If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

18 hours ago, bannork said:

A great West Coast interpretation of a classic.

All upper high students should listen to it to enhance their concentration, patience and musical tastes. 5555

always liked this album...

hey...did I ever tell ye about the time that The New Riders of the Purple Sage opened fer Miles Davis at Stanford in the 70s? they started with their quasi C&W and the mostly ethnic and very cool audience erupted very unpleasantly: 'wha's this shit???!!!...'

I was there to see MIles too and was confused as well...Miles was in his bitches brew period at the time and there were no old favorites forthcoming (from Kind of blue, sketches of spain etc) as I had hoped...that dude never looked back, only forward...

not much in the way of pleasing music but interesting to observe...we left early to drive back to Berkeley...

• Like 1

Ha ha NRPS and Miles Davis on the same bill- reminds me of Lulu and Hendrix on the same TV show. 

Your story reminds me conversely  of the time an avant-garde jazz band came to my public school, quite a posh place, Uppingham, ,about 1970. The more senior teachers brought their wives, expecting a trad jazz outfit and determined to show us kids that rock was dead and this was the music we should be listening too.

Their first realization that things might not be what they thought they were was when a bunch of long haired musicians took the stage. Still, they sat there, smiling, confident they were in for a night of familiar jazz. 

Alas, 5 minutes into the show they realized they had been utterly wrong. The improvised squeaking and rapid change of rhythm was noise to their ears (and indeed most of us except a few determined beatniks) and rising from their seats, they tore up their programmes and stormed out. Not a good example from teachers and adults to us kids!

tutsi kicks back with vodka and his broken leg and then is haunted by the collective image of all the women in his life...

yes, they are right, I'm not right...why don't I do right?

tutsi sighs and pours himself another vodka...been readin' too much of that post modern rubbish...gotta get back to de classics...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

Christ, pour another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app