Pattaya Looks To Iran For Next Tourist Invasion

Boater

I don't think there is all that much anti-Iranian PEOPLE sentiment. It's about their leaders which many of them have actively resisted and some have paid with their lives. Probably the average Iranian here will love their country, which is normal, but won't be particularly political either way, no different than the majority of people from everywhere. This is coming from me, a person who hates the Iranian government with a passion, and I have no problem breaking bread with a friendly Iranian. However, this begs another question. Just yesterday there was a news report saying there is a strong probability that Israel would bomb Iran within a year or two. I don't know if I believe that, but imagine IF Israel or the USA actually did that and there were lots of Iranians in town. Couldn't this possibly be some kind of conflict flash point between Iranians and Americans here? Not so many Israelis in town but in the Iranian political mind Israel and the USA are seen as the same thing.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re the comment above about buying houses.

The powers that run Pattaya just want tourists to come, spend money then go away.

The go away part is important as when you become integrated into the local systems you stop paying tourist over the odds.

Iranians in Pattaya I seem to recall from the headlines, smoke dope on the street and wrap themselves and high powered motorbikes around trees.

Re the comment above about buying houses.

The powers that run Pattaya just want tourists to come, spend money then go away.

The go away part is important as when you become integrated into the local systems you stop paying tourist over the odds.

Iranians in Pattaya I seem to recall from the headlines, smoke dope on the street and wrap themselves and high powered motorbikes around trees.

Quality tourists.:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Julieflowers.

What do the dogs have to do with the way you were seen as being the lowest of the low?

Dogs are dirty as far as Arabs are concerned and we Brits are dirty for keeping them

Not just Arabs, muslims in general

I hear that dog breeders and sellers are doing a roaring trade now! Everyone is out buying a dog to keep the neighbours away.

This is bad news for the ladies of pattaya.

as we all know how they treat the girls back home.

BTW Iran executes, Prostitutes, little girls and Homosexual young men

Such a nice county Iran.. Not :bah::bah::bah:

I share your objections to the barbaric policies of the Iranian government. People should learn about that and also if anyone really believes Iran isn't going for nuclear weapons that will destabilize the entire middle east, and perhaps the entire oil dependent world, I have a bridge to sell you. However, people are people, and just because someone is Iranian doesn't mean they support the policies of their government. As we have seen lately, there is a vast undercurrent in Iran towards freedom (but most still want the bombs, oh well ...).

Only one country in the Middle East has nuclear weapons and it is not Iran. Iran was one of the first countries to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty in 1968. The country in the middle east who has nuclear weapons happens to be quite aggressive and have refused to sign the treaty.

Err.... your forgetting the mad Mullahs werent in charge of Iran in 1968, I doubt that any treaty that was signed before the Islamic Revolution is consigned to the dustbin.

Its a different ball game to have a Theocracy with thier finger on the nuclear trigger with armagedon its aim to "save" the human race from sin!

Only one country in the Middle East has nuclear weapons and it is not Iran

Iran is racing to get one and is controlled by a mad dictator and equally mad religious zealots that talk openly about destroying other countries with different religions. Why would anyone make excuses for them? :blink:

Iran is racing to get one and is controlled by a mad dictator and equally mad religious zealots that talk openly about destroying other countries with different religions. Why would anyone make excuses for them? :blink:

Mostly people who hate Israel. But that is irrational. Egypt and Saudi also hate Israel and they really, really don't want Iran to get the bombs and on this are supporting Israel. If Iran does succeed, many more countries in the middle east will follow suit, basically endangering the entire world not to mention the stability of the oil economy. I suppose fundamentalists who are banking on Armageddon soon would also be pro Iran bombs as that would increase their chances of rapture.

Unfortunately, this is not a one way street.

"In recent years, Israeli officials and leaders have threatened to exterminate entire Arab and Muslim countries in the region. The current Israeli foreign minister, Avigdor Lieberman, suggested that Israel should drop a nuclear bomb in Gaza during the recent genocidal blitz against the blockaded coastal territory.

The very same Lieberman had said that Israel would bomb Egypt’s Aswan Dam, and send Tehran back to the Middle Ages. Matan Vilnaai, another Israeli military leader, threatened to inflict a holocaust on the Gaza Strip, a threat partially fulfilled when Israel showered Gaza with death from air, sea and land, using hellish weapons of death such as White Phosphorus which incinerated Palestinian children in the hundreds."

"Genocidal blitz"? Hey, that's propaganda, mate. Of course, Israel has some major league sheitheads running the place, the Middle East is much better off with the current nuclear status quo than with an escalated buildup involving many countries there. If that happens, there almost definitely will be a nukes used, only a matter of time.

Edited by Jingthing

"Genocidal blitz"? Hey, that's propaganda, mate. Of course, Israel has some major league sheitheads running the place, the Middle East is much better off with the current nuclear status quo than with an escalated buildup involving many countries there. If that happens, there almost definitely will be a nukes used, only a matter of time.

My only concern in this matter!!!!!

The fact that players like Saudi and Egypt are happy with the nuclear status quo should tell you a lot. They don't think Israel will use their nukes in the current scenario and that is good.

Edited by Jingthing

This is bad news for the ladies of pattaya.

as we all know how they treat the girls back home.

BTW Iran executes, Prostitutes, little girls and Homosexual young men

Such a nice county Iran.. Not :bah::bah::bah:

I share your objections to the barbaric policies of the Iranian government. People should learn about that and also if anyone really believes Iran isn't going for nuclear weapons that will destabilize the entire middle east, and perhaps the entire oil dependent world, I have a bridge to sell you. However, people are people, and just because someone is Iranian doesn't mean they support the policies of their government. As we have seen lately, there is a vast undercurrent in Iran towards freedom (but most still want the bombs, oh well ...).

