New Pizza House In Pattaya

Pongpat

NY pizzas' are famous?? Where? In NY?

EVERYWHERE!

http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/30/news/midcaps/pizza_fsb_1205/index.htm

italian pizza

ผลการค้นหาประมาณ 8,970,000 รายการ (0.17 วินาที)

new york pizza

ผลการค้นหาประมาณ 31,100,000 รายการ (0.09 วินาที)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York-style_pizza

BTW, I'm sure your proper English pizza is ever so lovely, but you're not going to find a LONDON PIZZA chain in Siberia, now are you?

post-37101-041326500 1282425016_thumb.jp

forgetaboutit !

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares if it's NY pizza or Shanghai pizza or whatever! If you like to eat pizza and the place makes a pizza that tastes good to you the eater than other people's opinion really don't amount to a hill of beans at that point.

I thank the OP for bringing this place to the "table" so others may try it and make up their own mind if it's good or not. I certainly will give it a try as for me I have found very few pizzas in Pattaya that have the taste I like. :D

:rolleyes:

Oh, and don't forget Scottish pizza.

Haggis pizza.

post-37101-015728600 1282426165_thumb.jp

Will it catch on?

(Let me check ... never.)

This type of gimmicky pizza is not representative of true Scottish pizza.

For the real thing take a cheap supermarket frozen pizza fold in half and deep fry until crispy on the outside and soft and gooey in the middle. Served with chips naturally and preferred on a cold rainy january evening after at least six pints of beer.

Under these conditions it tastes great.

I must admit though its nearly 20 years since I ate this 'delicacy'....:D

For the real thing take a cheap supermarket frozen pizza fold in half and deep fry until crispy on the outside and soft and gooey in the middle. Served with chips naturally and preferred on a cold rainy january evening after at least six pints of beer.

Shouldn't the chips be fried inside the pizza - not enough calories otherwise. :D

Shouldn't the chips be fried inside the pizza - not enough calories otherwise. :D

No no UG that would make it a calzone which is of course entirely different.

Now I have your attention I'll add my vote for wood fired italian pizza with olives capers buffalo mozzarella and fresh tomato. Where's brit? We can have another 20 page thread!

Tried the delivery last night, they said 30 or 40 mins, I would say it arrived in about 15. Delvery guy phoned for fine details of our location, turned out he was at the back door. I am no Pizza expert but the taste, content and presentation were certainly as good or better than the others I have tried and it was hot.

I had Pepperoni 220 Baht (plenty of meat), Wife had Anchovie 250 Baht ( I tried a slice, very good), Daughter had Hawaian 250 Baht ( all gone before I had a chance to sample !!), all medium size, delivery 30 Baht.

On the menu flyer they do say delivery 30 Baht in Pattaya, Jomtiem and Siam Country Road, Minimum order 250 Baht.

Wow, I'm impressed TropicalBert's. I wish more board sponsors had your attitude and encouraged and contributed to honest discussion of valuable information on this board. It puts your business in a good light and makes me much more likely to visit your place. Well done.

Now I have your attention I'll add my vote for wood fired italian pizza with olives capers buffalo mozzarella and fresh tomato. Where's brit? We can have another 20 page thread!

:clap2:

that is pizza. Everything else is tomato cake.

:D Now that's a good laugh.

I'm gonna try this place. Pizza Big--recently tried a veggie pizza (which used to be good) and discovered the veggies had degenerated into mostly onions & some mushrooms with a whiff of tomato here 'n' there. I was not happy; felt ripped off too.

I still say that Hofbrau on Beach Rd. between Soi Post Office and Soi Yamato has about the best pizza around, and you can also order some o' their fine (relatively speaking, for this area) lager with it.

I am also down on Pizza Big. Last time I was there -- not big, not very good, and to top it all off totally BURNT. I have only had a calzone at Hofbrau but have to admit it was pretty good. I don't like the vibe there, too touristy for my taste.

Edited by Jingthing

I am also down on Pizza Big. Last time I was there -- not big, not very good, and to top it all off totally BURNT. I have only had a calzone at Hofbrau but have to admit it was pretty good. I don't like the vibe there, too touristy for my taste.

Food and beer is quite good indeed. I personally hate those 100s of TV sets with reruns of Mr. Bean and funniest animal home videos.

I just finished eating New York Pizza. My favorite used to be Pizza by Yanhee but NY is my new spot. I live on the darkside and directions here are a bit complex. I decided to head over there and order take out. I ordered a pepperoni and hamburger large. I think the best thing about the pizza is the crust. It just really has that US pizza taste about it. They give you plenty of toppings to choose from and load the pizza down with them.

