Bad Weather

corkman

Hi All,

I understand that southern "beach" areas are experiencing bad storms and a lot of rain etc. at the moment.

Is there anywhere in Thailand that one could go at the moment, for a weekend away, where the weather is ok? It doesn't have to be a beach resort.

Many thanks in advance.

What bad weather? The rainy season is the best time of the year

7.00 pm, my wife closes her village shop and we head to our house in the fields, 1.5 km away.

It's fantastic in the rainy season, the chorus of frogs for miles around, the fireflies flitting from tree to tree, the fish jumping in the pond. I relax in the hammock, open a Leo and maybe Hendrix,' Third stone from the sun'. There is one drawback though, mosquitoes.

In the morning I swim in the pond, collecting cherry shells before they can eat the pak bung.

OP,forget the beaches, head to Issan or the North in the rainy season.

Well I'm just a little ignorant as to where else to go ...... everything seems to "point" toward the islands, and south...... but I'm up for anything, anywhere, so long as there is a clean and safe hotel to stay in, and something to do in the day...... water falls, historical sites, or whatever..... I'm open to suggestion :)

What bad weather? The rainy season is the best time of the year

7.00 pm, my wife closes her village shop and we head to our house in the fields, 1.5 km away.

It's fantastic in the rainy season, the chorus of frogs for miles around, the fireflies flitting from tree to tree, the fish jumping in the pond. I relax in the hammock, open a Leo and maybe Hendrix,' Third stone from the sun'. There is one drawback though, mosquitoes.

In the morning I swim in the pond, collecting cherry shells before they can eat the pak bung.

OP,forget the beaches, head to Issan or the North in the rainy season.

A man after my own heart, as I too, quite prefer the rainy season for all the noted whys and whatfores. Cheers!;)

bannork,

Your post evokes pictures in my mind. Your setup sounds delightful. I'm seriously into swimming (for health) so the south has seemed to be the only choice so far. is the pond you mention yours? or are such ponds everywhere?