Thai Police Arrest Two Britons For Murder And Child Sexual Abuse

webfact

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about lagos? You read or seethe movie the road?I think it was cnocieved there, pattaya is a garden city paradise compared to it.

Pattaya is a garden city paradise PERIOD. Come and enjoy, our lovely beaches and friendly natives await your visit!

A court in Norwich sentenced him 18 months in jail.

For what??

Certianly not rape..................

Yes for rape although he claimed she was older.

No, for sexual intercourse with a girl under 16 but over 13. (She was 15, to be precise). The maximum sentence for this offence is 24 months.

how about lagos? You read or seethe movie the road?I think it was cnocieved there, pattaya is a garden city paradise compared to it.

Pattaya is a garden city paradise PERIOD. Come and enjoy, our lovely beaches and friendly natives await your visit!

Thanks but definately no thanks. Been there once and experinced the friendly nature. It is far from paradise. It is an extremely dangerous place and you will not get me or my family within 500 kms of the sewer We learnt the perils 1st hand.

I don't know why the British Police don't just spend the summer in Pattaya, they will pick half up of Britain's most wanted and bag a bucket load of paedophiles while their there.

good point, you should send a letter to scotland yard

better off writing to the london police

While I am 100% in favor of ridding Thailand of trash, they should start by cleaning their on yard first. There are plenty more local criminals and crooked police than there are falang.

Oh, silly me, the locals don't have the money to bribe their way out and the police would lose face if they were themselves arrested.

This place is and always will be a joke when it comes to legal issues.

I do not understand why people continually harp on about ''local criminals'' needing to be cleaned up before worrying about farang undesirables. Thai criminals are born and bred Thais, and criminals or not they have every right to be in Thailand, their home country.

Farangs, on the other hand do not have this right and if they are criminals or undesirables they should be the first targeted and booted out. When all farang crooks are gone and only decent law abiding farangs are left , then clean up their own countrymen.

I am Australian and hate the fact that farang scum of any country, including my own, are living in Thailand.

• Like 2

While I am 100% in favor of ridding Thailand of trash, they should start by cleaning their on yard first. There are plenty more local criminals and crooked police than there are falang.

Oh, silly me, the locals don't have the money to bribe their way out and the police would lose face if they were themselves arrested.

This place is and always will be a joke when it comes to legal issues.

WHat? The tea money go to the local police, this payment is to get rid of falang so they can have the place to themselves..... What are you thinking:whistling:

Gosh there's some real nimrods posting today...

I think PDS is actually Pattaya Defamation Syndrome as being deranged is an attribute that makes one more likely to either happily blend in or otherwise accommodate the unique madness that is Pattaya. I join with Jingthing in the defense of Pattaya, it's lifetyle and the overwhelming amount of good and decent people that chose to call it home.

I think we should form the real PAD or People Against Defamation but some of these punters posting today may misread that and hold us responsible for social unrest, hijacking airports and other silliness.

Edited by NanLaew

regardless of the amount of bad press that pattaya gets, its the ideal place for many long term expats, ( its not my cup of tea as its to much of a city) theres good golfing, decent accomodations, easy access to the airpport, good medical facilities, great shopping and food and of course there's the night life.

Go on a weekend and its full of Thai's as well.

When u figure that a few bad apples out of the hundreds of thousands, (Possibly a million) that make Pattaya their home, (Thai and Farang) its just yellow journalism

Edited by phuketrichard

Why mention Nigeria, Niger Delta and lagos is same thread discussing Pattaya and pedophiles? Its nothing to do with Cocain or any mind altering substance.

Lets leave Africa off this topic until the next drug arrest or related news.

I believe the visas for for the the murderer and the child molester were in order and they were always properly dressed.

The news from pattaya would never take a different tone until a major clean up is done around the town. In 1998 I went there to party with a mate and was quite hungry when I woke up in the morning , I stumble into a place I thought was where I could have a nice breakfast, but all that was offered there was a blowjobs, it was not even noon.

<snip>

Neither are anything close to pedophilia, mate. Look it up. Pedophilia is sexual attraction or sexual acts with PREPUBESCENT children.

Edited by toptuan
trollish/inflammatory quoted post deleted and poster warned

Gosh there's some real nimrods posting today...

I think PDS is actually Pattaya Defamation Syndrome as being deranged is an attribute that makes one more likely to either happily blend in or otherwise accommodate the unique madness that is Pattaya. I join with Jingthing in the defense of Pattaya, it's lifetyle and the overwhelming amount of good and decent people that chose to call it home.

I think we should form the real PAD or People Against Defamation but some of these punters posting today may misread that and hold us responsible for social unrest, hijacking airports and other silliness.

Thanks for the support, Mr. N.

Here is my definition of PDS, take it or leave it --

Edited by Jingthing

most great inventions have helped destroy the planet sooner. Except for air conditioners. Hey loomamba you form the city of exellence?

James,

I like when my name is spelled correctly, thanks.

City if excellence, that is if you are blind. Lets just say I know my way around so many places, but I am not with the 'company'.

"I love Pattaya".

