Need Advice On Timing - 90-Day Report & Retirement Extension

I could use some friendly advice here, on how to best handle my upcoming situation...

I'm here on an existing retirement extension of stay that expires on Friday, Sept. 17. So normally, I'd want to renew that sometime in the month prior between mid-August and mid-September.

However, now, I also had my last entry into Thailand by international flight, with a re-entry permit, on June 25. And using the ThaiVisa 90 day calendar calculator, that puts my next 90 day report deadline at Weds., Sept. 22.

Normally, I wouldn't wait until the very last few days to file my retirement extension, just out of an abundance of caution. All other things being equal, I'd probably do it at the beginning of September to leave extra time, in case of any problem.

But, I believe, you're only supposed to file your 90 day reports in the week prior to the deadline, which for me would be about Sept. 15 to 22, if I were trying to do it in person at Chaeng Wattana... And that's cutting it a bit close to my Sept 17 extension of stay deadline...

So, is there a good/safe way/date I can handle both the 90 day report, extension of stay and re-entry permit on a single day visit to Chaeng Wattana without leaving my extension to the very last days???

Or, should I just proceed with my early plan for filing the extension and re-entry permit, not try to do the 90 day report in person at the same time, and just handle the 90-day report again by mail in the week before my Sept. 22 deadline...

Thanks very much...

Edited by jfchandler

As you pointed out, a person can do a 90 day reporting either 7 days EARLY or 7 days LATE without penalty at Changwattana.

There'd be no problem applying for your extension on the 15th and doing your 90 day reporting at the same time as it's just within the week early dealy. BUT as you also pointed out IF there's a hiccup in the extension of stay process you've cut it really close time-wise to get things sorted out. I'd give it a try, especially as this isn't your "first rodeo" with an extension of stay based on retirement.

FWIW: When I accompanied an acquaintance out to Changwattana last week to secure another year's extension of stay based on retirement I tried to see if they'd also accept his 90 day reporting form early, just to save him time and effort.

Even though most everyone in the reporting room knows me (as I usually turn in between 5 and 15 different peoples 90-day reports a month), they told me no and to just come back when it due. In this case his wasn't due for another 3 weeks.

I think the smaller immigrations offices are more flexible on this just because they're smaller and the volume of people they deal with isn't any where near the level that's dealt with in Bangkok. They are usually staffed by only a few people, and everything is done in the same office rather than the decentralized areas which Changwattana has for different visa related things.