Can I Still Keep My Marriage Visa With New Boi Work Permit

Hi All,

Just need a bit of clarification if anyone can help.

My company is in the process of applying for BOI status in Thailand and I just wanted to find out if I need to change visa's. I am currently using a one year marriage visa with work permit for the current company but when my work permit is changed to over to the new BOI company work permit will I have to change my current visa to a BOI visa or can I just stay on my marriage visa.

Any advice or experiences regarding this matter would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

My experience is that the location of the employer also is a factor

If your employer is based on an Industrial Estate different rules apply

And mostly these are BOI companies.

In that case one cannot get a work permit on marriage visa but only

on NON-B...

If outside the Industrial Estate it is possible.

Edited by jumbo

I believe you are on a one year extension of stay rather than a visa so there is no need for any change as long as you can still qualify.

Yes I am on a one year extension of stay due to being married and I have a work permit. So Lopburi3 you think I would not need to change my extension of stay status due to being married and all I would need is the new BOI work permit?

And yes I know it’s a nightmare to be actually accepted for BOI and you have to jump through many hoops but I don’t have a choice - I just would like to keep my current status as being in Thailand because I am married and not have to change to a BOI one year visa.

I believe Jumbo made a good point in post 2.

Why don't you contact them:

Particular Services for extension of temporary stay, Notification of address every 90 days, Re-entry Permit, Visa Issuing and Changing type of Visa , could be provided only for foreigners carrying out duties relating to the specific law : Immigration Act , Proleum Act / Board of Investment Act / Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act.

Contact at One-Stop Service Center for Visas and Work Permits At Chamchuri Square Building

Tel. 0-2209 1100

Office hour: Mon-Fri 8:30 - 12.00 and 13.00 - 16:30

Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS

Location ;

18th Floor, Chamchuri Square Building, Phayathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330.