Where Can You Change The Name On The Title(Green Book)

how241

I want to buy a motorbike from a t/g. Where , in Pattaya, can you go to change the name on the Green book (title) ? As a farang, what is involved as far as costs and required paperwork? Will the change be immediately effective or will they have to mail something to me ? Thanks

Go to Immigration, Soi 5 Jomtien. Get a letter for proof of address to buy a motorbike. Then go to the vehicle driving/tax office on Highway 36 (Next to the Regents School) with the letter and green book.

If you haven't got a motorcycle driving licence you can apply for one there aw well. Remember to take your passport and another letter from immigration to confirm address etc.

That is the short versin, others can fill in the gaps.

Go to Immigration, Soi 5 Jomtien. Get a letter for proof of address to buy a motorbike. Then go to the vehicle driving/tax office on Highway 36 (Next to the Regents School) with the letter and green book.

If you haven't got a motorcycle driving licence you can apply for one there aw well. Remember to take your passport and another letter from immigration to confirm address etc.

good advise, but if you do not want to watch your life ebb away at the DVO then get an agent to do it for you

there's one after Boontavorn DIY on sukhumvit road going towards Bangkok

you will see a sign outside with a picture of a big cog on it

for a small fee, they will take care of everything in a 3 days

Or visit one of Pattaya's many motorbike shops with a copy of your passport, a prove of addres/work permit and the green book.

Take care that the former owner is on hand, because he/she has to sign some forms too.

The cost of the transfer os owner is approx. THB 800 (at a motorbike shop).

good advise, but if you do not want to watch your life ebb away at the DVO then get an agent to do it for you

There is a lot of shops around Pattaya with a blue sign with a yellow cog in the middle, any of them will do it. These are authourised vehicle inspection agents.

There is a lot of shops around Pattaya with a blue sign with a yellow cog in the middle, any of them will do it. These are authourised vehicle inspection agents.

i agree but this chinese/ thai family run business speaks good english and i have found them to be very professional and very helpful

i sold a car to a guy from Chang Mai after advertising it on TV and we visited that office together and asked them how best to proceed.

they inspected the car for the buyer and confirmed it was as claimed in the log book, they oversaw the transfer paperwork and witnessed the signing, provided an explanation of what was going on, witnessed the transaction and the secure exchange of the money between buyer and seller

then they rang an agent in Chang Mai that was local to the buyer, advised them what was happening in Pattaya to help him complete the transfer locally when he got back there

total cost 500baht, with tip

it gave the buyer confidence to have a government appointed agent oversee the transfer when he was in a strange town dealing with a stranger

without their help the deal would have been a lot more complicated

i use them all the time for taxing cars, motorbikes whatever

i would not dream of using anyone else