Money Stolen From Your Back Pocket On Soi6

nikkoid66

I wanted to tell everybody a story that happened to me when I first arrived in Pattaya, I lost 5000 bath very stupidly but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Soi4/5/6 there are a lot of Lady boys who try to hug you. AVOID them all, put your arms between you and them and never let them touch you.

When I arrived here I got caught by one very sticky and funny girl/boy when I was coming back from the ATM with my 5000 in my back pocket. I had a small wallet with the money in the back on my ass.

The guy put his harms around me and we had some funny time, it took only 1 min. But when I was back in my hotel, my money was gone! Amazingly only the 1000 bills from the ATM were gone, the smallest ones were still in here.

I came back to the same place another day and saw another farang in the same situation, he seems very happy to be hug... the girls on the other side of the road cannot ignore what these guysgirls are doing here, and they say nothing...

Just avoid hugs with girls/boys/katoe in the streets, they are really good at their job and I am sure they can get your money from a closed pocket, or even if you put your wallet in the front pocket...

Edited by nikkoid66
  • Like 1

Happened to me many years ago just at the beginning of Walking Street, but that time it was a girl just walking on the Street, I felt her hand going in my back pocket and was able to grab it and take it out without her getting the money.

You had 1 minute of funny time with a Tranny in the street? :blink:

Oh mate, sounds like 1 minute too long, but whatever turns you on.

In the late 90,s I made my way off walking street up beach road to check into a hotel. There were a few of these cross dressers in a dark, unlit area of the road. I had jeans with my cash in the front pocket....one made an attempt to put its arms around me whilst talking crap, then I felt its hand trying to get into my pockets.

I started shouting at it, but it wasn't alone, so I made a quick exit.

Personally I avoid all contact with sticky girl/boys in the street.

Its an old scam mate. Artful Dodger and all that.

Edited by soihok

leaving money in your back pocket is asking for it.

I can't believe people are that stupid.

I agree, I was very upset, not because of the loss of 5000 baths but more because of my own stupidity. You always think it will not happen to you but when it does, it is a good lesson.

When I go to Walking street I keep my money on the front, on my d.ick, so that if anyone touch it, I will feel something! and I never take more than I need.

Another danger zone for aggressive sex worker pickpockets is Soi Chaiyapoon, just off of Soi Buakaow. I haven't been robbed there but most every time I go they run out to touch and they are incredibly obvious wannabe thieves. I am sure they get their fair share of drunks, I just dart away.

Another danger zone for aggressive sex worker pickpockets is Soi Chaiyapoon, just off of Soi Buakaow.

I walk down Soi Chaiyapoon quite often (in the dozens if not hundreds of times), and have never seen any problems like you mention. Strange.

Edited by Jimmyd

While you may perceive a threat there, I really doubt any pickpocketing goes on there (basically there are just beer bars and massage parlors in that area). I've been wrong before, but I'm guessing they're just trying to pick up some customers, not your wallet.

While you may perceive a threat there, I really doubt any pickpocketing goes on there (basically there are just beer bars and massage parlors in that area). I've been wrong before, but I'm guessing they're just trying to pick up some customers, not your wallet.

I don't go there as often as you but I am certain the threat was real. They went DIRECTLY to my pocket area, 'nuff said. Like I said, you would have to be drunk or street unaware to be a victim of them, but I am sorry, I know a direct threat when I see/feel one.

How is it done?

The OP mentioned that only the 1000 baht bills were gone and the smaller still there. I was pickpocketed once on a baht bus awhile back (different thread). Again, only the large bills were missing. I keep all of them together in my wallet. How to they sort out which bills to take -- why even take the time to sort it out instead of taking it all?

Some mystery here...:blink:

How is it done?

The OP mentioned that only the 1000 baht bills were gone and the smaller still there. I was pickpocketed once on a baht bus awhile back (different thread). Again, only the large bills were missing. I keep all of them together in my wallet. How to they sort out which bills to take -- why even take the time to sort it out instead of taking it all?

Different Thai bills feel differently and they are sized differently. Blind people have no problem telling which is which.

They went DIRECTLY to my pocket area, 'nuff said.

Well, you learn something every day. I must have some sort of anti-pickpocket radar. Or maybe it's just my alien-like face on my adonis-like body (or did I get that backwards?).

How is it done?

I think they pick the ones that stick together and do not bother about the smaller ones. This is very smart because you do not realize immediately that you have been robbed as your wallet is not completely empty.

Do a Re Run,Put a bit of Soap with Razor Blades pressed into it in yer back pocket.:blink:

Risky, imagine you find no one and you forget, then you put you hand in your own pocket and you bloody hurt yourself... What will you say to the doctor when he will ask you "why did you put razorblades into your ass pocket?:D

Edited by nikkoid66

I don't let anyone touch me.And A man yet,maybe your into that sort of thing.When I have baht with me I keep it in my front pockets.If someone puts their fingers there I know it right on the spot.I never have problems with money.

What you do in this situation is put your hand firmly over your wallet. Don't move your hand until you get away. Leave the other hand free for what ever else may be necessary. This works for me. They already know where your wallet is.

Late at night while riding the Baht Bus. When other passengers get on. I slap my hand over my front poket where the wallet is. I leave my one hand over the wallet in the poket and don't move it. I have had obvious pick pokets get of the Baht Bus when they see this move. They figure it is not worth a try.

It's about time that men, in general, began to realise that carrying 'the wallet in the back/hip pocket' is the worst place to carry i

Everybody should carry one ofthose across the shoulder bags so that their valuables are always in front of them.

Much safer that way.

What you do in this situation is put your hand firmly over your wallet. Don't move your hand until you get away. Leave the other hand free for what ever else may be necessary. This works for me. They already know where your wallet is.

Late at night while riding the Baht Bus. When other passengers get on. I slap my hand over my front poket where the wallet is. I leave my one hand over the wallet in the poket and don't move it. I have had obvious pick pokets get of the Baht Bus when they see this move. They figure it is not worth a try.

Good thinking. 'hugger muggers' have made a few headlines in the UK too http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23785071-find-the-hugger-muggers-who-prey-on-people-leaving-christmas-parties.do

You might want to try this.

Put yout wallet in the front pocket of your shorts with the open top pointing down.

Twist the pocket through 180deg. Or even 360deg if the pocket will allow it. Only works with some shorts though.

No way to get at it without un-twisting the pocket.

Another danger zone for aggressive sex worker pickpockets is Soi Chaiyapoon, just off of Soi Buakaow. I haven't been robbed there but most every time I go they run out to touch and they are incredibly obvious wannabe thieves. I am sure they get their fair share of drunks, I just dart away.

I'm puzzled about that, because I walk up and down there without problems. Do you mean another soi of Soi Buakhaow, like Sois Lengkee or LK ?

You might want to try this.

Put yout wallet in the front pocket of your shorts with the open top pointing down.

Twist the pocket through 180deg. Or even 360deg if the pocket will allow it. Only works with some shorts though.

No way to get at it without un-twisting the pocket.

My recommendation would be to put your wallet in the front pocket of your jeans and then above it; seal the pocket with a baby's nappy safety pin.

It might sound silly, but it has saved me thousands of baht in anti-pickpocketing on Soi 6, Soi 6/1 and Beach Road after dusk.

I'm puzzled about that, because I walk up and down there without problems. Do you mean another soi of Soi Buakhaow, like Sois Lengkee or LK ?

No, but I am only talking about a small SECTION of the soi, not the entire soi.