If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

Is DB on The Tor?

No - was watching it on the tele.

Last and only time I ever saw The Who was at Newcastle City Hall in 1981. I remember standing near left side of an empty stage near the shows end waiting for the encore with the crowd and some nice person start leaping and shouting behind me for more tugging on my shoulders. I turned around and it was Townsend who then ran back to finish the set. Since then my youngest has taken a liking to Daltrey's vocals as well:

Rodger Daltrey - Wheels on the bus

Edited by Digitalbanana

Nice story about Pete Townsend DB, I always enjoy his interviews, clearly intelligent with a dry sense of humour. I remember when asked about why he smashed guitars on stage he said you have to remember a lot of The Who's audience are pretty thick and they need something violent to remember the show by.

Only 35 days to go .

• Like 1

Dear viewer, a little bird told me our resident upcountry hippy may well be off line for a few days.

The best brains from Chula have been dispatched upcountry to begin work on one of these.

Not usually the sort of music I listen to, but have always had a soft spot for this, mainly because of the video starring Donald Sutherland (Legend).

• Like 1