Ptt Petrol Station In The Service Station Route 9

ashacat

Hi,

Just a heads up really...

I have now been scammed twice by the PTT petrol station on the out bound service station on route 7 heading towards Chonburi.

Basically I asked for 1500 of petrol but the attendant only put in 1,100 and still asked for 1,500. I noticed on the pump the true value that had been given and told him, he then quickly changed his mind and asked for 1,100.

The same thing happened at the same petrol station about 3 months ago, but on this occasion I only noticed after I had pulled back onto the motorway (the tank should have been full based on the amount I asked for but it was only around 3 quarters full), which is obviously what they hope for.

Avoid this petrol station!!!!!

Out of interest, has anyone else been done like this?

Cheers.

Edited by ashacat

^ I've pumped my own fuel here a few times in Thailand, normally when its busy and I always jump at the chance to do so. It always makes me laugh when they race towards me with that look on their face like I've just commenced brain surgery or something :lol: .

OP, theres a bit of this sort of thing that goes on right around LOS. Personally when it comes to all sorts of transactions I trust nobody. ;)

^ I've pumped my own fuel here a few times in Thailand, normally when its busy and I always jump at the chance to do so. It always makes me laugh when they race towards me with that look on their face like I've just commenced brain surgery or something :lol: .

OP, theres a bit of this sort of thing that goes on right around LOS. Personally when it comes to all sorts of transactions I trust nobody. ;)

When my wife came to the States, the first time she saw me get out of the car and pump it myself, she laughed. She thought I was just being impatient and didn't realize that it is required at most stations in most states.

I had a different scam.

I asked for 1000bht. I got out (cos the staff can't find my petrol cap!!!) standing there I see it roll over 1000bht and tell him to stop. he stops at 1121bht. I tell him I said 1000b he starts whinging saying I said fill the tank. I know three other staff heard be say it but they won't back me up so I say I only have this 1000b in my hand. He complains it will come out of his wage but I have no time for this B/S and leave to play my golf match. a week later when passing I gave them 121bht of diesel in a 5litre water bottle, cos I am not a thief. Idiots like him do my nut it! I was just not up for it that day. all he had to gain was selling me more gas than I asked for. I can't imagine they're on commission so I think it was stupidity rather than a scam to be fair...

I won't miss it, that much if for sure. Twunts.

I had a different scam.

I asked for 1000bht. I got out (cos the staff can't find my petrol cap!!!) standing there I see it roll over 1000bht and tell him to stop. he stops at 1121bht. I tell him I said 1000b he starts whinging saying I said fill the tank. I know three other staff heard be say it but they won't back me up so I say I only have this 1000b in my hand. He complains it will come out of his wage but I have no time for this B/S and leave to play my golf match. a week later when passing I gave them 121bht of diesel in a 5litre water bottle, cos I am not a thief. Idiots like him do my nut it! I was just not up for it that day. all he had to gain was selling me more gas than I asked for. I can't imagine they're on commission so I think it was stupidity rather than a scam to be fair...

That's pathetic. Because of a minor mistake and a trivial inconvenience to you, a gas attendant loses most of his wages for the day. You should be ashamed.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

I had a different scam.

That's pathetic. Because of a minor mistake and a trivial inconvenience to you, a gas attendant loses most of his wages for the day. You should be ashamed.

For sure!!!!

Check your attitude "Idiots like him do my nut" the guy is probably working 12 hours a day pumping gas, so he forgets, fill it up or 1000 baht, sorry this don't make him and idiot.

But your attitude sure says allot about you!!

Here is a scam they tried to pull on me at a Caltex station in Bangkok: I told the attendant to fill it up which he did and he told me it would be B721. I gave him B 1000 and he comes back with a wide assortment of change, both coins and paper. When I counted it I was B20 short. I guess the scam is they figure you're not going to bother to count your change. This happened twice at the same station.

Happens on a regular basis nationwide. Stop so the pump meter is within eyeshot, check that they 'zero' it, and check the final price. Ignore the attendant if he/she says move on forward until the meter is out of sight.

Not rocket science.

I had a different scam.

For sure!!!!

Check your attitude "Idiots like him do my nut" the guy is probably working 12 hours a day pumping gas, so he forgets, fill it up or 1000 baht, sorry this don't make him and idiot.

Partly... but why would he have to pay for the stupidity of others.. In this case i would have paid.. but i don't like the principle of me having to pay up for other people's mistakes

I ran into this one at the Shell station on Srinakerin road by the Samitivet Hostipal...

You pull up to the pump and they keep asking you to move further forward so that you are about level with the 2ns pump. They then go back to the first pump (that its almost impossible to read from in your car). That pump has about 100thb on it from the last motorcycle that filled up.

I got caught on this one time... it seemed really strange why they would have me pull up to the second pump and then stretch the line all the way to my car from the first instead of using the pump right next to my car. Then when I pulled out and realized that my take was not as full as it should be... it finally made sense.

I tend to avoid the station, but then a few months later, I was on fumes and needed to stop there to fill up. They started to do the same thing, but the attendant saw me roling down the window and sticking my head out to get a good look at the rear pump and she quickly told the other attendant, stop... dont use that one, use the first pump... there was thb 100 on the rear pump that they were about to use.

I gave the atttendant a dirty look but that was about it...

I had a different scam.

For sure!!!!

Partly... but why would he have to pay for the stupidity of others.. In this case i would have paid.. but i don't like the principle of me having to pay up for other people's mistakes

I had a different scam.

For sure!!!!

Mr. Apologist, please realise that it is not often stupidity but an attempt to steal. In either case, it is not our responsibility to pay and take it in the ass just to make the thief/stupid person happy and me miserable. screw that!

