Customs And Ups Rip Off On Racepro Chip

rizla

High just been informed of the BAD news,

Customs along with UPS want a total of 3000baht (import and handling fees) from me for my arrived Race pro chip for the Pajero GT....(value 7000baht)

Needless to say i wasn`t to pleased with them on the phone, (kee gong) was my coment to them along with others...anyway i`ve moved up the ladder to the in house supervisor who is to email me back tomorrow,(UPS) but i suspect the same total..

Before you ask, yes i avoid the major delivery companys, like dhl, ups, fed ex etc....but race pro only use UPS....so what advice can you give me to reduce this charge? and what did you guys pay for the same item, as i see numerous guys have this chip?

kind regards..

I paid 10,7xx Baht for mine inc. delivery and 7% VAT (can't recall the xx baht bit!)

I presume, you didn`t get the stage 2 chip MRO as the price of that including post UPS is 9,862baht ++++++++Thailand UPS and customs import duties of 3,324baht=total of 13,186 baht...

I paid 10,7xx Baht for mine inc. delivery and 7% VAT (can't recall the xx baht bit!)

I presume, you didn`t get the stage 2 chip MRO as the price of that including post UPS is 9,862baht ++++++++Thailand UPS and customs import duties of 3,324baht=total of 13,186 baht...

Mine is the Pro version, the only tax levied on mine was 7% VAT (~700 Baht) - the exchange rates are a little better now though..

That's why I always send by express post and never use UPS FEDX etc. as for some strange reason it always costs about ten times more for the taxes and duties not to mention a storage fee!!! huh.gifThe local EMS is also faster as the goods are not locked down in BKK but are shipped through to the local customs office so you are not being extorted by phone by UPS but can simple go down and pick up the goods at your local post and customs office. jap.gif

I paid 600 baht for the first chip I ordered and 1,000 baht for an additional chip.

Customs just make it up.....

No they don't, they just don't always follow the exact percentage. It's often more but occasionally also less

Import tax is normal everywhere, you should not buy anything but books without first finding out the rate and counting on having to pay at least that.

OP, what is the legal % for the goods you ordered?

I paid 600 baht for the first chip I ordered and 1,000 baht for an additional chip.

No they don't, they just don't always follow the exact percentage. It's often more but occasionally also less

Import tax is normal everywhere, you should not buy anything but books without first finding out the rate and counting on having to pay at least that.

I agree.

Who are you paying the 3000 to? UPS or Thai Customs? If there is a rip-off anywhere it is at UPS. Who I suspect ate "licensed" tax collectors. I note you say import and handling fees. How much of your 3000 is import and how much is handling?

If you live in BKK and are really peeved, offer to collect your package from the UPS depot off Rama IV and ask for the customs receipt.

I agree.

Who are you paying the 3000 to? UPS or Thai Customs? If there is a rip-off anywhere it is at UPS. Who I suspect ate "licensed" tax collectors. I note you say import and handling fees. How much of your 3000 is import and how much is handling?

If you live in BKK and are really peeved, offer to collect your package from the UPS depot off Rama IV and ask for the customs receipt.

Here is the so called break down.....i got 214 baht off today after telling them a few home truths....wow...<deleted>

post-107651-098483700 1279193358_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

The last time I used DHL I bought a pair of shoes off Ebay and DHL charged me 125% of the declared value. I argued with them for two days and finally told them to return them,

I just bought a used diving watch off of Ebay and the only way the guy would send it was FEDEX. My question is if they charge me 125% should I argue with them? Do they have the flexibility of adjusting the price or will they just say to take it or refuse it?

Edited by parallaxtech

Your best bet is to put your wifes name. Or a thai name at least on the address. Not yours.

My sister sent some expensive sun glasses last month and I used my wifes name after being stung with the shoes like you a few years ago. My wife had to pay 50 baht for something.