to Mohchit station or Ekkamai station at bangkok. Mohchit is close to chatuchak market. No bags stolen the many times I have gone so its been totally safe for me.

I dont think you get to choose between companies when buying tickets at the counter. You only have an option between buying a ticket to Mohchit station or Ekkamai station at bangkok. Mohchit is close to chatuchak market. No bags stolen the many times I have gone so its been totally safe for me.

thanks for that, do u know if Mohchit is the one closest to nana, sukumvit? where it has a sky train station, can't remember, cheers

Yes it's from North Rd, though Jomptien has it's own station if you happen to be staying there.

Only one company, which owns the station.

Never heard of bags getting stolen, as they don't have "holds" that people can hide away in.

You need to go on the Ekamai bus, but you can get off at On Nut for the skytrain. Not sure if you can get a bag there, if you have stowed it underneath. The skytrain is right by Ekamai.

DON'T take a taxi! It'll take several times longer than the skytrain, and cost a lot more.

Stowed luggage is O.K. on the buses from Pattaya North Bus Station to Bangkok. Thefts from luggage sometimes occurs on longer bus journeys from Sukhumvit-Nong-Kai for example, because some lads sleep in the hold with the luggage and steal sometimes. (Even from Thai's). This has been clamped down on in recent years but don't be surprised if you lose something valuable.

Yes it's from North Rd, though Jomptien has it's own station if you happen to be staying there.

Never heard of bags getting stolen, as they don't have "holds" that people can hide away in.

You need to go on the Ekamai bus, but you can get off at On Nut for the skytrain. Not sure if you can get a bag there, if you have stowed it underneath. The skytrain is right by Ekamai.

DON'T take a taxi! It'll take several times longer than the skytrain, and cost a lot more.

thanks for that, very helpful info...cheers all

To OP. This maybe not the info you're after and not sure where you're situated, but I left Pattaya for BKK last week on a modern air conditioned mini-van and it could'nt have been easier, safer or more comfortable. Only two passengers in the van, plenty room to sleep/lie down and took two big bags. Cost 97Bt. If you want to look, head for the end of the Beach road to the entrance of Walking Street and turn left, keep on the left hand side pavement.( alternatively , head for end of 2nd street and turn right). You should see a desk set out on the pavement with 3/4 mini-vans. They leave on the hour every hour, took about 1 hour 45 mins. Very good driver and both my bags sat next to me.

You will arrive in BKK, (An- nut-sawareechai) dirictly under sky train staion.

To OP. This maybe not the info you're after and not sure where you're situated, but I left Pattaya for BKK last week on a modern air conditioned mini-van and it could'nt have been easier, safer or more comfortable. Only two passengers in the van, plenty room to sleep/lie down and took two big bags. Cost 97Bt. If you want to look, head for the end of the Beach road to the entrance of Walking Street and turn left, keep on the left hand side pavement.( alternatively , head for end of 2nd street and turn right). You should see a desk set out on the pavement with 3/4 mini-vans. They leave on the hour every hour, took about 1 hour 45 mins. Very good driver and both my bags sat next to me.

You will arrive in BKK, (An- nut-sawareechai) dirictly under sky train staion.

For real?? this almost sounds too good to be true, so this is the along south pattaya road then, corner of second road? just on the right side?? is there a catch?? thanks for this, this would be a better option for me.....

I have no idea how long it's been there, but two days ago when I took a baht bus from the Pattaya Tai corner by the school to Jomtien, I noticed a sign almost directly across the street (i.e. on the beach side of the road) advertising van service to Bangkok, but there was no mention of the schedule. I'm surprised to hear it is hourly.

Yeah I checked the other day, its only 97 baht and it leaves every 2 hours, nice, thanks for the info, glad i found this service.

No worries, One more good point is that they leave on time regardless of how many people are in the van. I thought because there were only two people on board they would delay leaving and wait for more passengers.

Anyway, glad you found it.

Buses from the North Pattaya station are safe when it comes to your luggage. No reports of theft.

ive been robbed on one, my bag was missing from the luggage hold when i went to collect!

That wouldn't be anything to do with the bus service. That was a passenger who stole your bag most likely.

Even with the dodgy bus services, they are unlikely to be able to remove your bag. They would just have someone below rifling through them. These tend to be long bus rides, such as to Surat Thani(for Samui) and Chiang Mai.

I think it's not something endemic at the North Pattaya Aircon Bus Station.

thanks for that, do u know if Mohchit is the one closest to nana, sukumvit? where it has a sky train station, can't remember, cheers

Ekami is the one closer to NANA, but not that close. BTS at Ekami is 400 yards from the Ekami bus station, give or take. Mohchit is the northern end of Bangkok.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I checked the other day, its only 97 baht and it leaves every 2 hours, nice, thanks for the info, glad i found this service.

No worries, One more good point is that they leave on time regardless of how many people are in the van. I thought because there were only two people on board they would delay leaving and wait for more passengers.

Dear smallprawn,

Could you advise how I could take this minivan FROM Bkk to Pattaya? Whereabouts is the station in Bkk?

Tks

Buses from the North Pattaya station are safe when it comes to your luggage. No reports of theft.

ive been robbed on one, my bag was missing from the luggage hold when i went to collect!

What did you do about it? Did you complain to the baggage handler when you got off in Bangkok. Did you make a report to the police?

Considering the Bangkok bus only makes a few stops before the bangkok bus station, a baggage handler would remember who he handed out luggage early to!

Dear smallprawn,

Could you advise how I could take this minivan FROM Bkk to Pattaya? Whereabouts is the station in Bkk?

Tks

Bkkorupcountry, I'm affraid this may be as clear as mud as I hav'nt done the return journey. However, the mini-vans form Pattaya stop under the skytrain at An-Nut Sawareechai so I asume they depart from the same place. If you exit skytrain on the same side as shops (opposite side of the road you will see a white government building, I believe its a hospital) Anyway if you come down the steps from the skytrain you're pretty much there and should see a small side road with vendors sitting at tables selling tickets. There are two mini-van depots on this same side of the road abou 100 meters appart. They are both at foot of steps exiting skytrain and Sorry I dont know the name of the company but the one you want is the smaller of the two. Like I said there are only four or five ladies sitting at tables selling tickets. Sorry I cant be more specific but maybe other members here will be able to offer you more info.

Edited by smallprawn

Dear smallprawn,

Tks

Bkkorupcountry, I'm affraid this may be as clear as mud as I hav'nt done the return journey. However, the mini-vans form Pattaya stop under the skytrain at An-Nut Sawareechai so I asume they depart from the same place. If you exit skytrain on the same side as shops (opposite side of the road you will see a white government building, I believe its a hospital) Anyway if you come down the steps from the skytrain you're pretty much there and should see a small side road with vendors sitting at tables selling tickets. There are two mini-van depots on this same side of the road abou 100 meters appart. They are both at foot of steps exiting skytrain and Sorry I dont know the name of the company but the one you want is the smaller of the two. Like I said there are only four or five ladies sitting at tables selling tickets. Sorry I cant be more specific but maybe other members here will be able to offer you more info.

Does this service go to the airport

Dear smallprawn,

Tks

Haha - that's Thailand for you. Thanks anyway, I'll probably just take the bus from Ekkamai this time round. Cheers