Yes - but he took the gas with him, without paying up. That is stealing. It really doesn't matter if he brought a can of gas a few days later. A ridiculous gesture.

Mr. Apologist, please realise that it is not often stupidity but an attempt to steal. In either case, it is not our responsibility to pay and take it in the ass just to make the thief/stupid person happy and me miserable. screw that!

In the case of the guy who got the gas and drove off without paying in full there was no attempt to steal. The gas was given. The person got more than he asked for, but still took what was given and didn't pay up. That is stealing. The customer should be reported to the police for theft.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

Yes - but he took the gas with him, without paying up. That is stealing. It really doesn't matter if he brought a can of gas a few days later. A ridiculous gesture.

Sure i don't agree with it.. But if i said 500 and i had only 600 (the 100 if for food that day) and they fill up for 600. Then it would be a problem. (not that this happens to me).

I did get however cheated for 500bt a while back when filling up. My mistake did not check the money i got back good. So i lost 500.

Sure i don't agree with it.. But if i said 500 and i had only 600 (the 100 if for food that day) and they fill up for 600. Then it would be a problem. (not that this happens to me).

I did get however cheated for 500bt a while back when filling up. My mistake did not check the money i got back good. So i lost 500.

Yes and if this was the case I'm sure a solution could be found.

But this was not the case in this instance and the poster just decided to be bloody minded, awkward, and superior while he drove off to play golf with gas he hadn't paid for.

The kind of arrogant behavior that that I hate about many Farang, no wonder the Thais try to get one over on us sometimes.

But this was not the case in this instance and the poster just decided to be bloody minded, awkward, and superior while he drove off to play golf with gas he hadn't paid for.

The kind of arrogant behavior that that I hate about many Farang, no wonder the Thais try to get one over on us sometimes.

And your attitude as an apologist for all manner of stupidity and scams perpetuated by Thais is exactly the sort of thing which makes them think up more and more ways of ripping non Thais off.

By the way, where is this country "Farang" which you come from ?

And your attitude as an apologist for all manner of stupidity and scams perpetuated by Thais is exactly the sort of thing which makes them think up more and more ways of ripping non Thais off.

By the way, where is this country "Farang" which you come from ?

I am not an apologist for all manner of stupidity and scams.

I am referring to only one post.

Not every Thai is out to get us, I don't have a chip on my shoulder and some people deserve what they get.

Farang, Whatever!

:coffee1:

I always buy fuel with my UK credit card. I park up, get out, ask if they take credit cards, and then stand over the attended while he fuels up. Using a credit card means less money I need to bring into the country. Reason for standing over him is to:

1. ensure he puts the right fuel in.
  2. they don't scam me for fuel.
  3. put drugs behind the fuel cover flap.

Then me and the card go to the card machine. Since there all sorts of scams performed at petrol stations, I always need to enter a PIN for the credit card, and I check that they enter the right amount into the machine. Then the print out says no signature required, but no one can read English so I always end up signing it. Invariably I go to modern looking PTTs.

Call me paranoid, but I had not had a problem yet :)

I ran into this one at the Shell station on Srinakerin road by the Samitivet Hostipal...

You pull up to the pump and they keep asking you to move further forward so that you are about level with the 2ns pump. They then go back to the first pump (that its almost impossible to read from in your car). That pump has about 100thb on it from the last motorcycle that filled up.

I got caught on this one time... it seemed really strange why they would have me pull up to the second pump and then stretch the line all the way to my car from the first instead of using the pump right next to my car. Then when I pulled out and realized that my take was not as full as it should be... it finally made sense.

About 100b ??

100b is a few litres, you seem to be very intimate with your fuel gauge to be able to come to the conclusion you had been ripped off.

I tend to avoid the station, but then a few months later, I was on fumes and needed to stop there to fill up. They started to do the same thing, but the attendant saw me roling down the window and sticking my head out to get a good look at the rear pump and she quickly told the other attendant, stop... dont use that one, use the first pump... there was thb 100 on the rear pump that they were about to use.

Wow, she has awesome english skills, interesting there was the same reading of 100b on the pump again........ go figure.

About 100b ??

100b is a few litres, you seem to be very intimate with your fuel gauge to be able to come to the conclusion you had been ripped off.

Wow, she has awesome english skills, interesting there was the same reading of 100b on the pump again........ go figure.

100bt or around that amount is quite normal for a scooter to be filled with. Where i live they usually don't fill the tank but just name an amount and use it. They really did not like it when i said fill my bike up because then they had to calculate more and it cost more time.

I always buy fuel with my UK credit card. I park up, get out, ask if they take credit cards, and then stand over the attended while he fuels up. Using a credit card means less money I need to bring into the country. Reason for standing over him is to:

1. ensure he puts the right fuel in.
  2. they don't scam me for fuel.
  3. put drugs behind the fuel cover flap.

My God, it must be terrible to go through life being that paranoid.

When you get a shirt dry cleaned do you follow them to the machine and stand over them till it's finished in case they put drugs into the pocket?

When you go to the supermarket do you stand over the bag packer in case he puts some heroin in with your cornflakes?

What if you shake hands with someone and he palms some ecstasy tabs to you? Best not shake hands with people, or get a friend to stand over them when you do it.

And be careful in Emporium when buying grapes. The guy at the weigh-in counter could be out to SCAM YOU by putting in the code for seedless grapes rather than the cheaper variety you've selected! And there could be some crack cocaine going in there too - don't forget to stand over him!!

Sheesh.

I must have been incredibly lucky. I've lived here for 15 years and have never had drugs put behind my filler cap, up my exhaust, under my windscreen wipers or anywhere else, and I've bought a lot of petrol in that time! Careless of me not to check though - no idea how I've got away scot-free for so long.