Homepro

Now as we all know the staff at HomePro can at best be a bit useless,,,,,well not always. After my water pump broke in my bar on Saturday, i went to the independant shop,,( i try to use independants, why should Lotus etc get all the money) so being Sunday they were closed, so now i am left with another day of no water,,toilets and glasses to clean,,,and toilets that need flushing and me needing showering. So i return to the independant today, explained my dilemma,,to which i was told they have no staff,,,and this is my problem How ??? so i ask when will you have staff, i have more than 100 glasses to clean, toilets full of all sorts that need cleaning, and i open in 3 hrs,,,no have staff,,,when will you have,,,I don't know was the reply,,,,so being vey tired as we had lots of fun and i didn't close till 6am,,felt the lava rising,,so left,,,where where where to go???? Bugger HomePro it is then. So geared up for a use less seller etc,,,,,well i was met by 2 of the most helpful (in there way )assistants i have had the pleasure to meet in Homepro.

Now don't get me wrong it took an hour to buy a new pump, and organise instalation,,,but guys they were really trying,,so i didn't really care,,they allowed me to lie on one of the beds , bought me water,,and got it sorted to my 100% satisfaction,,,,so maybe if we gave them a break sometimes the results may be better,,,and as promised 4pm,,,and the guys are outside fitting the pump as i write. So a big big Thankyou to HomePro and NU and PA. Happy days ,,now off to clean the bogs as i have no staff LOL

• Like 1

I am in a similar position with the house pump on its "last legs" . I went to HomePro a few days back and although the staff recommended a replacement unit they couldn't help with a technician/tradesman to install and I lost interest , particularly with the municiple water being better now , but it will need replacing before long.

Out of interest , how much did the package cost ? (pump & installation if charged seperately). Did the technician actually work for HomePro or did thet recommend a tradesman for you ?

Any info much appreciated.

Congratulations on a Job Well Done, I have had good experiences with them as well in the time I have bought my condo. I could not get anyone at Juristic to help me and trying to hire people even with an advertisement on this site I could not get help so Homepro did get my water heater replaced and got people to install my Samsung keyless lock and regular lock.

Get Showerking to install a new stall shower. Sell me tools and helped me since I am not a mechanic but with their help i was able to install a few items in the bathrooms and kitchen. All in all I glad to hear you had good luck with them as well.

The first person who wrote you about SHOULD Have gone there first, I never understand why people have to Should on people who write here. Could have sounds so much better and the wind up is you helped yourself and maybe someone else by being honest and sharing your experience with us so thank you for that. I have an issue that I will post now and risk being abused by some no it all that feel superior beating up on some of us who do not know it all and are asking for help. Cheers.

I had a happy experience at Homepro the other month as well.....albeit very brief....I explained what I wanted ...they said "No have." and directed me to a shop which could help. Took 2 mins....almost unheard of....no frustration or upset....yep I'm busy thinking up what to ask them next time to fox 'em....:whistling:

I'd generally agree with Home Pro's service is good (except TV department, where they follow you around like a shadow, even after saying " just looking".... that drives me crazy! But other departments usually helpful & don't annoy you!

Home Mart Maenam, Supot Electric, & Sirisen.... I find excellent for service too, usually can do delivery or what ever "right now".:D

Generally I find service at a number of local stores far better than most "western stores" certainly Canadian ones anyway.

We took an expensive office chair back last week due to one of the legs cracking causing the chair to 'lean over' and to potentially collapse. The chair was purchased within the last 8 months therefore under warranty however we did return the item to the store with the wrong receipt as everything we have bought comes with a Thai Invoice only so we picked the wrong one!

I would like to report an excellent and attentive response to our return but sadly not, complete disinterest and attempted fob off with 'discontinued model' from the warranty supervisor.

Requests to speak to a Manager were refused as was the request for a manager or supervisor company email address, the chair was left with them with the promise they would sms us an email address so we may scan and send the correct receipt and lodge a claim for repair/replacement/refund........ two weeks and still waiting :angry:

The staff at HomePro have always been pleasant and tried to be helpful for me. However, all of the small appliances I have ever purchased there (so far) have failed after less than a year or at most a couple of years. I have never been able to benefit from any of the warranties each of those appliances have had. The worst example of the kinds of problems I've had (not a warranty problem and probably not even a HomePro problem) was when I lost the rubber gasket on a Moulinex blender. They could not sell me a replacement (said it was not offered by manufacturer). Replacing the container part (which would have the gasket included) without the motor cost almost as much as buying a complete new blender on sale. Some very smart people somewhere are figuring out ways to benefit from my buying choices. :annoyed: However, the granite mortar and pestle set I bought from the guy by the side of the road still works like a charm (and I know where to get a new pestle if I drop mine - just not where to get a new toe).:D

sorry but i find home pro shocking at times. most on the stuff is only for desplay and the don't have the item that u want in stock.

also i don't even bother to browse the tv section as for the fact that people stalk me.

as for past previos problems. will have to wait for another date. too many !

• 5 months later...

