Extrem Spicy Food

h90

Actually I grow up with very spicy indian food.

Now I stay in thailand, and of course I eat more spicy than the local people here. Only the people in the south eat more hot.

Now I found this southern curry paste and use it to cook. I make european food modified to extrem spicy. Till now I did not found someone beside myself who can eat that.

Once I eat 3 times the same food, I got some problems on the toilett, both my urin and my sh** made me a real bad feeling.

So I worried, if that makes my urin so spicy that it hurts, how is it for my inside, does it damage something??

Now I stay in thailand, and of course I eat more spicy than the local people here. Only the people in the south eat more hot.

Now I found this southern curry paste and use it to cook. I make european food modified to extrem spicy. Till now I did not found someone beside myself who can eat that.

Once I eat 3 times the same food, I got some problems on the toilett, both my urin and my sh** made me a real bad feeling.

So I worried, if that makes my urin so spicy that it hurts, how is it for my inside, does it damage something??

one time, i ate food, and friend dare me how much of chilli powder i can eat.

(basically i can eat less when compare with thai people, around 2 fresh chilli)

well i put 2 full tablespoon of chilli in my meal

aww..numb at lips and swallen ...Angelina Jolie can call me mummy

then i faint!!

Bambi :o

yes swallen lips, very red and sometimes this mucous surface from inside the mouth get damaged, but regeneration is very fast.

My mother told me, that when I started speaking, in restaurants I demand chilli (but could not speak it clear in German language). And some other guests told my mother that she is a very very bad mother giving her baby (maybe I was 3 or 4) chilli, but I wanted them.

But chilli spicy and curry spicy is different. These curries are first not spicy, but after a few minutes they get real hot. so it is already to late. And the spicy taste (pain) continue much longer than with chilli.

not sure why.

for my spicy, noone beat me till now. Just a 70 year old woman in Nakhon Si Thammart could do equal (we cried together).

But may it harm myself in the long range?

one time, i ate food, and friend dare me how much of chilli powder i can eat.

(basically i can eat less when compare with thai people, around 2 fresh chilli)

well i put 2 full tablespoon of chilli in my meal

aww..numb at lips and swallen ...Angelina Jolie can call me mummy

then i faint!!

Bambi :o

At work,I used to have this old Bangladeshi guy who ate far more chilli than all the other asian workers, so much so, that none of them would ever share his food.He used to give me food often which is probably why I manage unaltered Thai food now.

However,he became sick with serious stomach ailments and was told to cut out the chilli completely as that was seen as the cause.Months later I asked him how he was doing and was told he had finally got used to food with out chilli and was amazed at the huge range of favours all the food had,which he had mostly missed drowning everything in chilli.

I like chilli but never go crazy with it,and certainly find the level Isaan Thais put in Som tam unacceptable.One of my Thai friends can no longer eat it as he suffers from severe gastritus soon afterwards.A little is no problem. A lot may over the longer term give concerns.

hmm

will reduce it a bit, maybe :o

At work,I used to have this old Bangladeshi guy who ate far more chilli than all the other asian workers, so much so, that none of them would ever share his food.He used to give me food often which is probably why I manage unaltered Thai food now.

However,he became sick with serious stomach ailments and was told to cut out the chilli completely as that was seen as the cause.Months later I asked him how he was doing and was told he had finally got used to food with out chilli and was amazed at the huge range of favours all the food had,which he had mostly missed drowning everything in chilli.

I like chilli but never go crazy with it,and certainly find the level Isaan Thais put in Som tam unacceptable.One of my Thai friends can no longer eat it as he suffers from severe gastritus soon afterwards.A little is no problem. A lot may over the longer term give concerns.

I remember reading somewhere that there is quite a high incidence of Imflammatory Bowel Syndrome (IBS) in Thailand (amongst women).

Often wondered if it's the spicy Thai diet irritating the lining of the gut..

Chilli is in fact a powerful irrantant used in CS gas/Pepper sprays long term it can cause ulcers and IBS but everyone is different in te North East the diet of hot chillis is normally tempered with lots of veg salads and fresh fruit.

My mother was brought up with a Goanese (spelling ??) cook and so curries and chilli is essential to her.. Eats chilli seeds / powder on toast.. She says it thins the blood (I have a theory that may be why so many hot countries eat chilli a lot ??) and in the UK she is constantly cold even in spring Autumn..

I know my Issan raised sister would eat monstorously powerful dishes and considered it a pride / showoff thing.. She had bad stomach issues and Docs told her she had to cut the Chilli eating..

I eat hot food (more so indian spice) comparable to many Thais, Farang mates tend to cringe etc but I do keep it in moderation.. I cant believe if it hurts both ends that it can be doing much good in the middle.. If its any worse than the flavoring / coloring / chemical / steriod meats / incecticide veg / etc of processed western food I have no idea..

Trouble today is you never know what realy is in the food you buy.even when you do you are always being told this or that is not 'good' for you;only to be told my a different expert there is no problem.

I try to eat as mixed a diet as I can with not too much of any one thing except for staples like rice,pasta,bread and potatoes.Generally don't eat much red meat but certainly like most things on the spicy side.

I've always liked spicy food, despite being raised on mushy veggies and bland roasts- always adding my own dollops of horesradish mustard to compensate. In fact, living in Thailand has just increased my taste for HOT n spicy food.

Yesterday, ordered Kaprow Gai but incredibly, they had ran out of thai basil and chillies! Could barely eat it... maybe I've gone too far now to go back to bland... :o:D

Never felt a twinge in my tummy but of course there can be side effects on exit :D

Edited by bahtandsold

Yeah, sure I have a masterdegree in food-technologie.

And belive me, food production is a "dirty job", but not in matter of dirt in matter of tricks to squeeze every cent and compensate the loose of quality with some tricks so the customer does not notice it.

Trouble today is you never know what realy is in the food you buy.even when you do you are always being told this or that is not 'good' for you;only to be told my a different expert there is no problem.

I try to eat as mixed a diet as I can with not too much of any one thing except for staples like rice,pasta,bread and potatoes.Generally don't eat much red meat but certainly like most things on the spicy side.

Read last year when back in the UK that they'd cross bred a variety of chilli in Assam - NE India - that was, I think, 7 -10 times hotter than the already recognised hottest - a Mexican one. Heaven knows what that's like.

Chilies, capsicums etc are a very important source of vitamins, but I did hear once of a regular customer to an Indian restaurant who was eventually refused his usual "extremely hot Phall". Not good for his health the management said.

Maybe a traveller's tale, but I'm sure a bit of truth in it as well.

Can't be that bad if the active ingredient, capsicum, is approved for topical use in creams as a painkiller.

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/HerbsTake...+Pepper,00.html

Truthfully, i've lived off hot peppers and fish sauce about every day of my 30+ years of life and have had no related health problems and remain in excellent condition. Myths persist that too much of either is bad for your health but thus far no conclusive evidence has been offered to support this as fact. It's also myth that high pepper consumers as myself lose ability to taste other foods. I think it depends upon your physiology, chemistry, preference, exercise, and what you're used to eating that determine what effect spicy foods will have on you.

As the link above suggest, risks do apply who may be susceptable:

Individuals who are allergic to hot peppers, those with GI conditions, children, and women who are pregnant or breast-feeding should avoid taking supplemental amounts of capsicum by mouth. Individuals with allergies to latex or tropical fruits may also have capsicum allergy. After handling capsicum plants or applying topical forms of capsicum, the hands should be washed carefully and the eyes and face should not be touched. If a rash or intense pain occurs, topical capsicum should be stopped.

• 1 month later...