English Commentary On True

gennisis

During last weekends football I found that on the HD channel 111 the english commentators were being drowned out by an over Thai commentary but the same match and the same timing on channel 101 had the normal clear english commentators.

Since I invested in the HD channel simply for football, I feel that the reverse should be....ie Channel 101 for the poor with a Thai commentator and channel 111 for the afluent having the englsh commentators;)

I was also surprised to see John Dykes on the HD build-up prior to the match....has ESPN sacked him??

John Dykes left ESPN during the summer to join the Premier League TV company. This is the company that provides the overseas feeds that Thailand uses. He, and his pundits replace the stuff that the Premier League used to fill the half-time with. There's also a pre-match show and and a post-match show but True, of course don't show them (at least not on the non-HD channels).

Since he left ESPN none of the football related shows, Football Focus, Football Forecast, or First Edition seem to be broadcast anymore.

Edited by delboy

John Dykes left ESPN during the summer to join the Premier League TV company. This is the company that provides the overseas feeds that Thailand uses. He, and his pundits replace the stuff that the Premier League used to fill the half-time with. There's also a pre-match show and and a post-match show but True, of course don't show them (at least not on the non-HD channels).

Since he left ESPN none of the football related shows, Football Focus, Football Forecast, or First Edition seem to be broadcast anymore.

There's a new show on ESPN on Monday nights called the Monday Night Verdict. Seems much the same as the discontinued Football Focus but without Dykes. The rest of the gang were still there though.

Welcome back Alfie, I presume ya back anyway........Back on topic I watched the HD channel both nights and never heard a word of Thai, even at half time you got John Dykes and co rather than the three (un)wise monkeys.

Alfies back for a well deserved rest.... was going to post from blighty but afraid i might have fallen asleep on the keyboard after my 12 hour days grafting :angry: .