Car Window Film Logo On My Windows

rotary

Bought a new car. The dealer installed Hi-Kool car window film. About each 1 ft there is the Hi-Kool logo on all windows. Does this wash off the film??? A Friend told me it fades out over time....is that correct. I must have 20 logos on my film...ha ha

I tried to get a little glue off my window with nail polish remover and it dissolved the window tint film

I would very hesitant to use nail polish remover as it contains acetone. Some auto forums indicate rubbing alcohol works. Just hope the logo is not towards the glass side. ;)

The dealer probably told you how long to wait before you can get it removed. In our case it was the same 7 days that they told us not to open the windows for. After the 7 days you take the car back to the dealer and they remove the logos for you in about 2 minutes.

The dealer probably told you how long to wait before you can get it removed. In our case it was the same 7 days that they told us not to open the windows for. After the 7 days you take the car back to the dealer and they remove the logos for you in about 2 minutes.

Ditto. Under NO circumstances use nail polish remover, as at best it will smear the film and at worst dissolve it.

You should have received a little bottle of liquid. Use cotton balls with the liquid to get rid of the logos- don't use anything stronger like alcohol or nail polish as it can damage the film itself.

Better yet, have the garage who installed it take off the logos.

Ditto. Under NO circumstances use nail polish remover, as at best it will smear the film and at worst dissolve it.

Or a pan-scourer, as one numb-nuts at a car wash attempted when asked to remove the old glue from the tax sticker before we fitted the new one. :angry: Luckily I saw him heading for the window with it, and only my disbelief he was even going to attempt such a flaming fool move caused the resulting damage! :whistling:

I've always used lighter fluid to get that glue off, why can't they use the non-glue 'lick & stick' ones preferred in the UK? Oh ay, too easily stolen, silly me...

IPA, isopropal alchohol (spelling), same used in the little pads prior to getting an injection.....no smear and evaporates clean....

.OR a dab of whisky, vineger etc....

DO NOT NOT NOT USE ACCETONE..................