Only one country in the Middle East has nuclear weapons and it is not Iran. Iran was one of the first countries to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty in 1968. The country in the middle east who has nuclear weapons happens to be quite aggressive and have refused to sign the treaty.

Err.... your forgetting the mad Mullahs werent in charge of Iran in 1968, I doubt that any treaty that was signed before the Islamic Revolution is consigned to the dustbin.

Its a different ball game to have a Theocracy with thier finger on the nuclear trigger with armagedon its aim to "save" the human race from sin!

Perhaps, but the 3 countries who didn't sign are conspicuous to some degree;they are Israel, Pakistan and India.

Edited by Pakboong

The fact that players like Saudi and Egypt are happy with the nuclear status quo should tell you a lot. They don't think Israel will use their nukes in the current scenario and that is good.

Egypt clearly considers Hamas a threat to their security and toward that end, think they are using Israel to help reel them in. The Saudis are in bed with the US and are stuck with Israel as a result of that particular alliance.

The current Israeli foreign minister, Avigdor Lieberman, suggested that Israel should drop a nuclear bomb in Gaza during the recent genocidal blitz against the blockaded coastal territory.

Curious, I do not seem to be able to find your quotes despite going through thousands of much more mundane ones. Perhaps you can provide a link to him actually saying this? :whistling:

The current Israeli foreign minister, Avigdor Lieberman, suggested that Israel should drop a nuclear bomb in Gaza during the recent genocidal blitz against the blockaded coastal territory.

Curious, I do not seem to be able to find your quotes despite going through thousands of much more mundane ones. Perhaps you can provide a link to him actually saying this? :whistling:

Reading the text it clearly comes from a very radical propaganda source. However, I don't doubt Israeli leaders have said stupidly aggressive things before.

Julieflowers.

What do the dogs have to do with the way you were seen as being the lowest of the low?

Dogs are considered "unclean" in Islam...I guess only step or so above pigs.

But at least they don't have any soi dog problems in Iran (or the Middle East), they've all been stoned to death.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Getting back on topic, I think it's great news that more Iranians are coming. I met a few during my last trip. They were just as focussed on fun & drinks as the next guy, and were having the time of their lives. The more the better I'd say.

Some people who have never even been to Iran should probably withhold judgment until you meet the demographic that actually travel. Those would be the middle class urban types, just like anywhere else.

Welcome!!! :wai:

Getting back on topic, I think it's great news that more Iranians are coming. I met a few during my last trip. They were just as focussed on fun & drinks as the next guy, and were having the time of their lives. The more the better I'd say.

Some people who have never even been to Iran should probably withhold judgment until you meet the demographic that actually travel. Those would be the middle class urban types, just like anywhere else.

Agreed...Persian society/culture is one of the most ancient and learned in the world. Iranians are not Arabs and don't speak Arabic and their history and culture is very different from most of the other peoples of the Middle East. They have also given the world the peaceful religions of Zoroastrianism and Baha'ism...a couple of the most in-offensive religions around [if you could describe l any religion as such] came out of Iran so it is not an inherently violent culture.

So I got no problem with them whooping it up in Pattaya...as long as they bring and spend lots of their petro-dollars with them. Sure, we'll get some younger rowdies like we get from all countries and our "hostility girls" will be happy to show them a good time and we will also get some families looking for a cheap holiday destination. I got no problem with either of them.

Edited by FarangBuddha

If I was in charge of tourism, I wouldn't be atempting to attract Iranians, but I'm not in charge. Middle eastern men do not behave well when out of their own countries (and I suppose that could be argued of a lot), but anybody who pretends to have a faith and then treats women so badly can't be good to have around.

I appreciate that they are not 'that' religion, but stoning is barbaric, and their social attitudes are just not acceptable to others. Men would be screwing anything and everything, something not available to them in their own country.

Edited by F4UCorsair

You can't help where you are born, it is natural to be patriot for your country even if it is ruled by nutcases, and also I am pretty sure a large portion of Iranians are not pro-stoning. Of course many are and it isn't always easy to tell the difference based on surface appearances. I had the same kind of problem when I toured Germany in the 1970's, every old German I saw I couldn't help wondering, what did YOU do in the war?

Edited by Jingthing

Agreed...Persian society/culture is one of the most ancient and learned in the world. Iranians are not Arabs and don't speak Arabic and their history and culture is very different from most of the other peoples of the Middle East. They have also given the world the peaceful religions of Zoroastrianism and Baha'ism...a couple of the most in-offensive religions around [if you could describe l any religion as such] came out of Iran so it is not an inherently violent culture.

So I got no problem with them whooping it up in Pattaya...as long as they bring and spend lots of their petro-dollars with them. Sure, we'll get some younger rowdies like we get from all countries and our "hostility girls" will be happy to show them a good time and we will also get some families looking for a cheap holiday destination. I got no problem with either of them.

Your correct, we should welcome people from all cultures in to this town

With open arms.

Also Pattaya Thai visa section is getting, very, very boring now days.

We so need some new stories in town, and the Iranians will fit the bill

Perfect.

Cant wait for the first pattaya story good or bad. :partytime2::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Julieflowers.

Dogs are dirty as far as Arabs are concerned and we Brits are dirty for keeping them

Not just Arabs, muslims in general

Iranians are not Arabs they are Persians.