New Passport, Non Imm B In The Old One

Hi,

My Gfriend has just got a new UK passport, her Non-Imm B visa stamp is in the old passport. How can she get the stamp transferred across?

We are flying to Vietnam in 2 weeks, can she just ask the immigration at Suwanabhumi to transfer it when we fly back in, or does she have to do it somewhere here in Bangkok?

Thanks.

It is better to do it at the immigration office, although they seem willing to do it at the airport when people forget to do it.. But it might be very busy, costing extra time you might not have. Transfer of stamps is free and shouldn't take much time, besides the waiting time.

It is filling in the correct form and providing a copy of the new and old passport (relevant pages only) and your arrival card and a photo.

Previous policy was to visit immigration to transfer the stamps but several recent reports indicate they now prefer you just take new and old to airport and have it taken care of on way out. But have not seen anything official on this.

If you find anything out let us know. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your informations me i'm spanish citizen with a 'non-B multiple ' visa in my passport but it arrived to the last page. Tomorrow i go pick my new passport up at my consulate in bkk. Then if i understood well i need also the letter from my consulate + photocopies of old passport+ photos and just 1 question. Where i go to get my visa stamped in the new passport ? To Sathorn imm office or to Chaeng Wattana new immigration office in bkk ? Can someone help me ? Thanks gentlemen.