Strange Sight On Walking Street

thaibeachlovers

I've seen a strange character on Walking Street recently. Sort of Scottish kilt affair made from what looks like beads. Wears a wooden mask and all dark colour, sort of brownish green. Anyone know what he's supposed to be?

Personally, I'd rather have Glitterman, at least he's cheerfull!

I forgot to mention it but this post has prompted me.

A few days ago in the Soi between 2nd Rd and Soi Baokow (Soi Honey Inn I think) I saw the expat walking about with the parrot on his shoulder.

It's a very impressive bird with lovely blue plumage, and bigger than I expected.

The parrot does appear to crap down the guys shirt though, which is a bit of a downer.

And I definitely prefer LJS to The Glitter Man.

Londo

Edited by londoedan

I forgot to mention it but this post has prompted me.

A few days ago in the Soi between 2nd Rd and Soi Baokow (Soi Honey Inn I think) I saw the expat walking about with the parrot on his shoulder.

It's a very impressive bird with lovely blue plumage, and bigger than I expected.

The parrot does appear to crap down the guys shirt though, which is a bit of a downer.

And I definitely prefer LJS to The Glitter Man.

Londo

Seen the guy riding around on a motor cycle with the parrot perched on his shoulder

I managed to have to "pleasure" of sitting next to "the bird man" for lunch the other day. Was all OK until the bird started sharing his food straight from the plate and spitting pie all over the place. Had to leave at that point.

Anyway Bird and bloke seemed happy enough so live and let live I guess.

Regards the character in the OP (and not Guano Man...), is this 'tribal' chap the same one that used to wander about a few years back claiming he was the spirit of a long-dead zulu king and was just waiting for his final transformation where he would be restored to his rightful place? I saw him having a Coke during happy-hour at the kiosk bar out the front of Mike's mall. Could be quite a convincing happenstance had he not been a gangly white bloke with a Yorkshire accent.

Pattaya must be a boring place to wait for your 'resurrection' eh?

I think he's a street performer. Definitely Thai, and he stands stock still near the big tree on Walking Street, looking like a statue (a bit like that woman who dressed up as a doll outside the old Oceans 11 disco). Mind you, I've not seen anyone give him any money...

Regards the character in the OP (and not Guano Man...), is this 'tribal' chap the same one that used to wander about a few years back claiming he was the spirit of a long-dead zulu king and was just waiting for his final transformation where he would be restored to his rightful place? I saw him having a Coke during happy-hour at the kiosk bar out the front of Mike's mall. Could be quite a convincing happenstance had he not been a gangly white bloke with a Yorkshire accent.

Pattaya must be a boring place to wait for your 'resurrection' eh?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/149528-has-anyone-seen-a-fella-dressed/page__hl__pattaya+zulu

I managed to have to "pleasure" of sitting next to "the bird man" for lunch the other day. Was all OK until the bird started sharing his food straight from the plate and spitting pie all over the place. Had to leave at that point.

Anyway Bird and bloke seemed happy enough so live and let live I guess.

He was at Preecha's the other night. Same thing. A mess and we couldn't wait to get out. Dang thing screamed the whole time. Can't believe they let something like that into a restaurant.