Location UTM 47 P 705042 1432849

post-20661-030387600 1282565204_thumb.jp

post-20661-038409900 1282565263_thumb.jp

Guess I'll have to go and give it a go. Right now I use a place near to Soi Xcite don't think it even has a name beyond Italy Pizza or some such but they have a wood fired oven and thy make Italian style pizza. Thin crispy/chewy with a light smattering of topping.. Same as I don't like my pasta drenched in sauce I prefer pizza to just have one or two toppings plus tomato sauce. I really think the simple approach is better.. The mass market pizzas, deep pan or thincrust are all either too soggy or dripping with too much goo. Fresh mozzarella, Anchovies and olive or Italian sausage and onion or just mozzaralla and basil are great. Been working for an Italian Company for last 10 years so got used to their 'less is more' idea.. Or maybe the catering dept were just cheapos ?

OK, I know y'all have been waiting in an-tiss-ah-pay-shun for my "review" of this new place, so here goes nothing ...

First of all, it is never a good idea to have your expectations too high when going to a new place. I am afraid that overall the place did NOT meet my high expectations, but I still like it, and will go back.

The gory (gooey) details --

Pizza

Had the New York Pizza

Large ฿295, Medium ฿220

Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella

Cheese, Pepperoni, Garlic.

The topping taste was creamy cheesy and delicious. The garlic in my opinion was Thai paste type garlic, the exact same kind of strong paste you would get if you ordered a Thai dish like pork with garlic. I feel this was an overwhelming taste for this pizza, not at all authentic, but still tasted good. I was looking for an authentic taste, their garlic version made that not happen. To avoid this issue in future, can just avoid garlic as an ingredient. Don't get me wrong, I love garlic, it was their Thai style preparation of garlic I have an issue with.

The crust. A little surprising. I didn't love it as much as others here. Overall I still found it pleasant, but I can't rave. I think you can call out a crust type to them (thin, med, thick) but I decided to just let them cook as they felt right. It came between medium and thick, definitely not a New York CITY style crust, but they don't claim to be CITY, they call it N.Y. STATE. The flavor was good. It was somehow for me not crispy enough and a little too doughy. I am pretty sure those who love the Italian crispy cracker style would hate that crust.

What do you know? I also tried the so called Buffalo New York style chicken wings. My impression -- the wings themselves were more like drumettes and cooked very well, a little bit crispy, not greasy. The sauce, ordered HOT (their hottest on offer) was SUBSTANDARD. To my chilihead palate it was not hot at all, and even worse the most dominant flavor in the sauce was SUGAR. I am sorry - YUCK!!!! Was able to spice up with some US imported hot sauce they have available, that saved the dish from disaster. Also note no cheese dip or celery served with the wings. How they can call what they served Buffalo New York style wings with a straight face is beyond me. They really failed on that dish. They are more like Thai style chicken wings. BTW, they do not use imported sauce, they make their own sugary dip. If you want great wings in town with real imported sauce try the Great American Rib Company; I suggest the SUICIDE SAUCE option.

Anyway, the pizza is good. I think among the best in town. Not ready to christen it the best though.

Bone Appetweet (sic)

Edited by Jingthing

New York pizza is world famous.

:cheesy:

I think it's the very first time I hear the expression "new York Pizza" !

Please, stop thinking that NY is the World, or even that USA is the World... ;)

NY pizzas' are famous?? Where? In NY?

Only see your mesage now, but yes, exactly that :D

EVERYWHERE!

Everywhere ? But you only give American links... :rolleyes:

I sometimes saw pictures of "American Pizza". Nothing to see with a real pizza.

For me real pizza are the ones you find in Italia, south of France, and some other Mediterranean countries.

I want to bump this thread (not to argue with the silly people who think pizza belongs only to Italy, they are mostly just knee jerk America bashers anyway) but to hear more reviews from people who have tried/will try this new place. You SHOULD try it, they do have good pizza. My review was based on one experience with one particular variety of pizza. I would like to hear other impressions of the place. It is definitely a welcome addition to the pizza scene in town and especially Naklua (where Pizza Big has arguably gone downhill). Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

If this is the same place as the one on Thong Lo in BKK i'd give it a pass. ate there once and never went back. not good.

I don't think they are related in any way. No mention on their website and I think the names of the businesses are not the same either.

As said before New York style pizza is world famous, so you will find pizza businesses all over the world referring to New York in their names.

Edited by Jingthing

I want to bump this thread (not to argue with the silly people who think pizza belongs only to Italy, they are mostly just knee jerk America bashers anyway) but to hear more reviews from people who have tried/will try this new place. You SHOULD try it, they do have good pizza. My review was based on one experience with one particular variety of pizza. I would like to hear other impressions of the place. It is definitely a welcome addition to the pizza scene in town and especially Naklua (where Pizza Big has arguably gone downhill). Cheers.

I tried it and ordered the same pizza that you did Jing. I did ask for thin crust and was happy with the pizza. The staff was very friendly and understood my order, important in a pizza place. Large was like a medium in America, but not a bad pizza. Garlic was strong but I like garlic.