Viktor Bout To Be Extradited By Auction

Boater

BANGKOK – The Foreign Ministry announced today a halt to the extradition proceedings of alleged Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout to the US. Instead, the former KGB agent and supposed inspiration for the film “Lord of War” will be extradited to the highest bidder in an attempt at fairness and transparency.

“The Russians lobbied hard to influence the original Criminal Court trial, which ended in their favor. Then the Americans lobbied hard to influence the appeals court decision, which they won. All this lobbying is hard for us to keep track of. So we think an outright auction is best,” said Sirisak Tiyaphan, director for international affairs at the Office of the Attorney General.

The process of deciding where to extradite Bout has caused chaos and gridlock among Thailand’s competing government institutions, all of which want to extract some kind of gain from their piece of the process. As a result, competitive lack of co-operation has stalled the case, preventing anyone from being properly paid off.

“By auctioning him off publically, and splitting the proceeds evenly between the courts, the police, and the Foreign Ministry, we can all come away happy,” said Chartchai Sutthiklom, director-general of the Corrections Department.

“Together we can,” he added.

The auction will be held at the Supreme Court next Monday at 9AM,with the bidding to begin at 100 million baht. Main bidders expected to attend include the Russian government, the US State Department, Mossad, Congo president Joseph Kabila, and a consortium of Hollywood producers headed by Jerry Bruckheimer

source- www.notthenation.com :whistling:

Edited by Boater

So where do the UN anti traffiking lobyists fit in here ? So blatant an offering on the world market of one human to another , was Thailand not given a warning a short while ago on this type of 'Dealing' .

The quoted source is notthenation.com, a source not to be taken seriously. :D

So where do the UN anti traffiking lobyists fit in here ? So blatant an offering on the world market of one human to another , was Thailand not given a warning a short while ago on this type of 'Dealing' .

Don't you feel just a little silly that you fell for this?

The funniest thing about a lot of NTN " stories " are how, with little stretch of the imagination, they become entirely plausible.

totally agree, when i first read this , i thought it was the most plausible case possible ;) fits right into the way Thailand operates

The funniest thing about a lot of NTN " stories " are how, with little stretch of the imagination, they become entirely plausible.

totally agree, when i first read this , i thought it was the most plausible case possible ;) fits right into the way Thailand operates

It's only "believable" if you're a total moron.

' Believeable' and ' Plausible ' are completly different

Not necessarily a moron. Maybe he just have his roots in Berkshire.;)

Edited by Hawkup2000

True or not, the truth isn't that far off.

I read in the paper the other day about the politics being played here in Thailand. Forget the US and Russia. That plane loaded with arms is being brought up to cast Thaksin into the mess. At the time, I found it hard to understand why Thailand would get involved, Now, it's being said that Thaksin was part of the scheme. Of course, the new government wasn't, so they want to play it for political advantage.

Now, pressure is being applied by both the US and Russia. I have no idea what's going on behind closed doors, but Thailand got in over their heads, and they are lost. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The more bizarre the story, the more the truth is hidden.