Taxi Suvebhumi Airport To Pattaya

JONTY

or take the bell bus for 250 baht.

they drop you off directly at your hotel.

The Bell bus service is pretty useless. The last service from the airport is at 6pm and the first service from Pattaya is 6am. The last bus from the transportation center leaves at 7pm. I hardly ever have flights where I can use the bus services.

A Taxi Meter runs at 1400 or 1500 these days. I get a private guy to pick me up at the airport for 1000 including tolls.

I f returning late at night I organise on line for Mr. Taxi in Pattaya to send a car to pick us up. Nice vehicle, good driver and costs about 1200 baht. Send me private message for contact details.

my taxi driver is excellent all speak good english turn out smart cars clean fast relaible service 1100 to 1200 baht all tolls paid for brings the beer to if you ask him call alex 0898998039 used for two years evry month never been late does not work on thai time.

The Bell bus service is pretty useless.

The last service from the airport is at 6pm and the first service from Pattaya is 6am.

I find your comment rather strange.

Most flights arrive in Bangkok during the day, early morning or early afternoon, so Bell bus times are rather good.

I think only some American guys arrive late at night. (2am ?)

A Taxi Meter runs at 1400 or 1500 these days.

I get a private guy to pick me up at the airport for 1000 including tolls.

You don't have any problem to find a taxi for 1,000 baht with a less than 2 minutes bargain. (Last time I got this price was 4 weeks ago). Sometime even 800 baht + tolls only.

Arrived at 2pm today, didn't want to wait for the 4pm Bell bus, so I took the airport shuttle to the bus terminal to pick up the next public bus to Pattaya.

However I just missed the 2:50pm bus by a few minutes and next one was 5pm. Neither of the choices of heading back for the 4pm Bell bus or wait to 5pm for the public bus sounded good.

Instead I walked across the road to the Public Taxi lot, was swarmed by taxi drivers that wanted to know my destination. I answered Pattaya and was taken to a window where the girl inside said "Pattaya 1,500 Baht".

I told her that I thought it was a bit expensive, she then asked how much I wanted to pay. "1,200 sounds fair to me" and she quickly countered with 1,300, I said that if that includes the tolls I'll take it. So we had a deal.

If I would have pressed I'm sure I would have got it down a 100 or two. There was a laminated price list hanging on the passenger seat of the taxi that listed Pattaya 1,500 one way and 2,300 round trip.

The last service from the airport is at 6pm and the first service from Pattaya is 6am.

Most flights arrive in Bangkok during the day, early morning or early afternoon, so Bell bus times are rather good.

I find your comment very strange to the point of being totally out of touch with reality.

The fist Bell bus leaves from Pattaya at 6am, arriving at the airport around sometime between 7:15 and 7:30 assuming no traffic delays. For an international flight you need to be there at least 2 hours prior to a flight, so that basically means that anyone flying out before 9:30 am cannot take a bus. To catch the last Bell bus at 6pm you have to arrive and pick up your baggage by 5:45pm. This means that any flights arriving after 5pm cannot catch a Bell bus to Pattaya.

Do you have any idea how many flights depart Suvarnabhumi before 9:30 am? Or arrive after 5 pm? Hundreds of flights per day. You should get up there sometimes and have a look. It's busy way past midnight and from very early in the morning.

You're using a 2am arrival from the US to make your point. I'm using every arrival after 5pm and every departure before 9:30 am to show you how useless the Bell service really is. You can also add to that every early morning arrival and late night departure as the first bus leaves the airport at 8am and the last bus leaves Pattaya at 7pm.

To add to the problem, even during their operational hours they only run every 2 hours in either direction therefore even if you're lucky to be flying during the day you could be waiting at the airport an extra hour or two for your bus.

A Taxi Meter runs at 1400 or 1500 these days.

I get a private guy to pick me up at the airport for 1000 including tolls.

You don't have any problem to find a taxi for 1,000 baht with a less than 2 minutes bargain. (Last time I got this price was 4 weeks ago). Sometime even 800 baht + tolls only.

I disagree. You can and will often have problems finding a taxi for 1,000 baht to Pattaya. At times all taxi hustlers are moved on by the police. I've arrived with not one tout to be seen.

I f returning late at night I organise on line for Mr. Taxi in Pattaya to send a car to pick us up. Nice vehicle, good driver and costs about 1200 baht. Send me private message for contact details.

Mr. T is fantastic.

It's not just Americans who arrive late. Those planes connect all over Asia...so if you are coming from Japan, China, Lorea, Taiwan, Philippines, etc....all can arrive very late at night....as well as many flights from various places here in Thailand...

I find your comment very strange to the point of being totally out of touch with reality.

Hey calm, calm.

BellBuss suit well for most guys arriving from (or departing to) Europe.

That's many many people but - I agree - not everybody.

Bus are at least full 1/2 or 3/4 everytime I take them, proof that they are not useless.

If theses bus don't do it for you ok, take a taxi or an other way,

but don't say they are useless only because you can't use them.

:jap:

Hey calm, calm.

BellBuss suit well for most guys arriving from (or departing to) Europe.

