If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

BN @ 5729, su su .

Never admit to anything, LOL.

Anyway, heres one of the very first Thai music Cds I bought.

One of the others was by a guy called Pang, orange cover with a turtle on the front, but I cant find it on u-tube.

When I was about 14 I was sent to my Grandma's house in Lancaster. My father was in the process of leaving my mother. The family home was Sheffield.

My grandparents were shocked by my demeanor, being a youth only interested in the Sex Pistols and Clash etc. This was about 1981 and I was still at school.

My grandfather was a Policeman. So he had an agenda for me, as you can imagine.

I found really old battery powered radio that in the house and used to tune into John Peel at 10pm and listen to things such as The Fall and Grace Jones - Private Life, under the bed sheets every night.

Went on for about 3 months.

I was not allowed out after 5pm and received a lecture from Grandpa most nights.

That old radio was my lifeline to the world, John Peel my hero. RIP John.

Gary Numan helped me through his music, as well as Lene Lovich and OMD.

Edited by soihok
  • Like 1

I met Annabella Lwin in Sheffield after the gig in The Limit club, on a Saturday afternoon. Ohh, way back in 1980

I was wearing an Adam and the Ants T shirt at the time.

Not surprisingly, I did not impress anyone.

A nice story soi 6, showing the importance of music to teenagers, an emotional lifeline.

I was sentenced to several years at boarding school, we had a lot of fun, but here was also a lot of discipline imposed by 'prefects'.

We slept in dormitories in individual cubicles with a table, bed and a curtain out front.

The prefects, gestapo in disguise,( sadists and homosexuals) would patrol outside, but with a little cunning we had some privacy- transistor radios were our lifeline at night.

I remember as clear as day listening to Tony Prince, an enthusiastic Radio Luxembourg DJ, playing the whole of The Beatles Abbey Road album on the radio with Ringo talking about and between the tracks- on my tiny transistor, half hidden by the pillows, it sounded so magical.

What do the generation today listen to?

• Like 1

I met Annabella Lwin in Sheffield after the gig in The Limit club, on a Saturday afternoon. Ohh, way back in 1980

I was lucky that I had the charisma I didn't need t-shirts to unimpress people.

If I'd had any charisma, I'd have abused it terribly

Edited by StreetCowboy

If I'd had any charisma,

<a href="http://www.ggsc01689.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/True%20By%20Both/11-It" data-ipb="nomediaparse" s%20a%20game.mp3"="" data-cke-saved-href="http://www.ggsc01689.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/True%20By%20Both/11-It">Act nice , act nice baby

If I'd had any charisma,

<a href="http://www.ggsc01689.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/True%20By%20Both/11-It" data-ipb="nomediaparse" s%20a%20game.mp3"="" data-cke-saved-href="http://www.ggsc01689.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/True%20By%20Both/11-It">Act nice , act nice baby

Back in 1980 our mob of suburban skate punks thought she was right fit.