I Dont Fancy My German Neibours Chances

FarangCravings

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three wise monkeys

Let it go, life is too short. Last thing we need here in Thailand is an escalation of the farang tendency to follow 'an eye for an eye'.

I did actually intend on letting it go but while I was out yesterday evening it kicked off again and this time he called my wife a whore, among other things he speaks fluent thai so was using some very nasty thai phrases to which I wont go into here but lets just say it was real nasty talk reffering to certain parts of a womans anatomy

She called me and told me what he said and broken leg or not action needed to be taken as it seems he did not know she has a husband like I said I keep myself to myself at home. well he knows now :whistling:

So I headed home and gotta admit I was pretty raging mad at what he said to the missus this time and he is an obvious Bully to the women in the soi so got home and pulled up outside his house, did I mention I was angry, so I saw his lights go out in the house and I yelled for him to come outside, he did not come out and I don't blame him with a crazed 250 pound Neanderthol, shouting at him, My behaviour was nothing to be proud of in fact it was quite shameful but enough is enough I don't like Bullys.

Anyway the whole soi came out, but he did not, typical of a bully

I eventually went home but the cops showed up shortly thereafter, now we live in a little quiet soi and there were 3 cop cars and 6 cops which I thought was a lot but turns out he had called them that some crazy guy was trying to kill him which is why they sent 3 cars.

Anyway I went out and saw this guy for the first time and I did not care the cops were there I told him in a very clear manner what I was going to do to him if he insulted my missus again which he admitted to saying, lucky for him the cops were there because I was raging mad

The cops knew him as they have been called for problems with him before apparently.

Nothing happened with the cops they said if anyone want to press charges they have to go the station.

My behaviour was admittingly very bad and I would of preffered not to of got involved but his behavoiur was not acceptable and it would of just continued had I not taken action.

I have been living in this house peacefully for 2 years and never even knew he was 2 doors down and had never seen him, Hopefully he now knows his neibour is a Psycho and its best to keep his mouth shut and he will never have to see me again.

You're obviously not a psycho or you wouldn't think your behaviour was in any way wrong. He's clearly a bully , cowardice goes hand in hand with bullying, that's why he only abuses people he considers to be weaker than him and hides from you and calls the police.

I know it's not a good feeling when anger gets hold of you but I think you reacted in a way we can all relate to. Hopefully he will keep his foul mouth closed in the future. I mean really, what a complete wanke_r!

Three wise monkeys

Let it go, life is too short. Last thing we need here in Thailand is an escalation of the farang tendency to follow 'an eye for an eye'.

I did actually intend on letting it go but while I was out yesterday evening it kicked off again and this time he called my wife a whore, among other things he speaks fluent thai so was using some very nasty thai phrases to which I wont go into here but lets just say it was real nasty talk reffering to certain parts of a womans anatomy

She called me and told me what he said and broken leg or not action needed to be taken as it seems he did not know she has a husband like I said I keep myself to myself at home. well he knows now :whistling:

So I headed home and gotta admit I was pretty raging mad at what he said to the missus this time and he is an obvious Bully to the women in the soi so got home and pulled up outside his house, did I mention I was angry, so I saw his lights go out in the house and I yelled for him to come outside, he did not come out and I don't blame him with a crazed 250 pound Neanderthol, shouting at him, My behaviour was nothing to be proud of in fact it was quite shameful but enough is enough I don't like Bullys.

I eventually went home but the cops showed up shortly thereafter, now we live in a little quiet soi and there were 3 cop cars and 6 cops which I thought was a lot but turns out he had called them that some crazy guy was trying to kill him which is why they sent 3 cars.

Anyway I went out and saw this guy for the first time and I did not care the cops were there I told him in a very clear manner what I was going to do to him if he insulted my missus again which he admitted to saying, lucky for him the cops were there because I was raging mad

The cops knew him as they have been called for problems with him before apparently.

Nothing happened with the cops they said if anyone want to press charges they have to go the station.

My behaviour was admittingly very bad and I would of preffered not to of got involved but his behavoiur was not acceptable and it would of just continued had I not taken action.

I have been living in this house peacefully for 2 years and never even knew he was 2 doors down and had never seen him, Hopefully he now knows his neibour is a Psycho and its best to keep his mouth shut and he will never have to see me again.

Good on you! I think my wife would have run him over (or shot him) if he called her a whore or some such - does not take insults well my Mrs. She's funny atually when she gets really angry she swears and tirades in English (she's fluent); I think subconsiously she thinkis English is either more aggressive or more exlicit - or maybe just has better swear words - this is OK, its the things she throws and tries to whack people with that's the danger!

Good on you! I think my wife would have run him over (or shot him) if he called her a whore or some such - does not take insults well my Mrs. She's funny atually when she gets really angry she swears and tirades in English (she's fluent); I think subconsiously she thinkis English is either more aggressive or more exlicit - or maybe just has better swear words - this is OK, its the things she throws and tries to whack people with that's the danger!

