New Non Imm B Visa Required

I got a 12 month mulitiple entry non imm B visa from the Thai consulate in Hull last year and all I had to produce was my work permit. Business being poor this year, I am hoping to save money and get a new 12 month multiple entry B visa here in SEA. I live in Chiang Mai. Does anyone know what my options are?

BTW we are not a limited company, We have a restaurant which is my wifes private concern and I have a new 2 year work permit as one of her employees.

Thanks for any advice!

• Like 1

Kuala Lumpur is reported to issue multiple-entry Non "B" visa on the basis of having a new work permit plus company documents. Have you considered an extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai?

If he has a work permit, why woud he even need to have to leave the country? My recommendation is to go to the immigration office and get an extension of stay a multiple-entry re-entry permit. This can be done in Chiang Mai.

Kuala Lumpur is reported to issue multiple-entry Non "B" visa on the basis of having a new work permit plus company documents. Have you considered an extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai?

If he has a work permit, why woud he even need to have to leave the country? My recommendation is to go to the immigration office and get an extension of stay a multiple-entry re-entry permit. This can be done in Chiang Mai.

Are you sure this can be done in Thailand if we are not a limited company?

Thanks for the replies so far. what about Vientiane? We could drive there in 12 hours. Doesn anyone have any experience of getting a12 month non imm B there?

As I explained in my original post. We are not a company. this is my wifes private business. Does anyone have any experience of getting a visa on this basis anywhere in SEA?

Mario mentions Perth. I know I can get a non imm b on the basis of my work permit in UK or Oz. My question was: Does anyone have experience of getting such a visa in SEA? I am trying to avoid the expense of going to UKor Oz.

As I explained in my original post. We are not a company. this is my wifes private business. Does anyone have any experience of getting a visa on this basis anywhere in SEA?

Then how did you get a work permit? Are you saying that the business does not have a separate taxpayer identification number and other official documents.

As someone said why not get a twelve month extension from Immigration based on having a Thai Wife.

(Assuming she is Thai)1,900 Baht.

Indeed, any foreigner living in Thailand with a Thai spouse can get annual extensions of stay for that reason. It does not matter whether or not the foreigner has a work permit. A work permit does not mean that an extension for the reason of employment it the only extension option available to him. In fact, many foreign employees consider the marriage extension to give certain advantages.

Then how did you get a work permit? Are you saying that the business does not have a separate taxpayer identification number and other official documents.

That's right IO: no official docs, just a wife who had a baby about the same time as the lady at the labour office!!

As someone said why not get a twelve month extension from Immigration based on having a Thai Wife.

Indeed, any foreigner living in Thailand with a Thai spouse can get annual extensions of stay for that reason. It does not matter whether or not the foreigner has a work permit. A work permit does not mean that an extension for the reason of employment it the only extension option available to him. In fact, many foreign employees consider the marriage extension to give certain advantages.

If i got a 12 month Non Imm O extension on a basis of marriage woulld I a) have to declare any income and would it invalidate my work Permit?

Thanks for all your help so far guys, you've all given me a few things to think about!!

If i got a 12 month Non Imm O extension on a basis of marriage woulld I a) have to declare any income...

You would have the choice between

a. 400k Baht in the Bank for at least three months before application for annual extension of stay; or

b. 40k per month annual income

Paragraph 2.18 of Police Order 777/2551, clauses (1)-(3) and (6)

... would it invalidate my work Permit?...

No. Definitely not.

Marriage Extension financial requirements from the document Maestro mentioned.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto;

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

I currently have a working Visa Non Im B as a teacher. I earn Thb 41,000 and have beeb married to my Thai Teacher wife for 12 months. She earns Thb 42,000. Does anyone know if i can turn my Non Im B working visa into a spouse visa and stop all this 90 day revolving door policy? Regards John.

I've discovered that getting a non imm O would invalidate my work permit. So it looks like a drive to Vientiane for a 3 month B visa and hope business picks up enough to get down to Perth in November!!

Thanks for all the advice guys!

A non-O doesn't invalidate your work permit.

You only will have problems if you get an extension of stay based on retirement. But an extension of stay based on having a Thai wife is no problem for getting or renewing a work permit.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have a working Visa Non Im B as a teacher. I earn Thb 41,000 and have beeb married to my Thai Teacher wife for 12 months. She earns Thb 42,000. Does anyone know if i can turn my Non Im B working visa into a spouse visa and stop all this 90 day revolving door policy? Regards John.

I am not sure a spouse visa (non-O) exempts you from reporting every 90 days. In fact, all non-imm visas require you to, as far as I know. I will be happy to be proven wrong.

Anyway, for applying for a work permit you need a non-imm visa, and it is not specified that it needs to be a non-B visa. So the non-O should be fine.

Right, but without a work permit you cannot work.

I am not sure a spouse visa (non-O) exempts you from reporting every 90 days. In fact, all non-imm visas require you to, as far as I know. I will be happy to be proven wrong.

Wrong. A non immigrant O visa only allows a 90 day stay and no report is required until you stay longer than 90 days. Only when you extend your stay on a yearly basis and remain in country more than 90 days does the report become a requirement.

If i got a 12 month Non Imm O extension on a basis of marriage woulld I a) have to declare any income and would it invalidate my work Permit?

Thanks for all your help so far guys, you've all given me a few things to think about!!

One more observation here: Declaring income and paying taxes is necessary to extend your work permit. So, declaring income will not invalidate the work permit - I know, I declare income and pay taxes all the time.

Not paying taxes will help you stay in Thailand (albeit behind bars).