Both Britons are set to be extradited and Thai police said they were in discussions with the Japanese embassy over the Ogushi case.

It would be good if justice in Thailand could be halfway trusted. Guilty or not, I wouldn't trust the Thai courts with a traffic ticket, let alone cases such as these.

The Thai police are arresting Brits at the request of the British Embassy and they are to be extradited to UK. What is the point of the Thai bashing comment about Thai courts?

Maybe if farang police and farang immigrations back in farangland were doing their jobs these miscreants wouldn't be free and allowed to leave their countries to travel to Thailand where the Thai police end up cleaning up for the inept farang authorities.

Agreed. The Thai court system has nothing to do with it since they were both convicted in British courts. It amazes me how some people will take any opportunity to insult Thailand even when, if they thought about it for a second, their comment is completely irrelevant to the subject under discussion.

The reason being that Mr. Fletcher has been arrested and is to be deported by Thai authorities for a crime allegedly committed in Cambodia at the request of the British authorities.

He has committed no crime on Thai soil nor has he any outstanding warrants for his arrest. Committing a crime in the UK and being convicted does not prohibit travel to Thailand either.

Indeed, it is not Thai law to have to announce to Immigration previous convictions, despite the comments stating so previously.

Yet again we can clearly see Thai courts merely doing as they please when it suits them, in spite of the law. I'm sure they don't want characters of Mr. Fletcher's ilk in their country but the fact is Thailand attracts many of these kinds of people and if they are against them visiting they should make it a law and subsequently enforce it.

• Like 1

Why is Pattaya so saturated with these kind of people?

Read the articles.

One Briton lived in Pattaya, the other one in Bangkok.

Where the Japanese lived is not mentioned.

Logic has nothing to do with Pattaya Derangement SyndromeTM (PDS). The mere mention of Pattaya in any context (for example, the Pattaya Marathon) sets off these poor sufferers. Like those with Aspergers Syndrome, scientists are working around the clock for a cure.

I don't know why the British Police don't just spend the summer in Pattaya, they will pick half up of Britain's most wanted and bag a bucket load of paedophiles while their there.

There's six MI5 agents at the airport, they're over run with drug traffic.:realangry:

Lordy, lordy me, but there's some drivel posted in this thread (I estimate if you equally divided half the posters here and sorted them in a relevent fashion, the total IQ of one group wouldn't stack up against any one of the individuals of the second - it doesn't take much to work out which is which).

So, because the British police have been busy working in the kingdom seeking their most wanted, and found one at least, this means all Brits are raping, murdering barbarians (according to at least one posting brainiac and implied by several others). It seems to me that for someone to make most wanted after just one killing (of a friend during a quarrel - hot blood) and theft of a few grand for escape money, shows just how unlike barbarians they are - wonder what the stats are for America's most wanted?

Its good that these people are found and prosecuted (though sex with 15 years old is a common occurance anywhere in the west - marriange is even allowed in some places with kids as young as 13!), so perhaps harder to villify. However, we must realise that just because bad guys from one country are caught, doesn't equate to all guys from that country are bad, any more than it equates to authorities from that country care about catching their criminals and are willing to invest the time, effort and money in securing them overseas.

There's six MI5 agents at the airport, they're over run with drug traffic.:realangry:

Where on earth does MI5 come into this?

MI5's role is defined as protecting "national security" against "threats from espionage, terrorism and sabotage, from activities of agents of foreign powers, and from actions intended to overthrow or undermine parliamentary democracy by political, industrial or violent means.

Naff all to do with this sort of thing or drugs.mad.gif

Both Britons are set to be extradited and Thai police said they were in discussions with the Japanese embassy over the Ogushi case.

It would be good if justice in Thailand could be halfway trusted. Guilty or not, I wouldn't trust the Thai courts with a traffic ticket, let alone cases such as these.

The Thai police are arresting Brits at the request of the British Embassy and they are to be extradited to UK. What is the point of the Thai bashing comment about Thai courts?

Maybe if farang police and farang immigrations back in farangland were doing their jobs these miscreants wouldn't be free and allowed to leave their countries to travel to Thailand where the Thai police end up cleaning up for the inept farang authorities.

good point;)

Thanks but definately no thanks. Been there once and experinced the friendly nature. It is far from paradise. It is an extremely dangerous place and you will not get me or my family within 500 kms of the sewer We learnt the perils 1st hand.

You have been to Pattaya one time and yet you feel qualified to make judgments. You have seen a little bit of this city and you feel you have the right to call it a sewer. As you are so intimidated by the place, why do you feel compelled to watch these postings and post yourself here? I am sure you could find better things to do. Better for you and for the rest of us. You say you are not getting within 500km of Pattaya, can we rely on you staying out of Thailand then?

• Like 1

It seems some posters are seeking the "Final Solution" to the Pattaya problem. What do you suggest? Nukes? Reeducation camps? I can't see why they just can't avoid the place if they don't like it and live and let live for the millions of people that DO like it.

Thai courts have nothing to do with this, what they are doing is extraditing these guys back to the countries that have issued the warrants. Now if you would have said you don't trust English and Cambodian courts it would make sense.