That's many many people but - I agree - not everybody.

Bus are at least full 1/2 or 3/4 everytime I take them, proof that they are not useless.

If theses bus don't do it for you ok, take a taxi or an other way,

but don't say they are useless only because you can't use them.

:jap:

It is useless as far as an airport connection to and from an international airport to a major tourist destination is concerned. In this context it's a joke and that's the context I meant it in. To be a reasonable service they need buses to and from the airport at 30 min intervals to service all flights from early morning to late at night.

The way they run it is still not a good service for even the lucky Europeans who arrive during the day because they would most likely still have to wait quite a while for the buses as they only leave every 2 hours. This is a major inconvenience for people who have just spent 12 hours on a plane and the reason the buses are not full.

Telling me to take a taxi because "these buses don't do it for you ok" was unnecessary because these buses are never around when I need them anyway. I just explained in the earlier post that I arrange private pickups.

I stand by my original assessment...."useless"

The fist Bell bus leaves from Pattaya at 6am, arriving at the airport around sometime between 7:15 and 7:30 assuming no traffic delays. For an international flight you need to be there at least 2 hours prior to a flight, so that basically means that anyone flying out before 9:30 am cannot take a bus. To catch the last Bell bus at 6pm you have to arrive and pick up your baggage by 5:45pm. This means that any flights arriving after 5pm cannot catch a Bell bus to Pattaya.

Do you have any idea how many flights depart Suvarnabhumi before 9:30 am? Or arrive after 5 pm? Hundreds of flights per day. You should get up there sometimes and have a look. It's busy way past midnight and from very early in the morning.

You're using a 2am arrival from the US to make your point. I'm using every arrival after 5pm and every departure before 9:30 am to show you how useless the Bell service really is. You can also add to that every early morning arrival and late night departure as the first bus leaves the airport at 8am and the last bus leaves Pattaya at 7pm.

To add to the problem, even during their operational hours they only run every 2 hours in either direction therefore even if you're lucky to be flying during the day you could be waiting at the airport an extra hour or two for your bus.

Tropo You are right - I agree with all you say and about the taxi costs. I travel through the airport every month and the bus times are hopeless unless you are flying through the middle of the day. I can never get a taxi for less than 1500 these days even haggling.....My plane lands at 16:15 and I never make the 17:00 buses with customs and waiting for my bags.

and going off topic I saw T.V. posters idignantly stating that there is no difference in exchange rates at the airport and Pattaya / Jomtien......I traveled through at the start of the month when it was just over 50 baht in Pattaya and 1 hour 40 mins later at Travelex it was just over 48....!!!

back to taxis...if any one is paying 800 to 1,000 for a taxi ...it might not be a "real taxi" and you could get mugged.

I was 5 years ago.

Driven into the middle of nowhere somwhere outside Bangkok and confronted by a dozen large local thugs - who made me and lots of other people who had made the same mistake - take a real taxi from a there mugging location - So I ended up paying double for the journey to Jomtien. :realangry:

Arrived at 2pm today, didn't want to wait for the 4pm Bell bus, so I took the airport shuttle to the bus terminal to pick up the next public bus to Pattaya.

However I just missed the 2:50pm bus by a few minutes and next one was 5pm. Neither of the choices of heading back for the 4pm Bell bus or wait to 5pm for the public bus sounded good.

Instead I walked across the road to the Public Taxi lot, was swarmed by taxi drivers that wanted to know my destination. I answered Pattaya and was taken to a window where the girl inside said "Pattaya 1,500 Baht".

I told her that I thought it was a bit expensive, she then asked how much I wanted to pay. "1,200 sounds fair to me" and she quickly countered with 1,300, I said that if that includes the tolls I'll take it. So we had a deal.

If I would have pressed I'm sure I would have got it down a 100 or two. There was a laminated price list hanging on the passenger seat of the taxi that listed Pattaya 1,500 one way and 2,300 round trip.

well you are ruining it for everyone else, never ever pay more than 1000baht including toll, brush up on your bargaining skills especially since a few posts up you where told how to do it :whistling:

well you are ruining it for everyone else, never ever pay more than 1000baht including toll, brush up on your bargaining skills especially since a few posts up you where told how to do it :whistling:

It's always so funny to see these "You are ruining it for every else" statements, when someone thinks that another farang has paid an overprice. :lol:

I must assume that you fly with WiFi access and browse the ThaiVisa forum as your inflight entertainment, so you'd be all up to speed on the latest topics and postings.

Unfortunately for me I didn't have access to ThaiVisa during my flight and incidentally that happens to be just as this tread was started. So a bit tough to take your advice. :whistling:

He's not ruining it for everyone as 1000 baht including tolls would hardly be a regular price for tourists and expats. The regular taxi fare was 1400 baht even 5 years ago. Negotiated fares with taxi husslers outside the terminal would normally be around 1200 baht best price.

I don't see how these "overpayers" will hurt you.

For the price of 1000 baht I'd much rather arrange a pickup by a reliable driver I know well. If anyone is interested in a very good pick up - 1000 baht including tolls service in a new car by a good, safe driver just pm me.