If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

In my (very) young days, I was on leave from ship (Merchant Navy) when I met a group of guys down in London while visiting a brother who lived in a squat. (Great life I've led at times whistling.gif ). Brother took me to a place called The Mountain Grill. A seedy place off Ladbroke grove / Westbourne Park road area near the squat.

These guys were so hard up they could not afford a cup of tea. I bought them a cuppa each and one tried to sell me his double Bass guitar - me, how I wish I had bought it.... but I was a poor teenage Merchant seaman.

They named one album after this cafe.

Yeah, Hawkwind. One of my all time favourite bands. Last time I saw them live was when they played the then new album Space Bandits at a small venue near me.

Space Ritual is on my all time greatest album list. I still have the double vinyl LP but nothing to play it on, sadly.

Space Ritual.....

edit... Stacia dancing topless... sigh!! What a pair !! w00t.gif

Edited by WhamBam
  • Like 1

WhamBam, great story,

relive those glory days, from back in the time they were actually a decent band.

Yeah, a great band. A shame they did not make more singles to get them noticed more.

An apt song even in this day and age of ISIS and such........ Urban Guerilla

^^^^^, Bob (The Great) Calvert wrote about it way back in 1977, probably the last decent HW tour I witnessed, they are nothing more than a caricature of themselves these days, have seen better tribute bands.

Check out Simon House on violin, awesome.

• Like 1

^^^^^, Bob (The Great) Calvert wrote about it way back in 1977, probably the last decent HW tour I witnessed, they are nothing more than a caricature of themselves these days, have seen better tribute bands.

Check out Simon House on violin, awesome.

Many people never really did appreciate the albums Hawkwind made. And that is a shame.

Brilliant guitar work on QSC ^^^.

Superbly ferocious guitar playing by John Cipolllina and Gary Duncan, only for the dedicated and deranged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olnbwZxjcbI

I've just sat and listened to that. But cannot say I am impressed with the guitar work. But, I'll try a lot of music to see if it is my taste or not, so thanks for that.

edit typo - fat finger syndrome rolleyes.gif

Edited by WhamBam

Thinking of guitars led to me watching this... Cozy Powell - Dance with the Devil.

One fantastic drummer. Maybe not quite on a par with Ginger Baker or Keith Moon, but definitely a great drummer.

Gets the juices flowing w00t.gifblink.png