Internet Providers

Hello everyone,

I need WI-FI internet service at home. At the moment I am renting the place and there is no landline. I am wondering if there is possiblity on the island to have WI-FI internet without telephone line??

Anyone had some experiance regarding this issue?

Thanks,

Nadica

CAT's CDMA 3g modem works well for me. (USB, I've used in a few areas of Thailand, so make it handy when traveling)

Cost is around 6000 -7000 baht. (Maybe lower now) A friend just brought a 1 g modem for I think around 3000 baht. If I remember correctly it's 850 month, unlimited time..

Their office is Nanthon, near the pier (look for the Microwave tower) and is located above the Post Office. They should be able to tell you if your location is covered...

I think not open Saturday or Sunday.

What is 1 g modem?

Not sure, but that is what he called it.... My guess is not as powerful or as fast as what I use... which I find very acceptable.

There seems to be various options out there, so I as Rooo suggests check out Blue Chip too....

Cheesh! HOW many millions of farangs are there in Thailand? These companies could immediately increase profits by 25% by sending out flyers, making websites and recording their messages IN ENGLISH ALSO. Just called 1530 and got a recorded message in Thai.

R

Your best bet is 3G with an air card if you are in a service area. Most of BKK, Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Phuket, and Hua Hin are covered. You will be paying about 30 to 50 satang per Megabyte of data transfered, both up and down.

BBB are offering 5MB for 590bt no telephone line required call 1530 to enquire

Stay clear of these lot. Terrible connections....down pretty much everyday. There are better alternatives.

ah this old message again and again, 3BB is the best provider after cat in koh samui, uptime is more than 99%, bandwith is very good for the price.

if it's down for you very often, check your line noisemargin and attenuation, you have a technical problem nothing related to the ISP ability to give you internet.

oh and there's no adsl without phone line, the advertisement says mai tong chai boe thorasat, wich means there"s no need to pay for a phone number.

Stay clear of these lot. Terrible connections....down pretty much everyday. There are better alternatives.

ah this old message again and again, 3BB is the best provider after cat in koh samui, uptime is more than 99%, bandwith is very good for the price.

if it's down for you very often, check your line noisemargin and attenuation, you have a technical problem nothing related to the ISP ability to give you internet.

oh and there's no adsl without phone line, the advertisement says mai tong chai boe thorasat, wich means there"s no need to pay for a phone number.

Totally agree no problems with BBB

Its all gobbledegook to me.....ok I got a dongle for about 2k Baht gives me so many hours a month for six months(can't remember how many but with GSM)......is this any good?...btw the connection is about average...that is to say poor.

What's the best alternative Einsteins?

Your best bet is 3G with an air card if you are in a service area. Most of BKK, Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Phuket, and Hua Hin are covered. You will be paying about 30 to 50 satang per Megabyte of data transfered, both up and down.

Welcome to Samui...no 3G until next year....:angry:

You can also talk to one of our sponsors, Bluechip.

Agreed

Matt from Bluechip (see sponsored link) is a legend. 5MB download, great customer service. Matt will do whatever possible to get his customers a fast and reliable wireless connection.

All the best

Bridge

You can also talk to one of our sponsors, Bluechip.

Agreed

Matt from Bluechip (see sponsored link) is a legend. 5MB download, great customer service. Matt will do whatever possible to get his customers a fast and reliable wireless connection.

All the best

Bridge

Why didn't I speak to Matt....oh now I remember I did.....:o

Not looking forward to Matt's response....:ph34r:

What is 1 g modem?

Not sure, but that is what he called it.... My guess is not as powerful or as fast as what I use... which I find very acceptable.

There seems to be various options out there, so I as Rooo suggests check out Blue Chip too....

Whoops..... ah! perhaps I meant to say 3 MB, not 3 g or I G..... :o

Getting old,!!!! memory fades with this techie stuff.... ask me some thing about gardening! :lol: (but not here!)