Mine's very similar actually :lol: she mixes Thai and English expletives so that it feels like a machine gun! And i swear there's a red burning fire behind her eyes! It's a sight to behold, and I have been known to make it worse by laughing :)

The real trouble starts when she just goes quiet, the kids, the dogs and the cat all vanish...... time to run, and hide, and when you think you've finished hiding and have hidden in the best way you've ever hidden in your whole life and no-one could possibly ever ever find you?...... hide some more!

Three wise monkeys

Well done, you crushed the cowardly creep down.

I think you are a nice guy and a big softy at heart until you are pushed too far. You done the right thing, your behaviour was not in the least very bad.

I would be proud to have a friend or neighbor like you.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Wow this sounds like a really bad guy! I am shocked to hear how he insulted your wife.

There are some really bad farangs here, that's for sure. There is a farang guy in my moobaan that goes walking very fast - just short of jogging every morning. He carries with him a big stick (understandable), but one day I was outside and he came trotting by and my neighbors dog ran out of her house and barked at him - no bite attempted. She ran out immediately and grabbed the dog but the guy said to her in a very mean tone of voice "Next time I will kill the dog, do you understand? Next time I kill him". I was shocked at how much hate he had in the tone of his voice.

Nationality bashing has been removed

discussion of moderation has been removed.

While its certainly ok to talk about your bad experience with one person it is not then acceptable to tar an entire nationality, race or gender with the same brush.

remember to mind your manners and keep it civil.

And remember one important thing. Jerks can be any nationality as gets proven time and time again.

They breed well in Australia :whistling:

Nationality bashing has been removed

discussion of moderation has been removed.

While its certainly ok to talk about your bad experience with one person it is not then acceptable to tar an entire nationality, race or gender with the same brush.

remember to mind your manners and keep it civil.

And remember one important thing. Jerks can be any nationality as gets proven time and time again.

They breed well in Australia :whistling:

That's a rather intelligent statement, Nignoy. Congratulations on making it to the top of the class. :jerk:

of course there is also the alternative to being confrontational,like going over with a couple bottles of beer and trying to sort things out through conversation , maybe your neighbor has a bad week himself ,no to excuse his behavior, but shit happens .

I was wondering too about the level of violence being put forward as the way to deal with this situation. Especially in a buddhist country. How come so many folk here think this is the favored way of dealing with this man? Just what will it achieve?

Fighting verbal violence with physical violence just perpetuates the chain of negative karma.

of course there is also the alternative to being confrontational,like going over with a couple bottles of beer and trying to sort things out through conversation , maybe your neighbor has a bad week himself ,no to excuse his behavior, but shit happens .

A man says to you, I`ve had a bad week and tell that whore of a wife of yours to f off out of my way. You say; that`s Ok, shit happens, I understand; what are you having, a beer or a scotch? Not very realistic, is it?

I have bad weeks, bad years even, a bad lifetime in fact, but don`t go around calling other peoples wife`s whores and I`m sure you wouldn`t either. The creep was fortunate that he was dealing with a gentleman and a scholar like farangcravings. All considering farangcravings handled this very well. Perhaps next time he will spout his mouth off once too often to the wrong sort and end up with a knife stuck in his back or shot.

Edited by Beetlejuice

FWIW, a few months ago I met a German gentlemen who volunteers with the local tourist police who is a pretty decent guy. You might try asking the tourist police to have their German volunteer go over and have a talk with your neighbor if issues arise again.

If some arrogant watch out when I`m about told my girlfriend or any of my family to f off, I would first approach him and ask if he actually said it. If he did and refused to apologise to my girlfriend, I would simple smack him in the face or at least threaten to smack him down.

Sounds extreme but if you do not take action at the time, then these creeps will consider you a push over and do the same thing over and over again spoiling the enjoyment of living in your neighborhood and causing distress to your family.

The man in question sounds like a jerk. Their are many jerks all over the world.

To assault some one because he said f u makes you an even bigger jerk! Your anger does not give you the right to physically harm some one. It is best to ignore jerks.

Send in the army.Seriously you can report this type of incident to the Tourist Police in your case or City Police if your wife wants to lodge a complaint so if this type of incident happens again they may take some form of action against the offender. Do not put up with sort of crap

It is so sad when one person tries to spoil the lives of everyone in the neighbourhood through his bad attitude and bad mouth. He is no doubt a bully by nature and a little visit from the Tourist Police should nip this in the bud. You might like to ask your good lady to check who else he has bad mouthed in the street, just to strengthen the case - chok-dee khap.:jap:

There are subtle way's of teasing one into fit's of outrage, with a smile on their face - Thaiway's.... very subtle... everyone point s at the wrong culprit!

take good care, it takes much more then pointing fingers!

FWIW, a few months ago I met a German gentlemen who volunteers with the local tourist police who is a pretty decent guy. You might try asking the tourist police to have their German volunteer go over and have a talk with your neighbor if issues arise again.

Because people typically respond well to a foreigner in a police uniform coming to have a word? ;)

Now that you mention it, that's actually a good idea, as it may set him off enough to really cause something worth following up on by actual police. Kind of a win-win it seems.

• Like 1

A man says to you, I`ve had a bad week and tell that whore of a wife of yours to f off out of my way. You say; that`s Ok, shit happens, I understand; what are you having, a beer or a scotch? Not very realistic, is it?

