The Last Place On Earth...

StreetCowboy

Church

Very prudent. Its never too late to repent. Let's hope we get there in time.

Mind, it would be apalling to get there, confess all your sins, make peace with God, and then suffer a miraculous recovery. How embarassing would that be?

SC

Church

yes something like that for me, Soi Cowboy

I actually went to church back before the millenium. It was a little bit embarassing - that's not quite the right word - discomfiting, awkward.

I didn't really feel much absolved, but then I didn't go in very repentant

SC

Heaven ? - On the basis, that I might not get another chance to see it :lol:

That would be my first choice for the next place after the last place, but I'm not sure I'd get a visa...

SC

With LOS being marketted as Paradise, hopefully you have the visa qualifications already ;)

I'd have to embark on aworld tour of every place I have never visited. Not because I particularly want to see every little nook and cranny you understand rather that I love the sensory overload from all the new experiences.

However like all things this would eventually become tiresome and I'd be glad to slip away....I just hope I've enough energy left to climb all those stairs...

good for you rrose070 ! I also, have no problems with Thailand being my last destination. Indeed I have finally found a nice place, now called home, in which I would /will be happy to say my last farewells, and best wishes to everyone remaining.

Camping.

Maybe camping is the last thing you'd like to do.

Britain has produced some great campers - Baden Powell, father of the boy scouts (probably not literally), Frankie Howerd but my favourite, without doubt, is Kenneth Williams.

SC

To be fair S.C, and also as OP. I think you should advise us of your camping location. Else we might think, its more centrally BKK located. ;)

(Baden Powell was indeed a remarkable guy. I presume you know the underlying reason for his setting up of the boy scouts (?) )

To be fair S.C, and also as OP. I think you should advise us of your camping location. Else we might think, its more centrally BKK located. ;)

(Baden Powell was indeed a remarkable guy. I presume you know the underlying reason for his setting up of the boy scouts (?) )

I never knew the bloke, he was before my time, and I'd not like to speculate or rely on gossip and rumour - and furthermore I have no interest.

Actually, camping would be a pretty desperate last resort, though I did have a tent when I was younger.

SC

Ah, O/T I know, but OP before somebody suggests something untoward about B.P.'s setting up the Boy Scouts.... His motivations were based upon his astutely seeing that the world was about to go to war, and that a fit and capable set of disciplines young men would be required to fight the war.

Admirable and foresighted on his part, while so many others had their heads firmly stuck in the sand.

In another thread, someone suggested camping on Sukhumvit Soi 4. You often see girls or boys camping up around there ...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/396352-fun-crazy-guys-night-out-in-bkk/page__view__findpost__p__3867493 but I'm not sure that I would recommend it.

Looking back on the last places I've been, sometimes we have only the vaguest of recollections, and its a wonder we ever find our way back there...

Maybe we could have another thread on places that you don't know whether you've been...

Or places you've been, but you don't know where...

SC

The vietnamese grocer at Carrefour, foodcourt at Carrefour and the camping place at soi 4.

Hideous places to visit..... Can´t understand people who recommend these spots in BKK. Vommit :blink:

Sorry - the Vietnamese grocers' was not in Bangkok; I'd only popped in for a few tins of assorted beers that could not be had elsewhere, but sadly the Engineer's boys were draining the fridge, so I sat down to help them - and thinking on later in the evening, I remembered not remembering one (or possibly more) of the places I'd forgotten...

Carrefour food court''s a good place to start because the beer is exceptionally cheap, and from there, things can only get better.

But to be honest, if its the view that your interested in, I think you can't beat the Camping bars, though you won't see everything there - use your imagination (Oh, I am sorry about that; I feel a bit quesy myself, now).

You don't really seem to be accepting the advice in the helpful vein that it was intended; almost as if you're going out of your way to wind people up...

Anyway, how did your weekend go?

It was my mate's last night at the weekend, but sadly I was late (not as in "the late SC" - it was his last night, not mine) and he has since moved on to greener pastures, we believe. Has he?

SC