Sending Money

tripperj

Hi all,

My happy time in the sunshine with the lady of my breams has ended once again and i find my self in the cold dull british isles yet again :o .......

I want to send my love some money, i have been sending it with the post office before but this is proving quite expensive!! If any one could help me or let me know how they send money to LOS i would be very greatful.

Tripper j :D  :D

Western Union Money Transfer Link Thailand

Just got an estimate to send Aussie $999 to Thailand...

-------------------------------------------

Amount to send : $ 999.00 Australian Dollars

Money transfer charge : $ 70.00

Total estimated amount : $ 1069.00

Estimated exchange rate 1 Australian Dollar = 29.96 Baht

Estimated local currency pay out = 29931.56 Bahts

-------------------------------------------

...sounds expensive! :o

YBB

You could always take the risk and post it in acard. Cheap cheap. Anyway i havent read all the thread but i know you will be getting shit for the sick buffalo etc. :o

They can be expensive :D

I have lost even envelopes that disappeared with dvd's in them. So a bit risky by Post. A supplementary Card from your account would be the best with a limit set for withdrawals. Can be used from ATM's here but make sure its the right machine or you will be charged alot of fee's. Bank Drafts from Australia are about $10 but the Thais have trouble with them. I sent one to a friend here and the Thai Bank took 10 days to process it when it should be a matter of minutes. But best just bring the cash.

Here is another option. Have not tried it, but there was a link from one of Stickman's pieces to this site.

http://www.expresscashthailand.com

They are cheaper than the Com Bank in oz $22 per international transfer, but more expensive than the ATM card option. For a fee they will even email you a digital photo of the person collecting the money. :o Another way of keeping in touch.

If you go the ATM route, just limit the amount of money in that account. That is usually the limit of your liability. If the card gets lost or stolen, close the account.

Chang

You could always take the risk and post it in acard. Cheap cheap. Anyway i havent read all the thread but i know you will be getting shit for the sick buffalo etc. :D

They can be expensive :D

Oh Jocko, I do believe you might be a teensy bit cynical. Shame on you! :D

Actually the buffaloes are fine. It's the bloody 4x4 that's not well. She crashes it, I fix it. :o At least I could eat the f***ing buffalo! :D

Take it easy,

djmm

I've had an account with the Krung Thai Bank for years. When I'm back here in Farangland and the dollar exchange rate is high, I transfer funds into my Thailand account. It costs me AUS $30 each time but there is no limit to the amount of money I can transfer.

In Thailand I set up my account so that I can transfer money from it into my g/f's account via the internet. There is no fee associated with this transfer, provided her account is also with the Krung Thai Bank.

My g/f now lives permanently in Australia, has a job and her own Aussie bank account. Each time she visits Thailand, she takes Aussie dollars with her and tops up her Krung Thai account. She then can transfer funds from this account into her parents Krung Thai account, all via the internet from anywhere around the world.

Very simple and saves a lot of unnecessary fees.

The only risk is the carrying of cash travelling from Oz to Thailand. She wears a money pouch under her clothes, and so far so good.

Strife and I have accounts with Westpac, both Classic plus and Bonus saver linked.

Son has one card and Sister has another, internet transfer from one to another is easy and there is a $5 ATM transaction fee when using machine, we only ever transfer a set amount.

Strife and I have accounts with Westpac, both Classic plus and Bonus saver linked.

Son has one card and Sister has another, internet transfer from one to another is easy and there is a $5 ATM transaction fee when using machine, we only ever transfer a set amount.

Bit confused Bronco ...but that's not unusual! :o

This thread is about sending money to Thailand. ie: to a local.

An example of my confusion - my wife wants to send her Mum some beetle-nut money. My wifes Mum has never come to Australia so I think it would be difficult for her to open an account here?

Are those linked cards that you have given you son etc ...in their names or yours?

OR is it possible to get supplimentary cards in anyone's name and who do not need any ID or whatever? If that's the case then bloodybeauty! :D

YBB

and her buffalo

:D

And her sick mama, broken motor bike, stolen phone, ect....... :o:D

lol no she's not like this at all, i'm one luck falang i've fallen for a girl who doesn't want my money. No one else belives me but i don't care.

Tripper j

ps thanks fore then help folks, have set up a acc with the aliance and lester no prob's and no fee's.

:D:D

was she a cashier by any chance?

how long do you plan to send her this money every month ?

1 year ,5 years, 10 years, 20 years or 50 years ?

and where exactly is it going to lead ?

does she have a job ?

Don't know if this was aimed at me or not, but I'll answer.

I asked for some advice on transferring money from my UK bank account to gf's Thai accoiunt. I didn't say I would justify why I was doing it.

Have a nice day. :o

Cheers,

djmm

does she have a job ?

What has any of that got to do with the transfer of money? There are numerous reasons for sending money besides your Thai GF.

I take it you've been stung? :o

YBB

A normal ATM card can not be used to overdraw an account unless you have set it up that way, so, all you need to do, is deposit money as needed into the account used for this purpose. The card can only draw that money and you control how much money is available. All that bank fine print is CYA for them and has nothing to do with the real world. Thousands of people are using the ATM card method (and millions tell others their PIN).

The reason for high wire transfer change is that it requires manual teller action and probably about 10-15 minutes time to collect information/verify/fill out forms/send onward. Banks are not noted for giving anything away these days. :o

does she have a job ?

I asked for some advice on transferring money from my UK bank account to gf's Thai accoiunt. I didn't say I would justify why I was doing it.

Cheers,

djmm

Quite right too...however you can understand the cynicism here as most of what you said has been heard so many times before it is positively clichéd…having said that it’s none of my business.

Back to your question…as mentioned before, if you want to send the girl money the best way is to set up an a/c in your home country and send her an ATM card. That way it’s cheap or even free to withdraw, you can put money in whenever you want and keep an eye on it if needs be.

does she have a job ?

Cheers,

djmm

Quite right too...however you can understand the cynicism here as most of what you said has been heard so many times before it is positively clichéd…having said that it’s none of my business.

Back to your question…as mentioned before, if you want to send the girl money the best way is to set up an a/c in your home country and send her an ATM card. That way it’s cheap or even free to withdraw, you can put money in whenever you want and keep an eye on it if needs be.

Wilko,

I can understand the cynicism, but there are tons of threads on TV about the why's and why not's of sending money to a TGF. I was hoping to sidestep that debate. :D

Thanks for the ATM suggestion anyway. I'll check it out.

Cheers,

djmm