Getting A Visa For Vietnam

Hi there.

If you are in BKK you can get one arranged from pretty much any travel agent for about $30-$35, if I remember correctly. I have done this a lot of times in the past.

Takes about 3 days or pay a bit more for 1 or 2 day turnaround.

My friend used to go to the embassy directly, but its the same price I think and you dont need to scoot around the city.

You cannot get one on arrival as I once tried to blag my way from Singapore to Danang without one, knowing fine well I couldnt, and was politely told where to go!!

hope this is of some assistance.

billy

Just had a look at me old VN Visas (few years ago now) and they were $20 a throw and used to get them from the Embassy opposite the Uncle Sams place.

Things have probably changed a bit since but was important to tell them where you were entering/leaving the country from and in my case mostly Noi bai (Hanoi)but got the guy to include Tan Son Nhat (Ho C.M)just in case....they could refude entry etc...

Went overland from PP a couple of times but that was unofficial... :)

Eventually got a one year work permit /visa and no probs after that ...nice place :rolleyes:

There is not a cheap easy way. There's the cheap way via the Embassy (I don't believe the price is the same from agents - that means they do something for nothing in Thailand?!! :shock1: ). Or there's the easy way on line, on line and pick it up on entry. If you say you are entering by air they send a copy of the letter to all three international airports but it is best to get it right. If you go the on line was print out two copies of the letter as sometimes they want to retain a copy at check in.

I think the costs for a one month single entry is currently $25 (my current three month obtained in country cost $50).

I've just discovered the on-line process and i'll use it in the future.

In the past I've done the two visits to the Vietnam Embasy on Wireless Road (lodge and pick-up), the staff have always been polite and helpful.