I recently purchased a new Samsung 55" LED TV, at Home Pro. One of the factors in my choice was the service that I have previously had there was fairly good. This time, I was told that I would get a free electric grill, worth 2,100 baht, with this purchase, if I bought something else, to assure that the purchase would be at least 60,000bt. When the TV was delivered they did not deliver the grill. Surprise, surprise. We went in today, to collect our grill and was told that they no longer had them. When we pressed them on it, they said they had all been returned to Bangkok. We asked what they could do for us, and they said that they did not owe us the grill since we used a non-Thai credit card to buy the TV. This was never mentioned at the time we paid for it. Now they mention it. I asked to speak to the manager, and she said the same thing. When I mentioned that I had spent nearly 600K baht there, in the past 5 years, that did not seem to make a difference either. After 20 minutes of a fareng tirade, they brought out a toaster, which looked as if it had been sitting outdoors for a month. The box was yellowed and the water had been leaking into the box, and the toaster had stains, and spots all over it. It really seemed like a booby prize. They really did a good job of making me feel like a chump. The amazing thing was that all of the customer service personnel were wearing "service excellence" badges on their blouses, and when I pointed this out to them, they all gave me blank looks. When they asked what I wanted, I said "service excellence". It fell on deaf ears. I am really going to make an effort to avoid this store, in the future. Wow did this exchange leave a bitter taste in my mouth. The name of the manager who offered no customer service whatsoever was

XXXXXXX She needs to lose her job. This outfit needs to learn what real customer service is. They obviously have no idea whatsoever.

Edited by Rooo
Deleted name.

I've been living in the Middle East for the past 5 years working with various nationalites and going through daily life trying to get things done as you would do in your home country.

After reading many posts on this forum over the past year or so I've found it interesting to read about the constant frustrations and battles people have......sometimes just to get the simplest thing done or fair play. I've realised how similar it is in the Middle East. There are countless occassions where I've just given up, hung up, walked out, walked away, spat the dummy or just laughed in pure disbelief.

Maybe it is our Western expectation conditioning.

As a personal positive, I've been well trained for my move to Samui B)

I recently purchased a new Samsung 55" LED TV, at Home Pro. One of the factors in my choice was the service that I have previously had there was fairly good. This time, I was told that I would get a free electric grill, worth 2,100 baht, with this purchase, if I bought something else, to assure that the purchase would be at least 60,000bt. When the TV was delivered they did not deliver the grill. Surprise, surprise. We went in today, to collect our grill and was told that they no longer had them. When we pressed them on it, they said they had all been returned to Bangkok. We asked what they could do for us, and they said that they did not owe us the grill since we used a non-Thai credit card to buy the TV. This was never mentioned at the time we paid for it. Now they mention it. I asked to speak to the manager, and she said the same thing. When I mentioned that I had spent nearly 600K baht there, in the past 5 years, that did not seem to make a difference either. After 20 minutes of a fareng tirade, they brought out a toaster, which looked as if it had been sitting outdoors for a month. The box was yellowed and the water had been leaking into the box, and the toaster had stains, and spots all over it. It really seemed like a booby prize. They really did a good job of making me feel like a chump. The amazing thing was that all of the customer service personnel were wearing "service excellence" badges on their blouses, and when I pointed this out to them, they all gave me blank looks. When they asked what I wanted, I said "service excellence". It fell on deaf ears. I am really going to make an effort to avoid this store, in the future. Wow did this exchange leave a bitter taste in my mouth. The name of the manager who offered no customer service whatsoever was

XXXXXXX She needs to lose her job. This outfit needs to learn what real customer service is. They obviously have no idea whatsoever.

There is a topic somewhere on this forum called " Homepro (fessional) liars".I think it was started with a reason.

Oh my god 1 bad experience at Home Pro I've had nothing but excellent service from them. You have spent 600k any complaint's before.

For the most part, I have had good service also. But, it is the after sale stuff that counts. The fact that a salesperson is helping you when you want to buy is good, but what about afterwards? I find that oftentimes in Thailand if it is a very straightforward service issue, like a warranty issue, no problem. If it is something slightly out of the ordinary, they have no idea what to do. There are a hundred things they could have done to satisfy me. I am not a difficult consumer, at all. But, they did all the wrong things. They did nothing to attempt to satisfy me, in any way. I felt like a real chump when I walked out of there. Do anything, but do not humiliate the consumer. What does that accomplish? You can make light of this all you want, but that does not change a thing. I am a dissatisfied customer.

Fortunately, there is a happy ending to this story. Apparently, after receiving the comments that I sent through the homepro website, to the main office, the top brass called samui, and really ripped into the manager. She called us and offered us a free microwave, to make it up to us. A very pleasant surprise, and an encouraging sign that we do have some influence here, if we speak up, speak loudly enough, and are able to access the right people. One of the few times I have ever had a Thai person apologize for a job poorly done.

Is anyone else out there fed up of the Lies, Lies and dam_n Lies from the people in Homepro (and others) electrical departments?

With all of the power surges and outages I have to buy larger electrical items fairly often for the villas that I look after. The latest one was replacing a Fridge/ Freezeer (Saturday).

Went into Homepro - there on the stand the exact model that I want (direct replacement). I ask the asistant for- "one of these please".

Assistant says "Buy this other one - better".

I say - "Not better - more expensive. No thank you - I want this one please".

He says "This one have extra things look".

I say "No thank you - wrong colour AND more expensive AND not the same AND I do not want extra things. I would like this one please".

He says "No Stock" (without checking).

I say "OK - I go Tesco" and he chases me out of the door asking me to come back.

Go to Tesco -same blxxdy script. (But the fridge was 1,000 baht cheaper.)

I get the same thing - no stock, this one better, this one bigger etc. I explain very politely that I will take the one on display. They point out that it is already one year old and had a dent in one side. I do not care - I want this one.

Eventuall they go and get one from stock. One hour wasted. Aaaaaaarghhhh. :annoyed: