Rayong Immigration

Just to put it on the record my 5th extension went off today as a perfect 10. "No balls,"" no strikes,"" no errors" and I win. Went in to Rayong Immigration office prepared as I always am and I walked out with my 1 year extension stamp in 30 minutes. I like to make positive reports here as we hear enough negatives. 3 people ahead of me so I waited a few extra minutes. I use the pension letter method from USA Embassy ACS. Letter dated one week ago. TM7 filled in and printed on my printer; photo 4cm x 6cm glued on TM7; Passport; Copy passport photo page; Copy passport visa pages; Copy Departure card; Pension letter (well over 65,000 baht/month) they used 32 baht per dollar to calculate. As I was due for 90 day address report within 12 days they also did the 90 day report for me. Just a piece of cake this year as in every year. I hope others have the same experience.

Reason to edit due to spelling

Edited by longball53098

Congratulations

:clap2:

6P

Prior

Planning

Prevents

Piss

Poor

Performance.

If you have everything required at the 1 time usually it is easy.

I did mine last month at Nakhon Sawan a bit quicker than you because there was nobody in front of me in the queue.

NS is a small office and less than a year old.

Can I assume that Rayong is similar?

Congratulations

:clap2:

6P

Prior

Planning

Prevents

Piss

Poor

Performance.

If you have everything required at the 1 time usually it is easy.

I did mine last month at Nakhon Sawan a bit quicker than you because there was nobody in front of me in the queue.

NS is a small office and less than a year old.

Can I assume that Rayong is similar?

Yes the Rayong office has maybe a total of 10 officers working behind 4 windows and 3 offices. The lady that signed my passport and reviewed my paperwork said she is number 3 in command and does all the extensions and such. Good deal as this place is generally never very busy. In the times I go there for my 90 day and yearly extension I never see more than one or two waiting for extensions or usually no one for the 90 day.

How criticall is to have the embassy letter dated "1 week ago". I will apply for extension of stay based on retirement in a few months and will use an embassy letter from Feb. 2010 and statements from my fund in USA and BKK bank that are currently well above the requird 880,000 bht bench mark. I will do this to cove all the bases but, am wondering now if I might only be covering 1 base if a "dated " embassy letter would be frowned upon. - K

Don't know about this particulair office, but normally if the embassy letter is from the same you in wich you apply it should be OK.

Only the bank letter confirming your saldo needs to be very recent, if you go for he money in the bank option..

In my case this year I got my letter a week before applying so I stated the letter was a week old. I think in reality the pension letter is good for 1 year from date of issue. But this being Thailand and every office following the rules their way I think it best to go to "you're" office and ask them.

For my extension last year my pension letter was dated 3 months prior to the actual application date. In that case I went to the Imm office early and inquired if this letter was acceptable dated that long ago and they replied "no problem" and when I actually applied a few weeks later the letter was accepted "no problem".

I was forced to go to the US ACS in BKK this year to get my letter due to the fact they not scheduled to be in Pattaya for several months and I missed the last visit.