If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

80s UK pop music that I had never heard until I met up with my ex in London in 1988...she had these albums from Squeeze and Simply red that never got much airplay in California...nice music and I was surprised and quite pleased that there was more to brit pop music at the time than the Stones and the Sex pistols......

Edited by tutsiwarrior

[/url]     

80s UK pop music that I had never heard until I met up with my ex in London in 1988...she had these albums from Squeeze and Simply red that never got much airplay in California...nice music and I was surprised and quite pleased that there was more to brit pop music at the time than the Stones and the Sex pistols......Yes Squeeze !!

An excellent band with a rather large turnover of band members.

But mostly remembered for their two main players, a couple of really talented guys Tilbrook and Difford , Jools Holland’s career took off after a spell with Squeeze also .

Here’s another Brit band that emerged in 2003 with some success but peaked in 2007 , to gradually fall out of favour with the record buying public and disbanded in 2014.

Here’s a song from their excellent (IMHO) album Once upon a time in the West.[/url]

• Like 1