I have bad weeks, bad years even, a bad lifetime in fact, but don`t go around calling other peoples wife`s whores and I`m sure you wouldn`t either. The creep was fortunate that he was dealing with a gentleman and a scholar like farangcravings. All considering farangcravings handled this very well. Perhaps next time he will spout his mouth off once too often to the wrong sort and end up with a knife stuck in his back or shot.

if you read my post then please note that nowhere did i say it was ok.

how would i defend somebody i don't know .

of course it is not ok to call your wife a slut and of course you need to protect her.

i merely tried to point out possible arbitration rather then escalation.

i am an american citizen.we are fighting two major wars presently(not to mention some smaller engagements )

if the guy was my neighbor i would have probably blown a fuse myself.

i was just hoping others could do better.

Way too much anger and hatered on this thread.

I think we farrangs need to behave as if we would in our own countires in the west. Certainly between farrang and farrang.

Ask yourself, would you have behaved, and got away with your behaviour back home?

There's a lot we can learn from the Thai's, but there's a lot that they can learn from us.

Now in our lotus possition. Ohm.

I think we farrangs need to behave as if we would in our own countires in the west. Certainly between farrang and farrang.

Ask yourself, would you have behaved, and got away with your behaviour back home?

There's a lot we can learn from the Thai's, but there's a lot that they can learn from us.

Not quite sure if I'm following what you are saying but if my neighbour called my wife a slut in my home country, I would hit the tosser, not sure if I would get away with it though :ermm: .

Sometimes you have got to stand up and be a man in these situations.

Not quite sure if I'm following what you are saying but if my neighbour called my wife a slut in my home country, I would hit the tosser, not sure if I would get away with it though :ermm: .

No you wouldn't get away with it.

The fact is a lot of farrangs believe, rightly or wrongly, that by bribeing Thai's we can get away with so many things that we couldn't back home. This allows farrangs a sense of misplaced and dangerous freedom.

The fact is a lot of farrangs believe, rightly or wrongly, that by bribeing Thai's we can get away with so many things that we couldn't back home. This allows farrangs a sense of misplaced and dangerous freedom.

I was talking about getting away with it in my home country not in Thailand. I'd go about things in a different way over here, more guile would be needed ;)

Edited by anonymouse

II was talking about getting away with it in my home country not in Thailand. I'd go about things in a different way over here more guile would be needed ;)

So was I.

In your own country you would definitely NOT get away with it. You would be done for assult. At the very least. Thailand however, it would depend on how much money you gave away, and to whom.

You can get away with most petty crimes. And some serious ones too.

This gives farrangs an air of invincability. Hence the bad behaviour by some.

Personally I would congratulate him on being a great judge of character, but then again, I have only been married to my wife for two weeks.

Kaek of course is an Indian... I think it means 'visitor'.

as for farang...

What is a Farang?

PT-AN675_BK_ART_DV_20100129171555.jpg

farang

Subject: Re: farang kee nok

>I wonder if "farang" and "afrangui" derive from the same or similar

>source or is it just a coincidence?

Indeed, the term farang is a short derivative of Francais (sp?) which

probably would have been the first group who had come to contact with

Thai people. Since other westerners look alike this group, they would

have been included in the same category. Intestingly, my Laotian friends

have reserved the term (farang) for French people as well as the country

of France. They use the term America to mean both the people and the

country of the United States of America. Thais, too, use the the same

term as their Laotian cousins when they refer to the people and the

country of the US. We, however, use the term fa'rang'sed' to mean

French people and Pra'thed"fa'rang'sed' when we mean the country of

France.

The term farang, no matter one likes it or not, is being used to mean

westerners (with typically blond hair and/or blue eyes). Those who have

sharp facial features but with dark hair and eyes are often called

khAAg'. Other Far Eastern Asians are called by their natinality, e.g.

Yii"pun', jiin-, kaw-lii+. We also use specific term for people in the

S.E. Asian countries which, like with those of other countries, normally

prefixed by the term khon, e.g. laaw, ka'meen+, viat"naam- (or kAAw),

maa-lee-sia-, in-doo-(Idonesian), pha"maa", in-dia-. Some of the words

could sound negative, depending on the context in which they are used.

Regards,

Samart.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

French may not be the First farang to come to Siam (the Portugese

was believed to be the first). But French influence on Thai is

probably the most. Thailand is probably the first Asian country

to sent diplomats to France (during King Narai's reign in 16th

century, or during Louise the 14th). We could have picked up the

word 'frang' during this visit. Moreover, we called English as the

French call them, Ungrid (Angglaise in French).

BTW, we also call China the same as the French, Jean (Chine in French).

Bread is Pung (Le Pang, in French).

Note: French people is 'Frang', French language is "Farangset"

Another scenario is that: French people came to siam and finger

pointing at their chests and said "Frang, Frang" (I am French, I'm French).

As in the case of Yon Karafat, Thai were quick to insert 'a' to

make it easier to pronounce since Thai language has no 'fr' sound.

The word farang stick because it's also the same as the native popular

fruit in the land. There we go again!

Edited by whiterussian