If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

So many deaths recently of those who meant something to us as we grew up. And the sadness is because we feel a part of our youth has died with them, we will never hear another song from them again, we pity ourselves really!

Today it was Terry Wogan, he never meant a thing to me because he was on Radio 2, the housewives choice, but it can't be denied his wit, charm and humanity shone through for millions.

To the Irish, a nation of writers, musicians and charmers.

Thanks for posting that DB, haven't heard it in years- a gorgeous jaunty tune- that's one of the amazing things about music, you can have not heard a song for donkey years but once the first few bars open ( musically and alcoholically) the whole tune and words come rushing back.

As the Lizard King said, 'Way back deep inside the brain....'

What's happened to rgs? No new postings since the Christmas break. I know he's a keen cyclist but that can be perilous, i once had a bike but after several punctures and 2 brake failures I realized cycling was just a vicious cycle.

John Martyn, the darling of every female student in the 70s

• Like 2

Responsible for some of the worst music vids ever made Cathaleya remains for me the greatest ever luktung singer, including Pumpuang. The power and clarity of her voice is amazing, sounds better live than on a recording for some reason. Seen her for over 15 years and again last night, spellbinding to say the least.

Rgs,mrs and family are currently weighing up our options- jeez rgs, sounds like you may be moving on- to greener pastures financially or back to the UK?

Whatever, Thailand, rock n roll and Thai visa will always be here, either in cyber space or on terra firma.

Guitar rock will never die!

• Like 1