I Need To Legalise A Statement

tijnebijn

Hi all ,

I need to put an autograph under a statement regarding giving my aunty the

power to further finish the financials of my passed grandmother ( may she rest in peace ).

I am in her will , and they need this signed paper from me to handle it , but I have no idea

where in the Chiangmai area I can go to find an authority to see me sign the paper , confirm

it was me , and legalise it .

I'm not sure how to put it different but am in urgent need for some advise .

I know I can do it at the Dutch embassy , but am lazy to go such far , perhaps at

City Hall , the Ampuh , or immigration , are there any notary offices around to be found ,

someone has got any experience with this ?

Thanks in advance .

Hi tijnebijn

I've used a notary public named Mr Thewin a couple of times. He has a rather scruffy-looking law office on the edge of Mee Chok market in Mae Jo, not far from the Rimping store. His phone number is 081 530 9688.

Last time was a few weeks ago, when I needed a copy of a page of my passport notarised. He charged me 500 baht for two signed and stamped copies. Pleasant chap, and understands English well, providing you don't talk at a hundred miles an hour.

That's been my experience, anyway. I have no connection with him except as a customer, blah blah.

Hi tijnebijn

I've used a notary public named Mr Thewin a couple of times. He has a rather scruffy-looking law office on the edge of Mee Chok market in Mae Jo, not far from the Rimping store. His phone number is 081 530 9688.

Last time was a few weeks ago, when I needed a copy of a page of my passport notarised. He charged me 500 baht for two signed and stamped copies. Pleasant chap, and understands English well, providing you don't talk at a hundred miles an hour.

That's been my experience, anyway. I have no connection with him except as a customer, blah blah.

Thanks alot jez56 ,

This is exactly what I needed , what I need is a rather small thing to do , and now my no-

clueness of notary offices has erased cause of you , I thought already they should have .

thanks again , I will call him and have a look on Monday .

Hi tijnebijn

Anyone know one in Pattaya?

Do banks do it?

tijnebijn, you may wish to check with the people requesting the notarized statement from you to see if they will accept a Thai notary. Our U.S. bank required a notarized signature from us and the only notary they'd accept was one licensed in the U.S., which meant a trip to the U.S. consulate to pay their extremely high rates.

tijnebijn, you may wish to check with the people requesting the notarized statement from you to see if they will accept a Thai notary. Our U.S. bank required a notarized signature from us and the only notary they'd accept was one licensed in the U.S., which meant a trip to the U.S. consulate to pay their extremely high rates.

Thanks Nancy ,

But as I can understand from the written letter of the notary back home ,

they will accept notarized statement by a local .

But good you mentioned it , it could have been otherwise .

So I just look now for a notary and get it done , got 1 tip now , any more recommendations anyone ? I stay near the Changklan area .

But the one mentioned will do just fine anyways .

Edited by tijnebijn

Thanks Nancy ,

But as I can understand from the written letter of the notary back home ,

they will accept notarized statement by a local .

But good you mentioned it , it could have been otherwise .

So I just look now for a notary and get it done , got 1 tip now , any more recommendations anyone ? I stay near the Changklan area .

But the one mentioned will do just fine anyways .

Yer but what about Certified Copies for Immigration purposes. In BKK you may have certifiied copies done in Foreign Affairs office. Yet they charge you 400bt for translation and 200bt per certification.

I was advised by another that the local Amphur can certify documents for some Tea Money.

Required to send to the Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra to get my 1yo son a Thai birth certificate, as well as already having his Aussie citizenship for being born in Aussie.

Easier if he a dual citizen as we spend approx 9 months pa in Thai and only 2-3 months back in Aussie now.

Is the local Amphur A-OK to certify Thai documents. Aussie documents needed certified at Aussie Embassy and this is done a near 1000bt per copy. When it free to certify in Aussie. All adds up when you need 10 items certified- rip off trying to get his Birth Cert from Thai Enbassy in Canberra from here. But we nearly got everything certified now and only missing certified local House book of Mum and Mum ID certified- Amphur should do I suspect???? Cheers Jay

:jap: