Favourite Cartoons As A Child?

fw1

Okay, mine were:

1. Ulysses 31

2. Dungeons and Dragons.

3. Battle of the Planets.

4. The Wacky Races.

5. Bugs Bunny.

I could think of plenty more but that will do for now. Remember that cartoons enjoyed in adulthood don't apply.

The Rocky and Bullwinkle show. In grade school I plagiarized one of their stories and got an 'A'. This is probably my all time favorite and each week the show was a compilation of about 4 different cartoons. Remember Mr. Peabody with his pet boy Sherman? Remember the Wayback Machine...it was a time machine. Remember Fractured Fairytales?...each week they did a spoof of a fairytale...great stuff. Boris Badenoff and Natasha....Fearless Leader

If you count animated full length movies then of course 'Bambi'....and the sequel 'Bambi meets Godzilla' which was a short..not full length.

Road Runner cartoons were great too....and there was one they didn't make too many of called Buzzy Buzzard....Yosemite Sam was pretty hot too but they didn't make many. Betty Boop was good...but all of those were really old even by the time I saw them.

And don't forget The Little Rascals....also called Our Gang or sometimes Spanky and Our Gang. It wasn't a cartoon but had a sort of cartoon quality to it. It was a series of short adventures involving a group of kids during the depression era. These too were all really old by the time I viewed them but were very popular with my cohort...true classics....

Hong Kong Fuhi(sp). Was pretty cool. Scooby Doo i enjoyed also, Will think of more. These are just off the top of my head.

Since i can still edit. How about Batfink?

My wings are like a shield of steel!!! Or HeMan or SheRa?

Edited by Jockstar

The Rocky and Bullwinkle show.  In grade school I plagiarized one of their stories and got an 'A'. This is probably my all time favorite and each week the show was a compilation of about 4 different cartoons.  Remember Mr. Peabody with his pet boy Sherman?  Remember the Wayback Machine...it was a time machine.  Remember Fractured Fairytales?...each week they did a spoof of a fairytale...great stuff. Boris Badenoff and Natasha....Fearless Leader

If you count animated full length movies then of course 'Bambi'....and the sequel 'Bambi meets Godzilla' which was a short..not full length.

Road Runner cartoons were great too....and there was one they didn't make too many of called Buzzy Buzzard....Yosemite Sam was pretty hot too but they didn't make many.  Betty Boop was good...but all of those were really old even by the time I saw them.

And don't forget The Little Rascals....also called Our Gang or sometimes Spanky and Our Gang.  It wasn't a cartoon but had a sort of cartoon quality to it.  It was a series of short adventures involving a group of kids during the depression era.  These too were all really old by the time I viewed them but were very popular with my cohort...true classics....

:D

Rocky and Bullwinkle....Upsadaysium...(Upsadaysium may be spelled wrong. It was the only element lighter than air, so the Upsadaysium mine floated around and had to be tied down with a rope, or it would just float away.)

The title of that great episode in which Bullwinkle fell out of a balloon.He went plumetting to the ground. The announcer said,"Stay tuned for our smashing episode next week....The End Of A Long Fall..... or ......That's Me All Over"

Well maybe you had to be there.

And there was a popular announcer on a TV talk show called Durwood Kirby, so the Rocky and Bullwinkle show went looking for the Kirwood Derby.

Yeh, you had to be there, I guess.

:o

What do you mean ' as a child'

My favourites are

Tom & Jerry *****

Bugs Bunny *****

Road Runner *****

The Flintstones ****

Yogi Bear ****

Or of course anything by Fred Quimby.

I'd underline Fred Quimby and all of the above, including Donald Duck and Pluto.

It's curious, but apart from Scooby Doo, I havn't heard of any of the cartoons suggested by other posters.

Have we British lived a sheltered life?

My favourites are

Tom & Jerry *****

Bugs Bunny *****

Road Runner *****

The Flintstones ****

Yogi Bear ****

I'd underline Fred Quimby and all of the above, including Donald Duck and Pluto.

It's curious, but apart from Scooby Doo, I havn't heard of any of the cartoons suggested by other posters.

TM you are definately getting old bro. I havent heard of a few but most i have. :D:o

My favourites are

Tom & Jerry *****

Bugs Bunny *****

Road Runner *****

The Flintstones ****

Yogi Bear ****

TM you are definately getting old bro. I havent heard of a few but most i have. :D:o

... as all whisky drinkers know - age is not a disadvantage, but rather a quality that seperates the ladds from the lassies, so to speak.

Cant believe nobody mentioned The Simpsons but maybe we are all thinking a bit further back, in which case gotta give you:

Tom and Jerry

Daffy Duck

Roadrunner

Droopy

Top Cat

Flintstones

Battle of the Planets

Dungeons and Dragons - did they ever get back home?

thats all I can think of for now. :o

Rolfs cartoon time what great tv! :D

Top Cat

Flintstones

Jetsons

Roadrunner

Dogtanian and the Three Muscahounds

Tweety Pie

Scooby Doo

Captain Caveman

Rhubarb and Custard

The Flumps (not really a cartoon)

Wacky Races

Yogi Bear

The Blue Danube ( musical cartoon extravagansa)

Yosemite Sam

Popeye

Special Shout to Dexters Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, Futurama, The Simpson and King of the Hill.. which I still like to watch now.. :o

totster :D

ah, forgot dangermouse, that was quality, and dogtanian and the three muskateers had the best tune for a cartonn series, but it always p.issed me off when in the opening scenes where he threw an apple up in the air, cut it vertically with his sword but when it floated down it was cut horizontally. I'm over it now though. :D:o:D

heres another one, bananaman, always good.

My favourite cartoon was 'Alf Tupper; Tough of the Track'.

I think nobody else here is old enough to remember him.

Sadly, I remember Alf Tupper. Was it in The Dandy or The Victor? Along with Alf, there was Billy's Boots and Matt Braddock.

Dear God, where will it all end?

Crusader Rabbit!

Eh?

I threw this in to see if anyone knew of it. You have to be as old as the hills (or an old croc) to remember. It was the first tv program I ever saw. The first channel to open in Perth used to play it as a test broadcast before they officially opened. I would have been about 8yo.

Lets also not forget CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE MMMMMMAAAAAANNNN. What a cool cartoon, some strange furball with a club that had every type of tool inside :o

Then theres Hong Kong Phooey

And touche the Tutrle if any of you remember this one

Edited by daleyboy