Best Airline Uk Traveller

thaibound2

hello everbody,

first of all thanks for reading.

im travelling fromt the uk in around 3 weeks which is very long flight.....and am just about to book a ticket? but before i do so, i wanted to get some guidance in terms of which airline is the best interms of inflight movies,seat space (im very tall)and meals food quality? if any one has any relevent info on good deals and good airlines then please feel free to comment.

thanks again thaibound2 (james)

:lol:

EVA has a lot of good comments on this forum. Personally, for me, if I could afford it I would be traveling Singapore airlines business class in preference to any other. Not the cheapest, but as I say IF I had the money...it would be Singapore business class.

Just my preference.

:P

In my experience Eva are a good airline with a good reputation. They have a mid-class called Evergreen (I think).

Business class seating, economy class service, and the price of an economy ticket + a bit.

If you want to break up the journey - Emirates are good too.

I would say any carrier with the exception of Thai, though they fly direct you specifically mentioned in-flight entertainment and Thai don't have seat back tv's, so you cannot while away the time watching a movie of your choice.

I agree that Singapore takes some beating, or even Virgin via Hong Kong, though that adds to your journey time. If you are happy to go via the Gulf then Qatar, Emirates and Etihad are good bets. Eva are a pretty good direct carrier, especially in their premium economy class.

So it really boils down to your class of travel and whether you want to fly direct.

I was previously pleasantly surprised by the service and food quality of Jet Airways (that was almost 2 years ago now and the change-over in Mumbai with their half dozen security checks isn't for the choleric or impatient) and more recently (April this year) Sri Lanka Airways.  Colombo is quite a small airport but despite that there were places open serving food and drink even throughout the night and offering free wifi as well which helped while away the time whilst waiting for the connection flight.

Good value for money as far as 'cattle class' goes.  ;)

managed to geta good deal direct with quatar.......... london to heathrow so well chuffed... i heared the inflight entertainment was good which i like??? jus going to keep my fingers crossed i get extra leg room bulk head seats............

cheers for your your replys

how have you guys found quatar on value for money as the flight seems very reasonable for a 5 star airline

james

managed to geta good deal direct with quatar.......... london to heathrow so well chuffed... i heared the inflight entertainment was good which i like??? jus going to keep my fingers crossed i get extra leg room bulk head seats............

cheers for your your replys

how have you guys found quatar on value for money as the flight seems very reasonable for a 5 star airline

james

What do you call "reasonable" and how long is your Middle East stop?

The stop is for 1hr on the way there and 1 hr on the way back! and i got the flight inc taxes all for £530.oo which is pretty good i spent all day on th net checking airlines and that fee is pretty much the same as some lesser airlines direct flights............. but all in all i really dont mind an hours stop to stretch and feed etc.

Regarding 'extra legroom bulkhead seats' be careful because some bulkhead seats in the middle rows actually have less than normal leg room. A seat adjacent to a door is what you want. On the OP question I would say EVA, even in economy. For me the direct flight is a big plus over the Arab flights. For indirect flights people are saying good things about Kingfisher, which I've never tried. I flew Thai in April (so so) and am trying Finnair tomorrow (just on price). The difference in price between special offers and regular fares can be huge, so I don't think that can be left out of the equation.

Edited by citizen33

The stop is for 1hr on the way there and 1 hr on the way back! and i got the flight inc taxes all for £530.oo which is pretty good i spent all day on th net checking airlines and that fee is pretty much the same as some lesser airlines direct flights............. but all in all i really dont mind an hours stop to stretch and feed etc.

Modern planes with seat back TV's (they work!), good food, pleasant service. The thing to avoid flying economy with them is a long stopover in Doha which you've managed so looks like a great deal.

Regarding 'extra legroom bulkhead seats' be careful because some bulkhead seats in the middle rows actually have less than normal leg room. A seat adjacent to a door is what you want. On the OP question I would say EVA, even in economy. For me the direct flight is a big plus over the Arab flights. For indirect flights people are saying good things about Kingfisher, which I've never tried. I flew Thai in April (so so) and am trying Finnair tomorrow (just on price). The difference in price between special offers and regular fares can be huge, so I don't think that can be left out of the equation.

I hope for your sake Finnair has improved out of all recognition to when I last flew on it so post back your experiences. I know they are flying some new Airbuses now so that's a plus. However from what I hear the inflight service still leaves a lot to be desired. I'm flying Kingfisher next week so that will be interesting.

We're flying Finnair in a few weeks time so I'm also interested to know how your flight goes.

Have not flown them all, but I've been to the UK and the USA on Eva and was very impressed. Those 777-300's they fly are reasonably comfortable even in economy, and their flight crews are great.