Ex-Thai PM Thaksin Quits As Cambodia's Economics Adviser

webfact

Methinks someone sat down with HS and explained that his relationship with TS (which was only yet another ploy for putting more zeros on his asset balance) was about to send the country to war, and it was one of those rare moments in his life when he had to consider the well-being of others.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so he has quit there - must be side stepping for something else - who told the 200 or so red shirts to walk up and down walking street in Chiangmai at the weekend shouting and carrying on scaring all the tourists who are here for the first time - AND GUESS WHAT - NO POLICE TO BE SEEN ANYWHERE!!! No suprise there i here everyone say

Scaring tourists ? Are there still some left up north ?

As a matter of fact, there ARE.

Of course the 4 and 5 stars are empty, but we have plenty young families and back packers, mainly Europeans, and some guest houses report better business than the same period last year.

And, contrary to scare mongering and extreme leftist remarks in the CM section, reliable eye witnesses report that there was no intimidation and certainly no bad behaviour or "tourist scaring" in Walking Street on Sunday.

I have very limited sympathy with the reds (except those who have genuinely lost family members), but please let's all be real?!!!

Yes. I live on Loikroh Rd. in Chiangmai and the tourists are back. Cannot speak for all of the 5-star hotels but Duang Tawan Hotel near the night bazaar appears to be doing ok. Lots of tour groups. Another indicator may be that Bangkok Air ticket prices between BKK and CNX have gone back through the roof.

noppadum.jpg

Thaksin's Legal Advisor: Thaksin Quit Cambodian Post Voluntarily

The legal adviser to the self-exiled former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra says his client stepped down as Cambodia's economic adviser in order to help ease the conflicts between Thailand and Cambodia.

Noppadon Pattama, a legal adviser to ousted former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, confirmed reports that his client was resigning as Cambodia's economic adviser.

He said it was Thaksin's own wish to give up the post, as he had difficulties fulfilling his advisory position.

Noppadon noted that the ex-premier has a lot of businesses to deal with and has to travel frequently.

The lawyer went on to say that Thaksin is not giving many interviews these days for fear that his messages could be misrepresented by his rivals, and that he hasn't made any moves recently because he wants to give the Thai government time to deal with the country's problems.

He denied that the Cambodian monarch had ordered Thaksin to step down from the post, and stressed that the multi-millionaire made the decision on his own and voluntarily quit his post to help ease diplomatic tensions between Thailand and Cambodia.

TAN - August 24, 2010

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/tan/ViewData.aspx?DataID=1033840

noppadum.jpg

The legal adviser to the self-exiled former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra says his client stepped down as Cambodia's economic adviser in order to help ease the conflicts between Thailand and Cambodia.

Noppadon Pattama, a legal adviser to ousted former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, confirmed reports that his client was resigning as Cambodia's economic adviser.

He said it was Thaksin's own wish to give up the post, as he had difficulties fulfilling his advisory position.

Noppadon noted that the ex-premier has a lot of businesses to deal with and has to travel frequently.

The lawyer went on to say that Thaksin is not giving many interviews these days for fear that his messages could be misrepresented by his rivals, and that he hasn't made any moves recently because he wants to give the Thai government time to deal with the country's problems.

He denied that the Cambodian monarch had ordered Thaksin to step down from the post, and stressed that the multi-millionaire made the decision on his own and voluntarily quit his post to help ease diplomatic tensions between Thailand and Cambodia.

TAN - August 24, 2010

"voluntarily quit his post to help ease diplomatic tensions between Thailand and Cambodia"

The man is all heart,brought a lump to my throat!

noppadum.jpg

TAN - August 24, 2010

"voluntarily quit his post to help ease diplomatic tensions between Thailand and Cambodia"

Now waiting for spin from Robert A. ;)

PTP may win a majority again next time round, but beware that the international community will be watching for 'irregularities'. K. Thaksin pardoned and returning? Just the way to start war among Thai, I think. Already his 'honest mistake' accepted 8-7 by a court in 2001 was a disgrace, a pardon now would just serve to show people you can get away with almost anything in Thailand. Forget democracy, just take what you want and do it now. Look in that mirror, I'd say.

