Suvarnabhumi Airport Link - What A Mess!

webfact

I've used the airport link twice now, and was very happy with it both times. The trains look fine. Quite ordinary, new and clean. I can't see what people are complaining about. I would suggest people try it out before jumping on the bandwagon and whining about it, they might be pleasantly surprised.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used the airport link twice now, and was very happy with it both times. The trains look fine. Quite ordinary, new and clean. I can't see what people are complaining about. I would suggest people try it out before jumping on the bandwagon and whining about it, they might be pleasantly surprised.

At noon on Monday I took the City Line from Suvarnabhumi to Ratchaprarop station that is located between Makkasan and PhayaThai. From the train I noticed an area that I was familiar with and knew I could catch a bus from there and so got off the train at that stop. I am a backpacker, or should I say that I carry my stuff in a backpack, even though several people have told me that I am too old to still be traveling that way. From the station platform I walked down a couple or three flights of stairs, which I enjoyed, (happy to still be able to use my legs). Normally I arrive at Suvarnabhumi in the wee hours of the morning and have always taken the good series of busses into the city. This time I decided to try the new train because I wasn't sure what the traffic situation would be on the roads at noon. I have to agree with Sabre on all points and I think that the new airport train is a very good addition to Bangkok's transportation system.

Edited by siamiam

Rough comparison of the express train services into the Smoke with ref Suwanna to Bangkok :unsure:

I know that there are deals to be had and a variety of special fares...ie one eyed war hero with no legs etc....but for the punter who turns up and wants to go quickly and NOW......

all standard SINGLE fares (used 50bt/£)

Stansted Express train to London Liverpool St.= £19.80 (990 Bt)

Luton Airport To London Kings Cross-Train = £13-80 (690 Bt)

Gatwick Airport Express Train to London Victoria.= £16-90 (845 Bt)

London Heathrow Espress Train yo London Paddington=£16-50 (825 Bt)

Bangkok Suwanna Airport Express Train to Bangers = Bt 100 =£2-00

We know that ALL Toorists and Expats in LOS are millionaires and have money Toooooooo Much...BUT as far as I am concerned WELL DONE to the new boys on the Street ...Chuu Chuu..... :o