Can'T Access Us Dmv Site

tajartale

I get an error message when I try to access the dmv website for the state of virginia. Is this because of TOT/somebody in Thailand? Or is it a security measure from the US?

The error states: "The security policy for your network prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your administrator if you feel this is incorrect."

Same in several different browsers.

Getting the same.

There is no world outside of the USA it would seem and they are blocking access would be my guess, likely based on location or that they are closed for business. Try again during normal work hours there and if still blocked try having someone with a US IP address try. Perhaps they can take care of what you need to do.

Just opened it using dial-up Loxinfo and then Pacnet in IE and Chrome

opens everywhere without problem and certainly different IP addresses.

could the problem have something to do with firewall or browser security settings?

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

It is a 403 coming from www.dmv.state.va.us itself. This may be because we have an IP that www.dmv.state.va.us doesn't like...

martin@OUR-SERVER ~> wget www.dmv.state.va.us

--2010-08-23 18:19:06-- http://www.dmv.state.va.us/

Resolving www.dmv.state.va.us... 206.113.143.4

Connecting to www.dmv.state.va.us|206.113.143.4|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden

2010-08-23 18:19:08 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

Edited by siamect

Site opens fine....I'm on TOT here in Bangkok....I use the TOT DNS as my primary DSN and Google DNS for my secondary.

What IP does TOT's DNS give you?

nslookup www.dmv.state.va.us

Edited by siamect

Site opens fine....I'm on TOT here in Bangkok....I use the TOT DNS as my primary DSN and Google DNS for my secondary.

What IP does TOT's DNS give you?

nslookup www.dmv.state.va.us

Name: www.dmv.state.va.us

Address: 206.113.143.4

I'm on a TOT package and from checking out my IP for gee-whizs sometimes I noticed it is always in the 118 or 125 series...changes daily. Today I have a 125 series dynamic IP address and get the 403 error msg.can not reach the site; yesterday I could reach the site no problem as mentioned above...maybe yesterday I had a 118 series dynamic IP.

I'm on a TOT package and from checking out my IP for gee-whizs sometimes I noticed it is always in the 118 or 125 series...changes daily. Today I have a 125 series dynamic IP address and get the 403 error msg.can not reach the site; yesterday I could reach the site no problem as mentioned above...maybe yesterday I had a 118 series dynamic IP.

Ok, today my IP address is a 118 series again and I can reach the DMV site again.

OK, today my IP address is a 125 series and I can not reach the DMV site...I get the 403 error message. Since a TOT customer's IP address changes every 24 hours (and my IP address switches between 118 and 125 series) I guess the VA DMV site would be a "I can reach it every other day web site."

I've turned off/reset my modem a few times on the day I have a 125 series to see if a 118 series might be issued but only a slightly different 125 series was re-issued and I still couldn't reach the DMV web site. This seems to indicate TOT also has some type of system as to what series of IP addresses are issued to a customer (i.e., if you had a 118 series yesterday, today you get a 125 series, and then back to a 118 series the following day, etc). Guess this can help to explain why a person can have intermittent problems in reaching certain web sites who block access from certain parts of the world.

Edited by Pib