English Man And His Thai Wife Commit Double Suicide In Pattaya

Rimmer

Double suicide of English man and his Thai Wife in North Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- A disturbing double-suicide was uncovered in a house in Soi 16 off the Naklua Road on Friday Morning. Banglamung Police made their way to the house and were directed to the 1st floor bedroom where the bodies of the house owner Mr. John McMahon aged 73 from England and his Thai Wife, Khun Nuansawat aged 56 were discovered, lying on their bed, by Khun Lamyai aged 37, the couple’s housemaid. Also lying on the floor of the bedroom was the body of the couple’s pet dog. The windows of the room had been sealed, using masking tape.

full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One

2010-08--06

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rip

But I do hope they iinvestigate this further ...

I have never known of a double suicde in the uk , unless both parties are terminally ill .. Was the wife ill ??

How many UK suicides have you investigated? wonder if the dog was ill?

two people dead --- sad

Sad, so sad that people have to commit suicide to get away from their problems, no friends, it's a material world.

Speaking from experience I can assure you not all suicide victims are people with no friends.

In my experience it was the complete opposite.

Some people believe they have the right to choose to die. Saying suicide is selfish implies that others have more right to demand people keep living. It can't be argued that others have more rights over ones life than one self.

LuckyLew, There are so many selfrightous proclaimed experts in the world who know it all but know nothing. Never judge others until you know the true circumstances . Suicide is a sad thing and it is usually an extreme last choice. Don't speculate.

I have never heard of suicide by coals before. Perhaps more details will come out to confirm that both parties were willing participants. Nevertheless, one lesson here might be to buy and install carbon monoxide detectors in case your spouse, roommate, etc. or neighbor decides to end it all and you might get taken along for the ride.

My sympathies and condolences to their family and friends who must live with this tragic event.

Suicide is one of the most selfish acts a person can commit

I've heard this before - I don't think so, selfishness has nothing to do with it. I think the above is just an excuse to get over the survivor's guilt.

A sad event.

R.I.P. you troubled souls.

I have never heard of suicide by coals before. Perhaps more details will come out to confirm that both parties were willing participants. Nevertheless, one lesson here might be to buy and install carbon monoxide detectors in case your spouse, roommate, etc. or neighbor decides to end it all and you might get taken along for the ride.

My sympathies and condolences to their family and friends who must live with this tragic event.

Suicide by coal has been done in Japan on several occasions. Seal up everything, burn the coals and go to sleep.

Oh, people also kill themselves in cars using the same method.

TheWalkingMan

I have never known of a double suicde in the uk , unless both parties are terminally ill .. Was the wife ill ??

There was a particularly sad case last year. A Englishman and his Japanese wife doted on their only child, Sam. When he was about 16 months, he became a guadriplegic when a woman drove into the car Sam's mother was driving. The couple spent all their time looking after him and he was, by all accounts, a very happy little boy. He then suddenly developed meningitis and died aged 5. Totally distraught, he couple drove to a cliff top and, with the body of their son in one backpack and his toys in another, they jumped to their deaths. The article posted below ends : "Tragic as it is, they seemed to know their own minds – and there was probably nothing anyone could have done to prevent this sad act of desperation."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/5438383/Beachy-Head-The-Japanese-tradition-behind-the-family-suicide.html

An Article in another web site written in Thai stated this morning they were involved in a tourist shop.

Things have been really bad and they could not pay their bills

This was the last solution they could think of

Its sad in Thailand were Face is more important than LIfe

On behalf of the McMahon family, thank you for your kind condolences. It is indeed a shocking event for all of us.

Inevitably, the newspapers can only report on the facts which are made known to them. They don't know the full story and the background information necessary to understand this tragic incident. Actually, neither do we - not least because we are in Europe at the moment. We're aware of what has gone on over the last few years but unaware of the catalyst which led to John and Yai's ultimate decision yesterday.

I've seen discussions on other forums talking about conspiracy theories and speculating about who the creditors might be. Such speculation is distressing and unhelpul.

Thanks to the mods and admins on Thai Visa for keeping things in better order on here.

An Article in another web site written in Thai stated this morning they were involved in a tourist shop.

i think suicide is often more to do with despair rather than loss of face.

Ageing, and facing economic ruin with no feasible chance of recovery, the choice of a peaceful death together by inhalation of charcoal fumes must have seemed better than separation with its emotional anguish and an old age of poverty and hopelessness.

It's the quality of life that counts, not it's longevity.

Yes my wife read this out to me from a Thai newspaper as the couple do not live far from us ,it seems that they owed money to the bank and their debts were rising ,they seem to have just chosen this way out,very sad.