As for your last few lines, unnecessary insults. No need for that.

war would start? - what is it now, peace?

'show people you can get away with anything in Thailand'? - politicians military and police leaders have for decades and got rich - it's already been 'shown to people' for long, long time

Thaksin is not the factory he's just one of the products. Before he was ever known there were others like him. always will be.

forget democracy! a Nation with no free speech cannot call itself 'democracy'

PTP may win a majority again next time round, but beware that the international community will be watching for 'irregularities'. K. Thaksin pardoned and returning? Just the way to start war among Thai, I think. Already his 'honest mistake' accepted 8-7 by a court in 2001 was a disgrace, a pardon now would just serve to show people you can get away with almost anything in Thailand. Forget democracy, just take what you want and do it now. Look in that mirror, I'd say.

As for your last few lines, unnecessary insults. No need for that.

war would start? - what is it now, peace?

'show people you can get away with anything in Thailand'? - politicians military and police leaders have for decades and got rich - it's already been 'shown to people' for long, long time

Thaksin is not the factory he's just one of the products. Before he was ever known there were others like him. always will be.

forget democracy! a Nation with no free speech cannot call itself 'democracy'

K. Thaksin was not the only one, but started to get the worst of them all. He threatened various local newspapers and editors in his last years here. I don't mwean to say to forget about all other cases, just that pardoning Thaksin would be a very bad example.

As for democracy and free speech, even in the West war-mongering and hate-speech is not tolerated. There the PTV channel would have been blocked before the Thai government did it. I've seen and heard months of it, not really advocating peaceful protest.

noppadum.jpg

TAN - August 24, 2010

spinz.gif

spinz.gif

Not quiet what I had in mind, but you got close :lol:

Thanks it certainly improved my otherwise dull day. Rainy season is not my favorite time of the year.

Amsterdam along with other assorted Thaksin acolytes is probably wondering where the money is going to be coming from now that Thaksin is not able to loot the Cambodian treasury .

Amsterdam along with other assorted Thaksin acolytes is probably wondering where the money is going to be coming from now that Thaksin is not able to loot the Cambodian treasury .

Thaksin just got a fresh infusion of 30 Billion Baht:

That should extend Amsterdam's retainer for at least a couple more months.

Most falangs in CM have lots of sympathy with the reds. So you prefer the Amata over the prae, right?

Prae, Schmae ...

CM "far-langs" like the reds, huh? OK, I have a proposal for you. Next time they can do a Chiang Mai Burning instead of a Bangkok Burning, how about that. What, you don't like crapping in your own house?

You may scathe away at the reds, but lets not forget who started this whole disruptive demonstration game. The yellow shirts and the closing of the airport. Millions of tourists and business customers were severely inconvenienced and this massively affected tourism and the companies reputation.

For sure, the red retaliation was akin to a child throwing a rock at the kid who hit him with a stick, and 2 wrongs don't make a right - but it was the pathetic yellows who started the whole meltdown.

Jingthing - It seems you have a case of jaundice.

You may scathe away at the reds, but lets not forget who started this whole disruptive demonstration game.

Yes, lets not forget who started this whole disruptive demonstration game a year and half before the airport:

2007riot.jpg

Hearing Set for 2007 Red-shirt Protest Case

The Criminal Court has scheduled October 5 for a hearing against red-shirt leaders in the case of the July 2007 protest at the house of the Privy council president.

Three red-shirt leaders, namely Nutthawut Saikua, Weng Tojirakarn, and Wiputhalaeng Patthanaphumthai, were taken from the Bangkok Remand Prison to the Criminal Court for a hearing into their alleged roles in the chaos at the residence of Privy Council President General Prem Tinsulanonda in July 2007.

You may scathe away at the reds ...

Thank you for your permission. BTW, there is absolutely NO EQUIVALENCY between the previous yellow actions and the reds descent into violent terrorism. Most of Thailand understands that now. And no, I am not pro yellow, just a realist.

