If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

this was my number along with little red rooster when I was inna band in 1964...I was on bass (alternated with drums when needed) and I took to the blues like a duck to water...

I say, stinga bee...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bannork said:

Tutsi, did you manage to avoid the Vietnam War?

yeah...that's quite a story....

I got busted fer dope when I was 18 and my high school teachers petitioned the judge to spare me as I was lookin' at 1 to 5 in the joint for possession of a couple of numbers...and the judge said: 'if yer so smart then you should stay in school until yer 21...'

when I got my draft notice I simply sent them a copy of the court disposition and I was re classified 1Y...and then I got a high number in the draft lottery later...

no way I woulda gone anyway as I have always been fiercely anti imperialist...I ain't got no probs with killin' people if my life is in danger but I thought it an unacceptable intrusion for the US gov't to put me in danger by sending me to war...I spent some time thinkin' about either Canada or jail...I had a draft resistor pal livin' in Vancouver, a girlfriend's brother...

the judge put me in county jail during my senior year easter holiday...

oh, bad luck and trouble been my only friends...

• Like 1

I liked 'ol Albert Collins...he really engaged the audience...

tutsi: ' I hear whatchoo talkin' about!' Albert: 'that's right!

man, them blues clubs were soooo fine...then gunfire would erupt in the back...someone took somebody's wine...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bannork said:

You've led an interesting life Tutsi and it ain't over yet. The lyrics of this number are a reference to your post on the books thread

''we all need someone to lean on...' 55555

with respect it's not that I've had an interesting life, most lives are interesting...ye just need good perception and an appreciation of the mundane...

with an old girlfriend that I had an extremely passionate relationship with we have a long distance ongoing discussion regarding the banal...with a simple smile with crooked teeth she could invoke a paroxysm of total desire and she useta scare people with her unglamorous looks and intelligence...

she would stand over me naked as I was like melting butter in the sun and say: 'like that?'...all I could manage was a croaking sound...

8 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

with respect it's not that I've had an interesting life, most lives are interesting...ye just need good perception and an appreciation of the mundane...

with an old girlfriend that I had an extremely passionate relationship with we have a long distance ongoing discussion regarding the banal...with a simple smile with crooked teeth she could invoke a paroxysm of total desire and she useta scare people with her unglamorous looks and intelligence...

she would stand over me naked as I was like melting butter in the sun and say: 'like that?'...all I could manage was a croaking sound...

You're the new Henry Miller!!