News from Cambodia:

Phnom Penh Post - August 27, 2010

Thaksin's advisory role caused economic woes

ANALYSTS this week have rightly focused on the political damage that followed Thaksin Shinawatra’s controversial appointment as economic advisor to Prime Minister Hun Sen in October. Ironically though, the resulting economic fallout was in many ways equally severe.

Council for the Development of Cambodia data showed that approved investments from Thailand shrank from US$178 million in the first half of 2009, to just $2 million in the first six months of this year.

During the same period Cambodia’s exports to Thailand plummeted 50 percent, according to media reports, a decline far worse than recorded with any of the Kingdom’s other main trading partners, a fact that Cambodian officials themselves have acknowledged.

Continues:

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/index.php/2010082741599/Business/thaksins-advisory-role-caused-economic-woes.html

News from Cambodia:

Phnom Penh Post - August 27, 2010

Thaksin's advisory role caused economic woes

ANALYSTS this week have rightly focused on the political damage that followed Thaksin Shinawatra's controversial appointment as economic advisor to Prime Minister Hun Sen in October. Ironically though, the resulting economic fallout was in many ways equally severe.

Council for the Development of Cambodia data showed that approved investments from Thailand shrank from US$178 million in the first half of 2009, to just $2 million in the first six months of this year.

During the same period Cambodia's exports to Thailand plummeted 50 percent, according to media reports, a decline far worse than recorded with any of the Kingdom's other main trading partners, a fact that Cambodian officials themselves have acknowledged.

Continues:

http://www.phnompenh...nomic-woes.html

Thaksin is a pimp - he uses his whores until they are worn out or broken, then he throws them away and finds a new one to use. Look at the people he has used and thrown away, in his naked pursuit of power and greed.

The sooner he's gone, the better the world will be.

• Like 1

Thaksin: I quit out of annoyance

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra said Thursday that he has quit his advisory posts for the Cambodian government and Cambodian prime minister out of annoyance.

In an interview with Thai Rath, Thaksin said he quit the two posts because "it's annoying. People always accused me of this and that."

Continues:

The Nation - September 2, 2010

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra said Thursday that he has quit his advisory posts for the Cambodian government and Cambodian prime minister out of annoyance.

In an interview with Thai Rath, Thaksin said he quit the two posts because "it's annoying. People always accused me of this and that."

Continues:

It must hurt to always be accused of something or another :huh:

Wish he would quit a few more things out of annoyance. Sponsoring PTP, UDD comes to mind.

noppadum.jpg

What a difference 9 days make.

Has Thaksin already forgotten what the puppy dog said?

An additional Thaksin-ism quipped in the same Thai Rath interview:

"People lied about me all the time. If you believe those lies, you have to ask yourself if there's something wrong with you," Thaksin replied when asked to comment on speculations that he had become seriously ill.

Continues:

====================================================

Thai Rath interview (in Thai)

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/pol/107933

The gems just keep flowing from the interview:

Thaksin said he had to enter diamond mine business because "they robbed me of half of my wealth, so I had to do it to feed my kids."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/09/02/politics/Thaksin-I-quit-out-of-annoyance-30137123.html

With 'kids' he probably means those three-P's, the ones with expensive shopping habits ? All three Baht billionairs and papa still has to foot the bill? Ungrateful brats he's raised. K. Thaksin even had to buy his own soccer-club when neither his kids nor the Thai nation would buy him one for his birthday years ago. Life can be tough :(

The gems just keep flowing from the interview:

Thaksin said he had to enter diamond mine business because "they robbed me of half of my wealth, so I had to do it to feed my kids."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/09/02/politics/Thaksin-I-quit-out-of-annoyance-30137123.html

With 'kids' he probably means those three-P's, the ones with expensive shopping habits ? All three Baht billionairs and papa still has to foot the bill? Ungrateful brats he's raised. K. Thaksin even had to buy his own soccer-club when neither his kids nor the Thai nation would buy him one for his birthday years ago. Life can be tough :(

If his "kids" (aged 30, 28, and 24 and all billionaires in their own right) are so close to starving, then perhaps he should invite them over for one of his light lunches in Dubai.

img3857h.jpg

(from Thaksin's website)